• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have much interest in Kane to be honest. He's a good player but he's not worth the headache.

I also think they need to figure out a #3 dman before they start sending the d prospects out.

Myers is probably that guy, but I guess that will wait until next season. By then, you consider Provorov and Ghost grizzled veterans and we don't mind adding another rookie on defense.

There's not really enough room for all of Sanheim, Myers and Morin though...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mock trade that they proposed in that article and is intriguing is the following:

The Flyers send Sanheim, Stolarz, Lehtera and a 2018 1st round pick for Kane and Lehner, then we also swap 2018 2nd round picks.

If it's a sign and trade with Kane, that is pretty interesting. Lehner would still be a RFA this offseason, so he isn't a rental either.

We would be unloading $4.7 million of Lehtera for next season, acquiring goaltending help and a big, physical left wing that can score.
Kane make a lot of money and is not worth his contarct. IMO

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like a decent Idea, but would we be stuck with Kane? He's decent but I'm not sure I'd want to keep him long term, but if we could pawn him off in another deal for a solid third line player or anything better, I'm game.
No for me on Kane.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane make a lot of money and is not worth his contarct. IMO

He would probably be a younger, arguably better version of Wayne Simmonds for us, just at a couple million dollars extra. They've called him a bit of a problem child in the past however.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would probably be a younger, arguably better version of Wayne Simmonds for us, just at a couple million dollars extra. They've called him a bit of a problem child in the past however.
If Simmer made 6 million i would also say he is not worth it.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane is a top six guy though, you wouldn't want to trade him for a solid third line player...Lol

His perceived attitude is probably an issue though, so it's a trade I don't think I would make for that reason.
Sometimes he is and I know they rate him as such, I was just thinking A solid third/second line type that can score and play some PK. Kane would be an easier lure I think than having to off one of our up and comers, I think we're all of the same mind that if he wasn't part of any deal we would be good with that too lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes he is and I know they rate him as such, I was just thinking A solid third/second line type that can score and play some PK. Kane would be an easier lure I think than having to off one of our up and comers, I think we're all of the same mind that if he wasn't part of any deal we would be good with that too lol
Its funny to me that we are looking to get Kane as a top 6 forward that can score 25-30 goals Hmmmmmm who does that remind me of?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny to me that we are looking to get Kane as a top 6 forward that can score 25-30 goals Hmmmmmm who does that remind me of?
Lol not sure thats the end goal, I think we are talking as some sort of package deal. I'd just like a solid player that can Pk and score a little. Unfortunately we need goalie help but don't want to get carried away aquiring one either.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're actually talking about a 30+ scorer with the potential for 40+ with the right talent around him, not 25-26...Lol

Besides, you can't just say if we add a 60 point guy to our team today, that gives us 60 more points of production. That's not how it works. Guys like Konecny and Patrick potentially get demoted, they're growth stunted and the chemistry of the new lines is a great unknown too.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're actually talking about a 30+ scorer with the potential for 40+ with the right talent around him, not 25-26...Lol

Besides, you can't just say if we add a 60 point guy to our team today, that gives us 60 more points of production. That's not how it works. Guys like Konecny and Patrick potentially get demoted, they're growth stunted and the chemistry of the new lines is a great unknown too.
I dont know. Kane has only scored 30 once and that was 6 years ago. If I'm reading this thread right is the general consensus is that if Kane is acquired in a package deal that we will resign him long term and look to trade Wayne? Not sure that would be the best move d/t to Wayne's production and chemistry. He is 3 years older but, will most likely command a lower salary than Kane as well. I also agree that Kane has a history as a malcontent and Wayne is loved by teammates and fans alike.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. Kane has only scored 30 once and that was 6 years ago. If I'm reading this thread right is the general consensus is that if Kane is acquired in a package deal that we will resign him long term and look to trade Wayne? Not sure that would be the best move d/t to Wayne's production and chemistry. He is 3 years older but, will most likely command a lower salary than Kane as well. I also agree that Kane has a history as a malcontent and Wayne is loved by teammates and fans alike.

True, but I think Kane would probably put up way better numbers on a way better team with more opportunities. He's a big, strong, physical guy that unloads a ton of shots, much like maybe a poor man's OV.

I love Wayne Simmonds, but we aren't going to just lose him for nothing after one more season and also I'm not sure we're willing to pay him a contract of $6+ million per at age 31-32.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, it will be very interesting to see what Hexy does this offseason with potentially $20+ million in cap space if the ceiling rises.

We only lose Filppula, Manning, Read and Umberger, which is mostly addition by subtraction. Everyone else from this current squad returns. It might be the first season we become a true Cup contender if the right moves are made now and then.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mirror images hahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Evander Kane Stats and News

Brayden Schenn Stats and News

You are right again who needs another 60 point scorer this season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kane was a rental for this year he could be a wildcard that puts them over the top. But I wouldn't want that cancer on this team longer than that. Packaged with Lehner and it would fill some holes tough call... Neuvy would be gone next year if they did this....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kane was a rental for this year he could be a wildcard that puts them over the top. But I wouldn't want that cancer on this team longer than that. Packaged with Lehner and it would fill some holes tough call... Neuvy would be gone next year if they did this....
We need to get a goalie in here i hope it isn't going to come at the price of Kane upsetting our flow we have going.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the wagon of if we get him trade him in the offseason for some Pk help or alternate scoring on lower lines.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the wagon of if we get him trade him in the offseason for some Pk help or alternate scoring on lower lines.
Sure, that would be ideal. But we could only trade his RFA rights since his contract is up.