• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol First off, you can't compare the two. Lehtera has been a healthy scratch for half of the season. Nobody is arguing that these two are equal or close.

Secondly, you're acting as if this trade was a one for one. Apparently we traded Schenn for just Lehtera. What the fuck are you talking about, I mean really!?!

Furthermore, one guy is playing on the top line of a good team with elite level talent on his wing and the other on the 3rd or 4th line with guys like Weise and Laughton. You can't compare their fucking stats...Lol

I'm done on this argument. Keep going if you like.
Umm i responded to AWAZ about Schenn not you. You're the one who responded to me about the trade so dont try to blame me for you arguing the Schenn trade again. Fact of the matter is if we had another 60 point scorer on this team this season we would be one of the cup favorites.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointing to blow that many leads, especially the last one late obviously.

Hextall seemed to think March sometime for Stolarz, and even then he'll be very rusty. I don't think he's a real option. By the time he gets up to game speed Elliot will be back.

I'm just hoping Lyon can step up so we don't have to move assets for a 3rd string freakin goalie.
That game stunk so bad. Didnt play a 60 minute game and got a point but its just a bump in the road. We get back on the winning track against Columbus Friday. I think we have to make a goalie move after watching Neuvy struggle again last night. Plus we still suck in the shoot outs

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you give Lyon a shot see if him and Crazy Train can hold the fort til Elliott's return.
Elliot being hurt stinks so bad . Hes been so good for us this season. I guess after last night Neuvy wont be seeing any playoff action for us barring injury.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it what if they got another bridge goalie not just this year but next as well. Neuvy gonzo next year. This guy could battle it out with Stolarz until Hart bumps them. That would make it easier to choke on a trade of assets plus help them this year. Elliott is no sure thing at this point either. Maybe Lehner at the right price makes sense or someone like that...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it what if they got another bridge goalie not just this year but next as well. Neuvy gonzo next year. This guy could battle it out with Stolarz until Hart bumps them. That would make it easier to choke on a trade of assets plus help them this year. Elliott is no sure thing at this point either. Maybe Lehner at the right price makes sense or someone like that...
I agree 100%

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After news that Brian Elliott will miss five to six weeks after abdominal surgery Tuesday, the Flyers are clearly in the market for a goalie. And it may not stop there.

“I can’t say we’ll go with the 23 guys on our roster right now,” general manager Ron Hextall said. “You don’t know what’s going to come up. I’ll repeat what I always say: if we can make our team better at any position we’ll look at it.”

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like Hextall's plan is to get a rental. Elliot and Neuvy are signed through next season, so I expect they are the plan for next season. Stolarz and Lyon are only signed through this season, I expect the idea was to re-sign one of them to split time in the AHL with Hart next season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz this is why i think our defense is better than you are giving them credit for.

Ghost +9
Prov +8 (-2 in last nights game)
Amac +7
Hagg +11
Manning -3
Gudas -2 (-2 in last nights game)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Macdonald has been one of the MVPS of this team. He surprisingly brings a calmness to the entire back end. When he went down early in the season we went into the tank. Id love to see the teams record with him in the lineup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Macdonald has been one of the MVPS of this team. He surprisingly brings a calmness to the entire back end. When he went down early in the season we went into the tank. Id love to see the teams record with him in the lineup
Most of us have come to realize AMac is a very important cog to this team but not everyone, so to me i agree with you.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mock trade that they proposed in that article and is intriguing is the following:

The Flyers send Sanheim, Stolarz, Lehtera and a 2018 1st round pick for Kane and Lehner, then we also swap 2018 2nd round picks.

If it's a sign and trade with Kane, that is pretty interesting. Lehner would still be a RFA this offseason, so he isn't a rental either.

We would be unloading $4.7 million of Lehtera for next season, acquiring goaltending help and a big, physical left wing that can score.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mock trade that they proposed in that article and is intriguing is the following:

The Flyers send Sanheim, Stolarz, Lehtera and a 2018 1st round pick for Kane and Lehner, then we also swap 2018 2nd round picks.

If it's a sign and trade with Kane, that is pretty interesting. Lehner would still be a RFA this offseason, so he isn't a rental either.

We would be unloading $4.7 million of Lehtera for next season, acquiring goaltending help and a big, physical left wing that can score.
This sounds like a decent Idea, but would we be stuck with Kane? He's decent but I'm not sure I'd want to keep him long term, but if we could pawn him off in another deal for a solid third line player or anything better, I'm game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really have much interest in Kane to be honest. He's a good player but he's not worth the headache.

I also think they need to figure out a #3 dman before they start sending the d prospects out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us have come to realize AMac is a very important cog to this team but not everyone, so to me i agree with you.

I'm not ready to say he's been great, but he's been passable this season. And they've been significantly better with him than without him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz this is why i think our defense is better than you are giving them credit for.

Ghost +9
Prov +8 (-2 in last nights game)
Amac +7
Hagg +11
Manning -3
Gudas -2 (-2 in last nights game)

And 4 of the 6 are part of the league's 28th ranked PK. We can probably trade stats back and forth a bunch, but watching them turn the puck over game after game and fail clear after clear makes me believe they're not ready for a run. (forwards aren't immune to that either, but I have a lot more confidence in the top 9 forwards than the bottom 4 dmen)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you wanted to look at +/- as your defining stat, look at the true cup contenders..

TBL
Hedman +24
Stralman +21
Girardi +17
Dotchin +16
Sergachev +7
Coburn +5
Koekkoek +3
Sustr -4

And talk amongst pundits is they don't feel like they have enough depth on the blueline and will probably buy some at the deadline

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like a decent Idea, but would we be stuck with Kane? He's decent but I'm not sure I'd want to keep him long term, but if we could pawn him off in another deal for a solid third line player or anything better, I'm game.

Kane is a top six guy though, you wouldn't want to trade him for a solid third line player...Lol

His perceived attitude is probably an issue though, so it's a trade I don't think I would make for that reason.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you wanted to look at +/- as your defining stat, look at the true cup contenders..

TBL
Hedman +24
Stralman +21
Girardi +17
Dotchin +16
Sergachev +7
Coburn +5
Koekkoek +3
Sustr -4

And talk amongst pundits is they don't feel like they have enough depth on the blueline and will probably buy some at the deadline
By posting the plus/minus of our guys i wasn't trying to compare them to the best in the league i was just saying they aren't as bad as you think.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say he's been great, but he's been passable this season. And they've been significantly better with him than without him.
He is by no means great but we for sure play better with him in the line up.