• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious as to who is the backup tonight,and do we not have any god damn faith in any of our goaltending prospects to step in?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya.. that's going to be a problem. Still, I hope they don't give up much to address it. I don't really want to give up a prospect or anything higher than a 2nd round pick for a few months of a goalie.

I don't think we will either. No way Hexy is giving up anything truly significant for just a backup goalie for the stretch run.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious as to who is the backup tonight,and do we not have any god damn faith in any of our goaltending prospects to step in?

It has to be Alex Lyon. I don't see any other feasible candidate. I can't wait until Hart turns 20 this summer and we can play him at the pro level. If he excels immediately at the Ahl level, there would be little reason to hold him back for long.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, can we get a new pair of referees and linesmen for this one? Our players are more prepared to play than they are to referee them and we just traveled from Vegas...Lol

At least 2 of the 4 penalty calls that period were completely made up and they whistled us for icing when Kinkaid came out to play the puck and Patrick had it beat anyway. They tried to correct the call, but still. Whistles being blown when the puck isn't frozen too. What a joke of a period...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, Konecny sniped early on from Giroux and Ghost, giving us another rare lead through one period. Kinkaid looked shaky throughout, so I would continue to pepper him with pucks and screen him.

They are a desperate team right now that is really losing traction in the playoff race, so we need to put them away for good here.

At this rate, our penalty kill will get tested a lot more tonight (no matter how much discipline we show), so it needs to be in top form.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Players getting hick-sticked, slashed, cross-checked, boarded and interfered with all over the ice and the refs call tripping on a very slight tap to the foot of Hischier by Couturier below the goal line that later led to the goal by Moore. It won't go down as a power play goal, but it essentially was.

It's just unreal. You can just about kill a guy with your stick or elbow someone in the face with no call, but if you lightly tap their skate blade with your stick blade in a non-scoring area, that's a minor penalty.

Quite frankly, this is just teaching players to dive and I hate it. Yeah, like the dive Zajac took when Voracek's stick was forced up into his visor.

Flyers lead 4-3 through two periods. We've got to put them away early in the 3rd and take this out of the hands of the referees.

On a side note, Neuvy needs to be way better on the goal by Hall. That's just terrible to give up a goal from that angle to anyone.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we just gave the Devils a point. Let's hope it's not two. Anyone want to maybe cover their only 50 or even 40 point scorer? This game has been fucking maddening to watch. Not surprised at all that it goes to OT.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn do I hate giving up a late goal in a game. This should have ended in regulation and now hope we get 2 pts.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant fail. Neuvy gets outdueled by Keith fucking Kinkaid and Drew fucking Stafford in the shootout. A career backup and a third line winger who was a nice goal scorer 10 years ago.

Yes, both of them, oddly enough, have the middle name "fucking."

Definitely time to consider looking for another goalie. If anything, Neuvy will probably get hurt in the next 26+ games. We will need help in net by early March even if he stays healthy because of the back to back scenarios.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant fail. Neuvy gets outdueled by Keith fucking Kinkaid and Drew fucking Stafford in the shootout. A career backup and a third line winger who was a nice goal scorer 10 years ago.

Yes, both of them, oddly enough, have the middle name "fucking."

Definitely time to consider looking for another goalie. If anything, Neuvy will probably get hurt in the next 26+ games. We will need help in net by early March even if he stays healthy because of the back to back scenarios.
Is lyon our only option within the system? Seems crazy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the ageless Ryan Miller is available? At least he has good numbers in shootouts. Kidding about Miller, but here we are discussing goaltending again. I hate being in this position.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is lyon our only option within the system? Seems crazy.

Our number one and number three are injured, that being Elliott and Stolarz. Neuvy is number two and Lyon would be number four.

After that, there's Dustin Tokarski. He and the Phantoms just shut out the Bridgeport Sound Tigers tonight on the road 5-0, but he's a career minor league guy and has terrible numbers this season. The same goes for John Muse, the guy backing him up, whom I've never heard of.

Aside from that, we have Carter Hart in the WHL and other prospects across the globe such as Sandstrom, Tomek and Fedotov that are in other leagues and obviously not options for the big club. Those last three aren't signed yet either, we just own their rights.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the ageless Ryan Miller is available? At least he has good numbers in shootouts. Kidding about Miller, but here we are discussing goaltending again. I hate being in this position.

Yes, this seems inevitable, but Neuvy is just too fragile physically and perhaps even too streaky to be our number one full-time. He can't allow that second period shot from Hall at the goal line to go in. That's just awful goaltending. I know Hall is a star, but that shot is coming from a severe angle. In a tight game like that, it simply can't go in.

Neuvy actually has better numbers than Elliott this season, but that really doesn't tell the whole tale. Elliott has been more clutch or timely with his saves and we've won a lot more games with him in net. I think his overall numbers just took a hit from the losing streak and a few other games where we did not show up in front of him at all.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have a leg up on NJ, Columbus and Carolina, but they all gained a point on us tonight. Pretty frustrating loss when we're up 4-3 with under two minutes remaining, but we still manage to take the season series against them, claiming 5 of the possible 8 points.

Fuck the Devils. I would love to draw them in round one and banish them quickly. That said, they probably won't even make the playoffs at this rate.

Have to put this in the rear view mirror though and go beat the Jackets on Friday night in another very important game.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a little frustrating tonight if Stolarz isn't an option soon they need to make a trade. Neuvy is way too streaky and overall I don't trust him. I don't want them to give up the farm maybe a 2nd but find someone decent to hold the fort if Neuvy goes south.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointing to blow that many leads, especially the last one late obviously.

Hextall seemed to think March sometime for Stolarz, and even then he'll be very rusty. I don't think he's a real option. By the time he gets up to game speed Elliot will be back.

I'm just hoping Lyon can step up so we don't have to move assets for a 3rd string freakin goalie.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointing to blow that many leads, especially the last one late obviously.

Hextall seemed to think March sometime for Stolarz, and even then he'll be very rusty. I don't think he's a real option. By the time he gets up to game speed Elliot will be back.

I'm just hoping Lyon can step up so we don't have to move assets for a 3rd string freakin goalie.
I agree with you give Lyon a shot see if him and Crazy Train can hold the fort til Elliott's return.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder if Couts would have broken out his offensive game if Schenn was still here. I am not sure G goes to wing if Schenn was still here. I read somewhere Frost has a real shot at making the team next year as a 19 year old. Hopefully he does and it becomes "Schenn who"?
Im not talking about next year im talking about this years team only. If we had another 60 point scorer on this years team we may a one of the cup favorites this season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this really sucks. Just saw Elliott is out 5-6 weeks after having core muscle surgery. Looks like trade deadline deal is now necessary.
After watching Neuvy last night this move is imperative.