• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in their right mind would trade a top 5 pick for the guys we got in the St Louis trade. :tsk:

The point is that when you have more than one first round pick, you can package two of them (and possibly another pick or prospect) for a much higher first round pick. That happens almost every year in the draft, it's not a secret.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trade away Giroux or Voracek right now, not only will we not get enough value from the returning pieces, we're going to essentially be tanking for this season and possibly a couple more. I mean, get ready for our Cup window to open up in 2024...Lol It delays everything and would be ridiculous.

Then there's also no guarantee that we find elite level talent to replace our elite level talent.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the current espn fantasy hockey spin on Brayden Schenn:

"Before winger Jaden Schwartz (ankle) was placed on injured reserve, Schenn was averaging 1.20 points per game with a remarkable plus-24 rating. In 12 games without Schwartz, though, Schenn has struggled with just 0.42 points per game and a minus-3 rating. Schwartz will be evaluated for return Jan. 23, and Schenn appears to be a risky option until then."

He also has just 1 goal in those 12 games.

Yeah, that's a guy who will carry your franchise or play at an elite level for many full seasons again and again like a John Tavares. A dude who is a "risky option" in fantasy while his linemate is injured. Please.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trade away Giroux or Voracek right now, not only will we not get enough value from the returning pieces, we're going to essentially be tanking for this season and possibly a couple more. I mean, get ready for our Cup window to open up in 2024...Lol It delays everything and would be ridiculous.

Then there's also no guarantee that we find elite level talent to replace our elite level talent.
I hate to break the news to you but our cup window with Gee and Jake is still 2024

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Before winger Jaden Schwartz (ankle) was placed on injured reserve, Schenn was averaging 1.20 points per game with a remarkable plus-24 rating. In 12 games without Schwartz, though, Schenn has struggled with just 0.42 points per game and a minus-3 rating. Schwartz will be evaluated for return Jan. 23, and Schenn appears to be a risky option until then."

Yeah, that's a guy who will carry your franchise or play at an elite level for many full seasons again and again like a John Tavares. A dude who is a "risky option" in fantasy while his linemate is injured. Please.

Schenn 42 points +21
Lehtera 2 points -5

Just sayin

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break the news to you but our cup window with Gee and Jake is still 2024

So you're saying we have zero chance of winning a Cup with Giroux or Voracek? They will both be gone by then unless we extend them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn 42 points +21
Lehtera 2 points -5

Just sayin

You can't compare those two with the roles they are currently in. It's a joke comparison, obviously. The meat is in the two 1st round picks we received.

Morgan Frost with a 15 game point streak, during which he's put up 33 points.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're saying we have zero chance of winning a Cup with Giroux or Voracek? They will both be gone by then unless we extend them.
I am saying look at what we have done the past 6 years with them and you can see a pattern. that should lead you to an obvious conclusion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare those two with the roles they are currently in. It's a joke comparison, obviously. The meat is in the two 1st round picks we received.

Morgan Frost with a 15 game point streak, during which he's put up 33 points.
Morgan frost is playing against a league where all the good players are over in the WJC for the last 15 games not to mention he wasnt selected to even make the tourney so what is the big deal. He is on par with Laughton not really a game changer. you cant really tout a guy that couldn't even make it to the tourney.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying look at what we have done the past 6 years with them and you can see a pattern. that should lead you to an obvious conclusion.

Uh, Giroux was a big part of the team that got us to within a goal and a game of winning a Cup in 2010, so no, I don't see that same conclusion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Giroux was a big part of the team that got us to within a goal and a game of winning a Cup in 2010, so no, I don't see that same conclusion.
Ummmmm 2010 eight years ago AND he wasn't the top gun on the team that's why we went to the finals. With him as the captain and top player let me know what we have done in terms of going near a cup.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude...let it go. I'm pretty sure Bacon even said he doesn't care to debate it anymore.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...let it go. I'm pretty sure Bacon even said he doesn't care to debate it anymore.
I did say that lol. Its all opinions and I think everyone here just wants to see this team win, beating each other up about it is not cool. Mav knows this team too so I see his passion. I think for most of us we just want to get to a cup and the idea of having to wait 3-4 more yrs doesn't sit well with a lot of fans.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say that lol. Its all opinions and I think everyone here just wants to see this team win, beating each other up about it is not cool. Mav knows this team too so I see his passion. I think for most of us we just want to get to a cup and the idea of having to wait 3-4 more yrs doesn't sit well with a lot of fans.

Screw them impatient bastards.
I've been waiting over 40 years,and have mentioned before-
year in and year out,the Flyers give you something to talk about

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw them impatient bastards.
I've been waiting over 40 years,and have mentioned before-
year in and year out,the Flyers give you something to talk about
I hear ya, I think I was in 3rd or 4th grade last time we won. Been a long time lol. But yes def a lot of stuff to talk about always.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm 2010 eight years ago AND he wasn't the top gun on the team that's why we went to the finals. With him as the captain and top player let me know what we have done in terms of going near a cup.

G has 62 points and a +13 in 63 career playoff games. There's not much more he or anyone else can do for a team while trying to win a Cup. Those numbers are better than his average regular season numbers by the way, so he does elevate his game to another level in the playoffs.

I look forward to seeing that again later this season when we make the playoffs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lasgop is the one still debating this, even though Jim Jackson himself just said on the air that you can't judge this trade for at least another 3-4 years. I absolutely agree. That's what I've been saying all along.

That said, if we want to judge it now, Schenn was a -1 today with no points, two shots and won 5 of his 17 faceoffs (29%). The top line of the Blues finally did get it going this afternoon, but not until Stastny supplanted Schenn. Good game for Schenn though against his former squad.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not sure if I wanna start nut swinging about our current streak or continue to be cautious with this team?
ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7-simmonds.gif