• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is up with this Flyers bipolar team? We got crushed by our in state rivals. Ugh! It just seems like every year we are in this same state of mind. We go on a winning streak.then immediately slump? Gaining no ground as a result? Thoughts?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is up with this Flyers bipolar team? We got crushed by our in state rivals. Ugh! It just seems like every year we are in this same state of mind. We go on a winning streak.then immediately slump? Gaining no ground as a result? Thoughts?

I have come to the conclusion that this team is being run by a woman(Hexys' wife?etc..)

The team needs a major fucking tune-up,but no,they just put gas in the tank,and move on.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have come to the conclusion that this team is being run by a woman(Hexys' wife?etc..)

The team needs a major fucking tune-up,but no,they just put gas in the tank,and move on.
What would you change? IMO, nobody should be untouchable. We obviously lack leadership. I think G and Simmer are starting on the decline imo. Do they still have good value in a trade?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you change? IMO, nobody should be untouchable. We obviously lack leadership. I think G and Simmer are starting on the decline imo. Do they still have good value in a trade?

Where to start?
We need a proven backup for Elliott who is not injury prone.

We need forwards who are not afraid to go in the corners,or along the boards,and bang bodies to get a puck.-(Could we get BrindAmour to come back?)

We need a coach who shows some god damn emotion

We need a GM,who should get on the phone and see what the return is on Giroux,Simmonds,Voracek,etc..

We need to bring up some of the young guys and prove their worth,as Read,Flip,Weiss,are worthless

We need defencemen who can carry a puck through the neutral zone,rather than flipping it down the ice...

Rant over- for now

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to start?

We need forwards who are not afraid to go in the corners,or along the boards,and bang bodies to get a puck.-(Could we get BrindAmour to come back?)

We need a GM,who should get on the phone and see what the return is on Giroux,Simmonds,Voracek,etc..

We need to bring up some of the young guys and prove their worth,as Read,Flip,Weiss,are worthless

We need defencemen who can carry a puck through the neutral zone,rather than flipping it down the ice...

Rant over- for now
This is a good start. I like number 3.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some snarl in a division game on home ice. This is what we should've seen out of our boys Tuesday night. Chip it in, chase it and bang bodies virtually all night long. There were still some issues with turnovers and defensive zone coverage, but otherwise that is how we need to play the game every night if possible.

Props to Provorov, Konecny, Weal and Raffl for providing that secondary scoring that we are desperately looking for. While I would say we won the special teams battle handily, you can't just let Tavares walk in and wrist one in with a screen in front. Hagg learned a lesson on the Pulock goal too. How are you letting a defenseman drive wide on you like that, take it to the net and essentially make it a breakaway goal? The gap has to be way better there. Way too much space given. Take the body for fuck's sake. It's bigger than the puck.

While it almost looked like we were going to choke away a three goal lead, we mostly played a very physical but discipline brand of hockey tonight and that will result in more wins moving forward. We're not a big team by any stretch, but guys like Provorov, Gudas, Manning, Hagg, Simmonds, Konecny, Couturier, Raffl, Weise etc. can all lay the wood to people when it's appropriate. Well, they need to keep doing that. Tonight is proof that you can play a very hard-nosed brand of hockey without being shorthanded often.

I believe we won all three fights in this one and Simmonds wasn't even a part of it. I would've liked to see him go with Clutterbuck though at the very end.

As much as this probably should've been a 5-2 or 6-2 win, we will take the 6-4 win with a pretty empty netter...Lol Winning this one in regulation is enormous considering the Pens, Jackets and Devils all went down in regulation on the same night.

We sit only one point back of the Pens and two back of the Isles with games in hand on both. Still four points back of a wild card because the Canes won, but most of the teams ahead of us are losing right now and we have home games coming our way. This is an opportunity to leapfrog several teams with a few more wins.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, they didn't mention it in the broadcast, but Sean Couturier ended up getting the Gordie Howe hat trick in this one. Everyone was looking at Konecny for that, but he never got the assist. Coots already had the goal/assist through two periods and then fought Bailey with about five minutes remaining in the contest.

Another fabulous effort from him, although I wish he had tapped that pass from Giroux home on the power play midway through the 3rd. That would've finally put the game away for good and made it way less stressful for all in the end.

Our power play really looks top notch sometimes, but that tic-tac-toe play isn't always going to be there. Sometimes we just need to go bombs away from the point with a screen and get the deflection or dig for the rebounds. Both Simmonds and Couturier have proven they can do this kind of dirty work down low.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after lasts nights game this team proved it could actually play with heart, so if thats the case then it seems to me the real issue left is an identity problem? What team are we and whats our goal this year? Wish we could get that effort every game though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night's like last night are the root of my issue with this team. Where did that come from? Why don't they play like that all the time? If they played like that all the time, where would they be in the standings? What got them to play like that?

It's infuriating. They obviously CAN play like that. Why don't they always play like that?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's coaching obviously, but i'm not even totally against the leadership issue. My problem with blaming the leadership group and trading G or Jake is you're getting rid of one of your two best players. Trades where both teams benefit today are so rare. If you deal one of them it's probably for picks/prospects, not a 1st line winger. So you get worse by dealing them. But how do you address a perceived leadership issue? Bring in a proven leader that can play on the bottom lines?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's coaching obviously, but i'm not even totally against the leadership issue. My problem with blaming the leadership group and trading G or Jake is you're getting rid of one of your two best players. Trades where both teams benefit today are so rare. If you deal one of them it's probably for picks/prospects, not a 1st line winger. So you get worse by dealing them. But how do you address a perceived leadership issue? Bring in a proven leader that can play on the bottom lines?

Yes you do, I would love to have Doughty in a Flyers uniform. I think he would be a great fit, problem is there are only a couple Doughty's in the league and he'll be highly sought after if he doesn't resign with LA.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post says it all!!:clap:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to start?

Rant over- for now
Every point made here is spot on.

Id like to add Lehtera to the list of worthless players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some snarl in a division game on home ice. This is what we should've seen out of our boys Tuesday night. Chip it in, chase it and bang bodies virtually all night long. There were still some issues with turnovers and defensive zone coverage, but otherwise that is how we need to play the game every night if possible.

Props to Provorov, Konecny, Weal and Raffl for providing that secondary scoring that we are desperately looking for. While I would say we won the special teams battle handily, you can't just let Tavares walk in and wrist one in with a screen in front. Hagg learned a lesson on the Pulock goal too. How are you letting a defenseman drive wide on you like that, take it to the net and essentially make it a breakaway goal? The gap has to be way better there. Way too much space given. Take the body for fuck's sake. It's bigger than the puck.

While it almost looked like we were going to choke away a three goal lead, we mostly played a very physical but discipline brand of hockey tonight and that will result in more wins moving forward. We're not a big team by any stretch, but guys like Provorov, Gudas, Manning, Hagg, Simmonds, Konecny, Couturier, Raffl, Weise etc. can all lay the wood to people when it's appropriate. Well, they need to keep doing that. Tonight is proof that you can play a very hard-nosed brand of hockey without being shorthanded often.

I believe we won all three fights in this one and Simmonds wasn't even a part of it. I would've liked to see him go with Clutterbuck though at the very end.

As much as this probably should've been a 5-2 or 6-2 win, we will take the 6-4 win with a pretty empty netter...Lol Winning this one in regulation is enormous considering the Pens, Jackets and Devils all went down in regulation on the same night.

We sit only one point back of the Pens and two back of the Isles with games in hand on both. Still four points back of a wild card because the Canes won, but most of the teams ahead of us are losing right now and we have home games coming our way. This is an opportunity to leapfrog several teams with a few more wins.
This was a great Flyers team and one ive been asking for all season(and the last 5 years). We played two periods of Flyer brand hockey and then of course we cant sustain that for 3 periods.

Prov is a monster why dont we just put the C on his chest now and get it over with.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, they didn't mention it in the broadcast, but Sean Couturier ended up getting the Gordie Howe hat trick in this one. Everyone was looking at Konecny for that, but he never got the assist. Coots already had the goal/assist through two periods and then fought Bailey with about five minutes remaining in the contest.

Another fabulous effort from him, although I wish he had tapped that pass from Giroux home on the power play midway through the 3rd. That would've finally put the game away for good and made it way less stressful for all in the end.

Our power play really looks top notch sometimes, but that tic-tac-toe play isn't always going to be there. Sometimes we just need to go bombs away from the point with a screen and get the deflection or dig for the rebounds. Both Simmonds and Couturier have proven they can do this kind of dirty work down low.
Love that Couts got the Gordie Howe now we need more of that going forward from everyone.