• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan frost is playing against a league where all the good players are over in the WJC for the last 15 games not to mention he wasnt selected to even make the tourney so what is the big deal. He is on par with Laughton not really a game changer. you cant really tout a guy that couldn't even make it to the tourney.

False yet again. He was snubbed, we've been over this. Probably because he's only 18 and is a smaller player. Jordan Kyrou played for Team Canada in the tournament and only missed 8 of Sarnia's games, so explain to me how that is 15.

To say he's on par with Laughton is just a joke statement. You're either a complete idiot or just trying to start an argument, so I'll give you the benefit and go with the latter. That said, what do you have against Laughton? He's probably worked his way into being one of the best 4th line players in the Nhl.

Frost is on pace for 111 points and is already a +47 in only 38 games. He could even still have one more season in the OHL. Those aren't Scott Laughton numbers either...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first 40 minutes again today, but it looked like we completely took our foot off the gas in the 3rd period. If not for that power play goal by Simmonds, it could've easily been an absolutely stupid shootout loss. Mike Yeo timed it perfectly when pulling the goalie and caught us with zero left in the tank to pull within two before we finally got desperate and put one in the empty net.

Couturier, Giroux and Voracek continue their assault on the Nhl. Konecny, Simmonds, Weal, Laughton and others continue with the secondary scoring or strong play too.

Only gave them one power play and this time we killed it off. 1 for 4 on our power play, which gets the job done too, so we won the special teams battle.

I think guys like Hagg and Patrick still definitely need some work as rookies. Goulbourne played very little, but he sparked the first goal by Laughton with an enormous hit on their best defender, which is really all we can ask of him. I believe that was only our 2nd lead at the 1st intermission in the last 22 games. Pretty unreal stuff.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux 2nd in Nhl scoring as of this moment with 51 points. That's a pace of 102 for 82 games.

And he turns 30 in just 6 days. That dude is ancient, eh?

Not only will this guy grab your ass, he'll score goals off of it too!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out Team Canada's roster for the U20 tournament. They only had three 18 year olds on the entire team. Frost probably should've made the team, but he didn't largely because he's still 18. That and he's not as big as a lot of these other guys. These are not knocks on him, they are just facts. Canada had the oldest team and that's probably a big reason why they won gold.

USA had one of the bigger, older teams too and probably deserved a better fate. Really blew it against Sweden and then stomped the Czech's. Also beat Canada before the elimination rounds.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not sure if I wanna start nut swinging about our current streak or continue to be cautious with this team?
ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7-simmonds.gif
It has to last longer than 2 games for me but I am liking what I am seeing.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Couts needed a few years to reach his potential. Career highs in goals and points half way through the season. And before anyone says it, it's more than just his line mates. He has scored goals that would have in prior years hit the goalie in the chest or gone 5 feet wide.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Couts needed a few years to reach his potential. Career highs in goals and points half way through the season. And before anyone says it, it's more than just his line mates. He has scored goals that would have in prior years hit the goalie in the chest or gone 5 feet wide.
It's not necessarily his linemates, but his healthy linemates, Having a very healthy Roo has been a complete 100% turnaround for that top line, plugging Koneckny in there seems to be working in his favorand is giving him more open ice, hard to carry Laughton, Wiese, etc and excel. Can't wait to see the rest of the dead weight go.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these last 3 games has proven this team can beat anyone, this is why I say WTF all the time. Why couldn't this team compete for a cup this year? Seems they can be unbeatable when they want to be, I just don't get it sometimes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False yet again. He was snubbed, we've been over this. Probably because he's only 18 and is a smaller player. Jordan Kyrou played for Team Canada in the tournament and only missed 8 of Sarnia's games, so explain to me how that is 15.

To say he's on par with Laughton is just a joke statement. You're either a complete idiot or just trying to start an argument, so I'll give you the benefit and go with the latter. That said, what do you have against Laughton? He's probably worked his way into being one of the best 4th line players in the Nhl.

Frost is on pace for 111 points and is already a +47 in only 38 games. He could even still have one more season in the OHL. Those aren't Scott Laughton numbers either...Lol
Laughton Captain of the WJ Canadian team Frost didnt make the team outright Just sayin

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these last 3 games has proven this team can beat anyone, this is why I say WTF all the time. Why couldn't this team compete for a cup this year? Seems they can be unbeatable when they want to be, I just don't get it sometimes.

Exactly. In 4 of the last 5 games they've looked like a playoff team. Even a top 3 in the division type team. Why can't they replicate this night in and night out?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it takes everyone 7 years to reach their potential Gee Jake and Simmer will be out of the league by then.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton Captain of the WJ Canadian team Frost didnt make the team outright Just sayin

In his draft + 2 season. Again, this would be next year for Frost. There is a giant difference between 18 yr olds and 19 yr olds in juniors. Stop comparing guys in draft + 2 seasons to Frost in his draft + 1 season.

(also a side note, Laughton had 1 point in 7 games. Not exactly a big contributor)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. In 4 of the last 5 games they've looked like a playoff team. Even a top 3 in the division type team. Why can't they replicate this night in and night out?
Well I don"t have an answer lol. I just hope it continues, I just think hockey is and always has been one of those sports when the chemistry clicks any team can become instant contenders,

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be playing like this every game but as we all know we look awesome for a week or two some time three and then revert to our team that plays down to competition.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don"t have an answer lol. I just hope it continues, I just think hockey is and always has been one of those sports when the chemistry clicks any team can become instant contenders,

Damnit Chris I want an answer! :)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his draft + 2 season. Again, this would be next year for Frost. There is a giant difference between 18 yr olds and 19 yr olds in juniors. Stop comparing guys in draft + 2 seasons to Frost in his draft + 1 season.

(also a side note, Laughton had 1 point in 7 games. Not exactly a big contributor)
This may have been the case 10 years ago but now we have 19 year olds playing in the NHL on a regular basis.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not necessarily his linemates, but his healthy linemates, Having a very healthy Roo has been a complete 100% turnaround for that top line, plugging Koneckny in there seems to be working in his favorand is giving him more open ice, hard to carry Laughton, Wiese, etc and excel. Can't wait to see the rest of the dead weight go.
I just dont want to wait for young players to wait 7 years to get good.We will be awesome in 7 to 8 years if this is the case.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont want to wait for young players to wait 7 years to get good.We will be awesome in 7 to 8 years if this is the case.
Well if this koneckny starts playing at this level then I say keep him there and let him build his confidence, He was totally lost trying to play on a line with scrubs, Like I was saying, and have said, There is no such thing as a plan to get a cup, it's just a plan to bolster and strengthen your team, this team has proved it can raise it's level of play.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets just say Frost is at his potential in 5 years (as Hexy stated this week) what does one forward do for us with Gee Jake and Simmer at ages 34 and up?