• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy me all along i thought the object of playing was to win a cup. Wow thats enlightening all these years watching and waiting for a cup when i should've just been satisfied for a strong team.

On that note a question to the Flyer faithful.

If Clarke,Berube,Homer,Hextall,etc..weren't former Flyers.do you think their jobs would have lasted as long as they did,or have?

I guarantee you,if Hitchkok,Lavi,Sutter,Keenan,etc wore the Flyer emblem at one time,they would have been granted more patience.

The Flyers have to get away ,from this damn practice,so we can rip into the GMs flaws with due diligence.
Hakstol should have never been hired,and Snider wouldn't have put up with last years bullshit,as well as this years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only said what is true we are putting together a team to be strong and not to win a cup any time soon.
What I am saying is I don't believe in any 3+ year plan to compete for cups, I believe in competing every year and keeping your bullpen strong. Like I said this team has shown it has the pieces to compete so if they come up short then it's squarely on the players now. I rrally hope this team starts steamrolling in the 2nd half of the season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is I don't believe in any 3+ year plan to compete for cups, I believe in competing every year and keeping your bullpen strong. Like I said this team has shown it has the pieces to compete so if they come up short then it's squarely on the players now. I rrally hope this team starts steamrolling in the 2nd half of the season.

Trust me, Ron Hextall wants to win a Cup in Philly as much as anyone on this planet. He won a Vezina and a Conn Smythe with us in his rookie season and then never won a Cup as a player. That was a game 7 loss to Gretzky's Oilers by the way. Can you say unfinished business?

That said, this is a process and even as optimistic as I am, I would say we have zero shot at a Cup this season. Why? We're too young and inconsistent. That said, I absolutely think we can come together, make the playoffs and even win a round or two. Then, we could build on that and potentially be Cup contenders next season.

We're in position now if we just close out the season strong to compete every year and also have a very good farm team. This means we can just keep home growing our own talent and plugging them into the holes year after year. That kind of powerhouse franchise and success just doesn't happen overnight though. It has taken already close to 4 years to get to this point, but the Phantoms are loaded and the Flyers are coming along too.

I think if we were to miss out on the playoffs again this season, it would be a major disappointment to all, but there would be a definite improvement next season. A lot of our young guys will grow, mature, get stronger and better. I expect to make the playoffs however and get everyone some much needed postseason experience.

Other teams in our division are losing and falling. The Isles, Rags, Pens and Devs all included. We are building momentum and getting stronger, we just have to keep it going.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that all of this future talk hinges dramatically on what we do with our extra cap space come this offseason. If we sign or trade for a big piece, then it instantly makes us a competitor.

Our Flyers will have over $16 million in cap space and we only need 4 more players, 2 of which will be a 13th forward and 7th defenseman. One of those is also Robert Hagg, so that leaves space for one very expensive forward. The move will probably happen at some point, but when? Hexy is set to look like an absolute genius when it all goes down though.

We would have the money to pay John Tavares virtually whatever he wants and he would be worth it too. Dropping close to $11 million of Filppula, Read and Umberger for $11 million of Tavares as he just turns 28 would be an enormous score for us.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Clarke,Berube,Homer,Hextall,etc..weren't former Flyers.do you think their jobs would have lasted as long as they did,or have?

I guarantee you,if Hitchkok,Lavi,Sutter,Keenan,etc wore the Flyer emblem at one time,they would have been granted more patience.

The Flyers have to get away ,from this damn practice,so we can rip into the GMs flaws with due diligence.
Hakstol should have never been hired,and Snider wouldn't have put up with last years bullshit,as well as this years.

Probably not, but I wouldn't lump Hexy into that question either. He's really transformed this franchise into a team that is going to be good for a very, very long time one way or another. That's taken a shitload of patience on the part of everyone, but I think we're going to be better every year than the previous for awhile now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Las I think you need a beer buddy.

He literally just stirs the pot purposely to elicit a response for the sole purpose of getting to 5,000 posts. I don't think even he believes half the shit he is typing...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in order to equal the record I predicted before the season, we will have to go 24-9-7 the rest of the way. As unlikely or impossible as this seems, it can be done, but there has to be way more consistency in the play from a night to night basis. We've seen flashes of brilliance for 5 to 10 games at a time, but not yet for long enough to get us into the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im in total agreement with this post.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we start steam rolling the 2nd half as you know i dont have patience to wait for a cup any more its been far too long to go with the wait and see approach.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we start steam rolling the 2nd half as you know i dont have patience to wait for a cup any more its been far too long to go with the wait and see approach.
I don't have patience to keep waiting either, I think we can compete right now and keep plugging holes as Mav has said, this team can play to any teams level(IMO) and may be able to go on a tear, never know when things are going to align themselves so I hope they go for it. Look at teams like the Oilers and the Sens last year, look at them this year, like I said, sometimes it's a case of the right chemistry hitting at the right time. Hope it happens for us.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that all of this future talk hinges dramatically on what we do with our extra cap space come this offseason. If we sign or trade for a big piece, then it instantly makes us a competitor.

Our Flyers will have over $16 million in cap space and we only need 4 more players, 2 of which will be a 13th forward and 7th defenseman. One of those is also Robert Hagg, so that leaves space for one very expensive forward. The move will probably happen at some point, but when? Hexy is set to look like an absolute genius when it all goes down though.

We would have the money to pay John Tavares virtually whatever he wants and he would be worth it too. Dropping close to $11 million of Filppula, Read and Umberger for $11 million of Tavares as he just turns 28 would be an enormous score for us.
The only way for Hexy to be a genius is if we win a cup in the couple of seasons.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have patience to keep waiting either, I think we can compete right now and keep plugging holes as Mav has said, this team can play to any teams level(IMO) and may be able to go on a tear, never know when things are going to align themselves so I hope they go for it. Look at teams like the Oilers and the Sens last year, look at them this year, like I said, sometimes it's a case of the right chemistry hitting at the right time. Hope it happens for us.
After the first 5 games we were all predicting a 100 point season. Make the playoffs and get the young kids experience is step 1.