• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Chiefs

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why I always hated Alex smith. Can't ask him to go down the field in the air. Especially to win the game

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox baby!!!

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEEEEEEEEEEEEFENSE!!! :D

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense needs to do some shit I'm getting tired of our defense bailing their sorry asses out

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to rely on trick plays, teams shooting theirselves in the foot to get something going smh

Why complain about how we get a key first down? SMH. We dominated time of possession and outgained them by almost 100 yards.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and we also scored more points than them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. We are starting to play our football. D wasn't great today but offense wasn't good and D came up when we needed them. Love this win.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense needs to do some shit I'm getting tired of our defense bailing their sorry asses out

Eh, this is how we've been for a while. Football is played on BOTH sides of the ball. Our Defense did put the stamp on the game, but they are better so it makes sense that they did. I've just gotten used to it. Our O is only as good as they will ever be. We won't blow teams out. I liked this win.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. We are starting to play our football. D wasn't great today but offense wasn't good and D came up when we needed them. Love this win.

After that first horrible drive in the 2nd half (wtf was that) the D played amazingly actually. That second half was a nice game for them. Can't really ask for less than 17 point with no pass rush and our cbs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that first horrible drive in the 2nd half (wtf was that) the D played amazingly actually. That second half was a nice game for them. Can't really ask for less than 17 point with no pass rush and our cbs.

D played an ok 1st half and a good 2nd half. Weakness on D is defending the TE.

Overall I am happy with the offense and the D. Offense only let up what 2 punts. we scored on almost every drive. Good game by the O. Yes I would like TDs but points are points. Dawson great job.

1 negative: Our FGs almost get blocked every time. They need to work on that and our punt returns just sucks.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FGs only work if our D holds up...which they did. I love scoring but against some other teams we will need TDs. It's almost like as soon as we sniff the RZ we become a different offense. Which is probably the most annoying thing for a fan. We drive, we drive, we drive, and then once the 20 is close, we just clench up. Play calling or execution idk, but it's tough.

Our O did great today not losing the game for us. I think that will be their role going forward. Especially when we get our best players back on D.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FGs only work if our D holds up...which they did. I love scoring but against some other teams we will need TDs. It's almost like as soon as we sniff the RZ we become a different offense. Which is probably the most annoying thing for a fan. We drive, we drive, we drive, and then once the 20 is close, we just clench up. Play calling or execution idk, but it's tough.

Our O did great today not losing the game for us. I think that will be their role going forward. Especially when we get our best players back on D.

I blame Roman, He is so bad. U see some of those play calls. They were really bad.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers find a way to win..22-17 over Alex and the Chiefs

In sports you hear about the Grind and the Grind can beat you down to the ground but somehow someway teams that win find a way. Today the 49ers found a way to win and it came against the former 49ers QB Alex Smith and the Chiefs at Levi's Stadium 22-17.

A hard fought battle between both teams that was decided by a few key plays that made the difference. The Chiefs rolled out to a 7-0 lead early on and the 49ers kept chipping away at that lead all game and never gave in. The 49ers scored three straight FG's by Dawson who has to be considered one of the players of the game as he nailed five FG's on the day including 52 and 55 yard blasts. His long kickoffs also kept the Chiefs back in their end to start most drives.The 49ers had the lead at half as Kaepernick hit the kid Stevie Johnson for a 9 yard TD pass who has found a new home in his old home. Johnson is a local kid from the area and he looks like a kid in the candy store these days enjoying the Cali sun once again.

The Chiefs took a early 3rd quarter lead on a drive by Alex Smith to go up 17-13 and that is where the Grind for the 49ers really kicked in. The key play in the game was a fake punt back in their own end that was brilliantly planned and worked to a tee. It seemed like that play really propelled them to grind out this win. Their confidence as a team grew as Gore and Hyde really controlled the game on the ground. Frank Gore from the U did it again as he took the team on his back like warriors do and grinded out 107 yards in 18 carries. Hyde was also effective adding 43 yards on 10 carries. Kap and Lloyd hooked up on one of the fantastic pass plays that will be highlight material all year. Lloyd went up in the air like Baryshnikov in a football ballet for the masses. Pure art in mid air and who said football is for just tough guys. Somewhere Lynn Swann was smiling at that catch.

The 49ers protected their lead with their fabulous defense and they shut down a Chiefs offense after that opening drive in the 3rd quarter. Willis led the way with 8 total tackles and Cox had the big INT to end the game. This defense plays with tons of pride and will only get better when Bowman returns.

The 49ers had heart and lots of smarts and that's what it takes to beat the grind and win a ballgame under the Bay Area sun.

Go 49ers !! :boxing:

:suds::clap::dingdingding::grouphug::rockon:

on youtube..

District 78 (Freestyle OST) - Hustle n Grind

Posted by emostyle

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy overall with this win. Offense scored on almost every drive and the D played better during the game. Started off slow but picked up. Got to beat the Rams and we will be at 4-2.

Oh yeah screw you media. Everything is all good in Niner land and in the locker room. Stop making stuff up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

we ALL love this win. :-)

didn't think we'd still win like 2011.....defense and by field goals.......but we'll take this win. l

ooking at the rest of the season, this formula isn't going to hold up. the offense has to execute better, and execute more consistently. "play calling" is such an easy target for fans. it is more execution - not just Kaep - than play calling.

btw - if Kaep is changing the plays based on what he reads, is it bad play calling?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn just saw a stat. KC had 9 yards in the 4th Q. Now that is shutting down a D when it matters. WOW.

Offense did their part. Scoring on almost drive. D did their part. Good win. Now on to the Rams.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn just saw a stat. KC had 9 yards in the 4th Q. Now that is shutting down a D when it matters. WOW.

Offense did their part. Scoring on almost drive. D did their part. Good win. Now on to the Rams.

Yes, great job by the D, but it was also a great job by the offense of keeping the football out of KC's hands. We held the ball for over 11 minutes in the 4th quarter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, great job by the D, but it was also a great job by the offense of keeping the football out of KC's hands. We held the ball for over 11 minutes in the 4th quarter.

good point, although the offense didn't score more TD's, they at least executed ball control.