• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers fire defense line coach

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"With the addition of defensive line coach Kris Kocurek, formerly of the Detroit Lions, the 49ers would have to be viewed as a favorite to land edge rusher Ziggy Ansah."

Please, no!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"With the addition of defensive line coach Kris Kocurek, formerly of the Detroit Lions, the 49ers would have to be viewed as a favorite to land edge rusher Ziggy Ansah."

Please, no!

It might not be Ansah, but we'll add a FA pass rusher and IMO similar to this level. The very top FA pass rushers will be fanchised by their teams, and be unavailable. We'll sign someone like Ansah on a prove it deal, then draft a pass rusher.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
.. hired?
Jets interested in Adam Stenavich for OL job
Posted by Charean Williams on January 18, 2019, 2:02 PM EST
gettyimages-120618067-e1521299331407.jpg

Getty Images

The Packers apparently aren’t the only team interested in Adam Stenavich for an offensive line coaching position. The Jets also have Stenavich on their list of candidates, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

The 49ers granted the Packers permission to talk to Stenavich, who currently is the assistant offensive line coach in San Francisco.

Stenavich joined Kyle Shanahan’s staff two years ago. That was his first pro coaching stop after two seasons at San Jose State, one at Northern Arizona and two years as a graduate assistant at Michigan, his alma mater.

Stenavich spent time with four NFL teams as a player but never appeared in a regular-season game. He spent time with the Panthers, Packers, Cowboys and Texans over parts of five seasons along with a stop in NFL Europe with the Amsterdam Admirals.

Share this:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not be Ansah, but we'll add a FA pass rusher and IMO similar to this level. The very top FA pass rushers will be fanchised by their teams, and be unavailable. We'll sign someone like Ansah on a prove it deal, then draft a pass rusher.
I wouldn't mind them drafting Williams from Alabama

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't mind them drafting Williams from Alabama

i wouldn't mind either, but we all know about getting a pass rusher. I'm for adding a pass rusher from the Edge, not inside.

That said, i guess its possible he'll be the clear best value for US? If so, ok with me. We do have to draft the maximum value looking beyond this coming season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't mind either, but we all know about getting a pass rusher. I'm for adding a pass rusher from the Edge, not inside.

That said, i guess its possible he'll be the clear best value for US? If so, ok with me. We do have to draft the maximum value looking beyond this coming season.
I'm not sure why everyone is so big on that. I prefer the collapse the pocket type rushers like the Rams have. Look what Dallas did to Drew Brees by rushing up the middle. Williams would fit in nicely beside Buckner