• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49er transactions (Alex Smith Full Contract Details in First Post)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a lot of Manningham this year and want no part of him whatsoever. I don't even want him to sign with the Chiefs or Cardinals because their uniforms are too close to the Niners colors.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I'm posting about signings...absolutely one of my least favorite times of the year. Mock drafts are the only thing I rank lower. I get it that folks are really into pretending to be a GM.....just isn't my thing. Now, I'll be a little hypocritical for this single post as I have some Niner questions....

Am I reading it right that Cartwright is the first player we've added that actually played in 2011? Moss=No, Cox=No, am I missing someone? We took a peak at Davis and I don't think he played last year either. Even the Carolina OL was out most of last year. Interesting.

I think there's another CB I have seen mentioned as well....don't we have a guy named Helms or Nelms on the roster?

The one guy I really find intriguing is Tolbert. I really think a Gore, Tolbert, Hunter rotation would be nasty.

I also agree I'd like to see one more "established" WR on the team before the draft. I'd hate giving up two firsts but I'm warming to Wallace for whatever reason....

I'll crawl back in my hole now realizing I'll probably get yelled at for treading on this thread. :)

Later fellas.

Wallace would cost 1 first round pick.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a lot of Manningham this year and want no part of him whatsoever. I don't even want him to sign with the Chiefs or Cardinals because their uniforms are too close to the Niners colors.

I sense some uncertainity. ;)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh. That was supposed to go in the other thread. I don't know how that happened. Sorry.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners can land Tolbert that would be huge for the running game and great insurance for Gore. I would like another WR like Lloyd or Manningham but wouldn't be upset if they waited until the draft to add another WR or two.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for the Niners to show no interest (or no reports of interest) in Nicks or Grubbs means they think very highly of Kilgore.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for the Niners to show no interest (or no reports of interest) in Nicks or Grubbs means they think very highly of Kilgore.

I think they have some kind of "Moneyball" formula they are using to assign values to players and then stick to it regardless of what happens in the market. That's my hunch.

And BTW, thanks Ray on the Wallace clarification.....

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's a reason Manningham and Lloyd are still left on the WR scrap heap.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have some kind of "Moneyball" formula they are using to assign values to players and then stick to it regardless of what happens in the market. That's my hunch.

And BTW, thanks Ray on the Wallace clarification.....

your probably right but to me it makes less sense in a sport with a hard salary cap that you can't go over. I am all for not over paying guys but randy moss isn't enough of an upgrade unless they take a WR early in the draft which may be the plan.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
your probably right but to me it makes less sense in a sport with a hard salary cap that you can't go over. I am all for not over paying guys but randy moss isn't enough of an upgrade unless they take a WR early in the draft which may be the plan.

I want them to draft 2 WRs. One early, one late.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed it's apples and oranges......I was wavering on using the baseball vernacular. I guess I should have just said they have some kind of formula. I'm assuming they've taken the baseball concept and modified it in some way for the NFL.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason Manningham and Lloyd are still left on the WR scrap heap.

Manningham has put up better numbers than Crabtree as a third option for his team. If we did sign him he is an immediate upgrade. I didn't watch a ton of Giants games but I did see him scoring TDs against the Niners and making big catches. If Mike Wallace signed for a reasonable deal I would much rather go that route, but Manningham upgrades the receivers instantly.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham has put up better numbers than Crabtree as a third option for his team. If we did sign him he is an immediate upgrade. I didn't watch a ton of Giants games but I did see him scoring TDs against the Niners and making big catches. If Mike Wallace signed for a reasonable deal I would much rather go that route, but Manningham upgrades the receivers instantly.

I agree that Mike Wallace would be better but you can't sign him to a reasonable deal because Pittsburgh would just match the offer.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it's apples and oranges......I was wavering on using the baseball vernacular. I guess I should have just said they have some kind of formula. I'm assuming they've taken the baseball concept and modified it in some way for the NFL.

I got what you were saying I was simply pointing out the differences as to why a baseball team would need to use that formula compared to the NFL. I'm sure the Niners have a rating scale or something that says no more than x for a wr unless he's a future hall of famer in his prime kind of player and so on.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As imac pointed out a team can just put in a poison pill clause that would prevent Pittsburgh from matching (which is stupid; the NFL should do away with poison pills).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
WHEN ARE THE NINERS GOING TO SIGN TYLER BRAYTON FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP!!!???!!!

I've been calling for this for 2 years. He'd be perfect. And he only signed for like 800K last year.