• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

46n2's Conference Projections (5/18/2012)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a Texas fan so I totally expect you to defend them, but if the Big 12 hadn't lost any of its teams, the equal sharing of tier 1/2 rights may have never happened and they continue to have their own Tier 3 rights. This is great for Texas and great for a university like Notre Dame. I haven't kept up with the Big 12's goings on but I'm pretty sure that Nebraska and company left for a reason, mainly because of Texas constantly throwing its weight around.

Did they distribute Tier 1/2 rights equally before the shit hit the fan? no -- don't think so. Maybe the only reason they do now is that it became very apparent, after Nebraska and Colorado left, that the Big12 wouldn't survive in a non-equal model. Still, it was a day late and a dollar short for Missouri aTm (and I think because aTm is tired of being the ugly sister, so to speak).

The Big12 has smartened up and it seems to have put itself in a much better position. It could be a great landing spot for the right universities, money-wise like FSU and Clemson, who have no other good options. And it might be a good landing spot, money-wise and power-wise, for Notre Dame who wants to retain as much power (Tier 3) as it can ... but it's not the big 10 or the sec

... and Texas football is evil and greedy .. they just had to re-posture to save the Big 12, therefore keeping its riches and power, albeit a little weakened ... and they're even starting to look a little like one of the "good" guys.

I'm not hatin. I have no problem with Texas -- they're smart to use the power they have to put their university in the best possible situation .. but it is what it is -- so you should quit denying it

:burt:....... what weight they had one vote(just like nebraska/tamu/ou)...all of those schools wanted unequal splits especially nebraska since they were king of the world when the big 12 was formed....both schools made concessions and the certain schools cry when the choices they made put them in a bad position(i.e not wanting to start a big 12 network like texas brought up)

texas has vision and good leadership.....good day sir......I SAID GOOD DAY :D

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all; I am enjoying all the reading herein and would like to add some different perspective to all this...

With all the speculation going on...

I wish the Big 12 conference well but I can't help but feel that all these moves and talks of moves by teams are precarious at best.

Look; if you were to ask each member of the Big Ten where they would like to be next year.... or in the near future.... I suspect to a team, each would say "right where they are, in the Big Ten".

Probably the same would be true for the Pac 12 and the SEC teams... Maybe Missouri would rather be in the Big Ten… but I am sure they feel more stable now in the SEC than they felt in the Big 12.

Taking it one step further, if you asked the teams who are presently in the Big 12... What would their answer be?

We all know that Texas, OU, Texas Tech and Okla. State would much rather be in the Pac 12 than the Big 12 as they each applied last yr and were denied...

The teams looking to join the Big 12 (Fla St and Clemson) are also teams that would much rather be in the SEC than in the Big 12... but are not invited for multiple reasons...

To me... I believe that the Big 12 (Although looking better than a year ago), is some place for team to land out of convenience rather than desire. Nothing holding any of them together except MONEY and everyone knows that there are always going to be places (Conferences) that will throw out more money for select teams… going forward… and contracts can always be negotiated or reduced.

I just hope that some of these (University heads), use that in which God gave them before making moves purely for $$$ as I once again believe it would not take much for the Big 12 to weaken once again, thus... can you imagine what the landscape would look like then?

Regardless.... I am thankful for the Big Ten (Jim Delany), and that the Huskers are in a Conference that values stability, vision and brotherhood before Money... although the money doesn’t hurt as the icing on the cake!

...............................:think:...............
thats pretty funny coming from the school that fought so hard to keep the big 12 as close to 1980's big 8 as possible :D

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong about ND to the Big 10..........but I will say this, if they stick to their selfish guns as they've done for years, the most selfish choice they could make would be to join the Big 10. They would be complete idiots not to.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Notre Dame goes to the Big 12 I will shit bricks.

Don't know why they would pass up a move to the BIG, especially since geographically it makes way more sense.............and $$$$ speaking it makes way more sense. Plus they have obvious ties to the BIG.

i think you and others are really down playing how much disdain ND has for the B1G

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you and others are really down playing how much disdain ND has for the B1G

Have they ever expressed this disdain?

All I've ever seen them do is turn down the Big 10 when they come calling....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame has never wanted to join the Big 10 simply because they wanted to stay independent. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was the Big 10. Notre Dame has just always been spoiled little brats........but now they will not have a choice.

If you're going to be forced to join a conference, what sense would it make to join a conference which you have no rivalries?..........to turn down one which you have your biggest rivalries?.............to force yourself to travel well outside your boundaries to play in conference opponents when you could play right in your own backyard?...............to take a cut in money?

It makes no sense. It would have made more sense for Nebraska to turn down the Big 10 than it would for Notre Dame to turn down the Big 10 at this point in time.

well from the nd fan on the texas board nd fans dont consider b1g schools rivals....usc/navy

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has met up with Michigan 39 times.
ND has met up with Michigan State 79 times.
ND has met up with Purdue 81 times.

Those are absolutely rivalries.

Not to mention, matching up against Nebraska, Ohio State, and Penn State would create immediate interest.

I just don't see it in the Big 12.........maybe if FSU joins.........but otherwise it's just not as sexy.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it depends on how you define the term "rivalry" I guess.......

I could just see way more sellout matchups for ND in the Big 10 than any other conference.........and in fact it wouldn't even really be close with any other conference. All 6 of those matchups I listed above would be sellouts consistently.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now i have no idea how much this guy knows at all....but the guy that runs tigerdroppings.com posted......."i was told today that fsu,clemson,nd and gt would join the big 12...and nc state,vt would join the sec...remaining schools stay and merge with big east"

i have no idea once again if this is accurate in anyway

probably trying to get some hits on his board???? but i wouldnt mind if it was true......i would rather grab vt and someone else to go to 16

Last edited by a moderator:

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make me not happy. I want VT in the B1G.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
----Hi guys, nothing much new to update really. Other than I was told by a decent source that VT, FSU and Clemson have reached out to the SEC to guage their interest. The same source told me the SEC is not looking to expand at least until they see how or if anything transpires.

There is a lot of rumor out there that is outrunning reality. The Big 12 HAS unofficially offered Notre Dame and FSU. They are the ONLY ones that have received any kind of offer.

Clemson, GT, VT have had discussions with the Big 12 but no offers have been extended to them. Clemson has had more discussion than the others but the internet rumor is just that, a rumor.

Now if Notre Dame turns down the Big 12 then Clemson probably would receive an offer. I'm told Notre Dame has not indicated anything as of last night.

The Big 12 has not indicated a willingness to go to more than 12 teams. However discussions are ongoing and I'm sure if they could land ND, FSU, Clemson and GT or VT they would go to 14. But as I stated yesterday, nothing official should happen before the new Commish takes office June 15.

When you see teams notify the ACC they will be seeking other conference affiliation, then you will know it's going down. Until then this is where we are at. I will be spending several hours with a super source Wednesday and if I hear any new nuggets I will share them.-----

hey 46 is this you^^^guy i copied it from said it came from a highly respected vt 247 board poster with connects :) (if you even post over there)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so just checked twitter......and from what i gathered---

fsu,clemson will announce they are exploring there conference options to the acc

nd is joining the big 12 partially until 2015 allowing the nbc deal to run out and then will be a full conference member

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea when FSU and Clemson will anounce this?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
----Hi guys, nothing much new to update really. Other than I was told by a decent source that VT, FSU and Clemson have reached out to the SEC to guage their interest. The same source told me the SEC is not looking to expand at least until they see how or if anything transpires.

There is a lot of rumor out there that is outrunning reality. The Big 12 HAS unofficially offered Notre Dame and FSU. They are the ONLY ones that have received any kind of offer.

Clemson, GT, VT have had discussions with the Big 12 but no offers have been extended to them. Clemson has had more discussion than the others but the internet rumor is just that, a rumor.

Now if Notre Dame turns down the Big 12 then Clemson probably would receive an offer. I'm told Notre Dame has not indicated anything as of last night.

The Big 12 has not indicated a willingness to go to more than 12 teams. However discussions are ongoing and I'm sure if they could land ND, FSU, Clemson and GT or VT they would go to 14. But as I stated yesterday, nothing official should happen before the new Commish takes office June 15.

When you see teams notify the ACC they will be seeking other conference affiliation, then you will know it's going down. Until then this is where we are at. I will be spending several hours with a super source Wednesday and if I hear any new nuggets I will share them.-----

hey 46 is this you^^^guy i copied it from said it came from a highly respected vt 247 board poster with connects :) (if you even post over there)

Not my guy. That is an exact copy of a premium article over there though. :L

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the B1G been exploring options as well? Been hearing Big 12 and $EC making and receiving calls but not much on the B1G front.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the B1G been exploring options as well? Been hearing Big 12 and $EC making and receiving calls but not much on the B1G front.

Yes. They have actually been looking at a 16 team model since about 2009 and funded exploratory reports on about 15 schools.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope they give VT a call.