• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#4 St. Louis vs. #5 Los Angeles playoff thread

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happiness
I think that this is the best series this year.
5 games
2 over times
all 5 one goal games
not a lot of penalties or dives (yes there have been a couple)
lots of hits and pretty and ugly goals
but if it only lasts one more game I am good

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happiness
I think that this is the best series this year.
5 games
2 over times
all 5 one goal games
not a lot of penalties or dives (yes there have been a couple)
lots of hits and pretty and ugly goals
but if it only lasts one more game I am good
Nah, its the Blues. It going 7 games and they'll find a way to lose in 2OT or 3OT to an errant slapshot

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buh, I was SO CLOSE to picking Voynov.

cute?
31264.jpg

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot has always been and continues to be an average/bad goalie...

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missed the game tonight.

goes back to LA with momentum. awesome. stoked. happy.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blues Groupies are pretty hot!!

ku-medium.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Missouri is the 'Show Me' state, but you didn't need to show me that Jim...

:D

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
Kelly has really let herself go after marrying Dave Backes

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Missouri is the 'Show Me' state, but you didn't need to show me that Jim...

:D
Sorry Dash, didn't mean for it to be a distraction from your MOD duties. Just something for you to look at till you gotta punch the time card.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dash, didn't mean for it to be a distraction from your MOD duties. Just something for you to look at till you gotta punch the time card.

lol - It's all good Jim, it's all good.

/That was a tough loss for St. Loo last night, gotta think the Kings wrap this up at home in game 6.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blues Groupies are pretty hot!!

ku-medium.jpg

Oh God. I saw her last night at the game. And someone just had to take a picture, didn't they. Thanks for making my retinas hurt all over again! :gaah:

I am new here, and right now I'm exhausted, slightly hungover, and feeling disappointed but not defeated after a night at Scottrade Center. It also looks like I'm just slightly outnumbered here as well, so I'll try to stay on point...

I was pretty excited by the 2-0 start the Blues got, but as a lifelong fan, I'm all too accustomed to seeing them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the playoffs. And right now, it doesn't seem like there's much to be happy about as a Blues fan. But it's great to see a close series like this with the defending Stanley Cup Champions- and it's just what I expected.

However, to put it as simply as possible, the Blues are still outmatched by the Kings. I think they've kept this series tight and they've played well as a team overall. Sometimes they've even outplayed the Kings. But there's still a lack of depth, and most notably, the Blues still need a proven sniper or playmaker to rise to the next level in my opinion. It's a lot easier to teach a scorer how to muck than it is to teach a mucker how to score. We have enough of the former, and for the majority of players, the work ethic is there. But I knew the Blues weren't going to shut down Carter, Kopitar, etc. forever. And they could really use some players like them in the long run.

I think the Blues still have a shot at this series even though the Kings clearly have the momentum as the series heads back to Los Angeles. The Blues have managed to keep it close so far...can they stop forcing the offense and turning over the puck long enough to beat the Kings and force Game 7 back here in St. Louis? I am not confident, because as I said, I think the Blues are simply not enough for the Kings, but I'm not giving up either! :hope:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board Arch City, in my opinion, this Blues-Kings series has been the most entertaining of the opening round, both teams are very evenly matched. I think the Kings experience from last year's Cup run is starting to show through, though.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings PP goal to start the 2nd period........why exactly were they on the PP to begin with? oh yea, Jackman got 2' for 'Missing a Check in the Corner' there wasnt even any body-2-body contact on that call.

Kings have been excellent at getting Blues defense out of position, and have taken advantage of their chances WAY better than Blues. But refs have definitely leaned toward LA since game 2. Tough to overcome a good hockey team AND the officials. Good news LA fans, VAN sucks, so you wont have to see Blackhawks in rd 2! (that is, barring a miraculous StL 2 game winning streak)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I wish I took a picture of the hot asian chick I saw on my way in that was decked out in Blues gear to go with your photo of the bearded lady.

It would be been quite the contrast!

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings PP goal to start the 2nd period........why exactly were they on the PP to begin with? oh yea, Jackman got 2' for 'Missing a Check in the Corner' there wasnt even any body-2-body contact on that call.

Kings have been excellent at getting Blues defense out of position, and have taken advantage of their chances WAY better than Blues. But refs have definitely leaned toward LA since game 2. Tough to overcome a good hockey team AND the officials. Good news LA fans, VAN sucks, so you wont have to see Blackhawks in rd 2! (that is, barring a miraculous StL 2 game winning streak)

I hate to be that guy that bitches about officiating because we all know that it cuts both ways. But I also think it's been quite lopsided in LA's favor through most of the series. The call on Jackman that led to the PPG early in the second period was ridiculous as his only contact that I saw was with the glass and boards. The first period call on Shattenkirk was no better, and I seem to recall more than a couple of non-calls against the Kings. I realize the Blues have their hands full with the defending champions, but it is awfully tough to overcome the officiating AND a better team as you said.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont hate being the guy who bitches about the refs. The refs suck both ways.
As far as being down on your team Stop it. Before the Kings added Carter they were right where the Blues are now.
That being said this series is not over. While I hope and believe the Kings can win, I see that the Blues have outplayed the Kings for over half the series. If the Blues win game 6 it might give them the swagger to go far