• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 Iowa @ Nebraska

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All of you RUN DER BALL morans are beyond ridiculous.

We had a 77/23 run pass ratio in the 1Q and our offense was awful. With no RBs and going against 9 in the box, we have to sling it a little.. and tommy cant even do that. But hey, RUN DER BALL

Some play action passes can be useful when a team is stacking the box, but what is truly moronic is throwing 50 passes in a game with a QB who can't hit the side of a barn. Iowa threw 16 passes and won the game! Now that's the way to win, and Osborne did it that way and won a lot more than Riley ever could with his west coast SHIT.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better than you calling people morons when they know it's so fucking dumb to pass 50 times in a game.

:D appreciate ya zorb. Just fun pushing buttons sometimes

Enjoy the ride for at least one more year, and lets wait and see if we have any staff shake up

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:D appreciate ya zorb. Just fun pushing buttons sometimes

Enjoy the ride for at least one more year, and lets wait and see if we have any staff shake up

I can't enjoy this shit, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, because I still hope Nebraska gets a bowl bid. As far as seeing a staff shakeup, I'll be very surprised if that happens.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a hard time throwing in the towel when our best QB by 10 miles is Tommy Twopicks.

You cant win much with that guy

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck that game got me good and hammer pants.
I've seen that game for 8 years now, it's beyond insane and volcano type frustration.
Iowa averaged 11 plays per qt for the game and it was in the bag by early in the 3rd, that's got to be some kind of ncaa record

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I criticized Riley before, I will sit back, see what his recruits do, then unload final judgment. I hope that POB kid is the real deal and shows up Tommie Tenpicks. Face it, Tommie is exactly like Jamal Lord in respect to the fact that he was recruited to run a different offensive scheme. I hope to God a talented & competent Pro Pass QB will produce more TD's than INT's. Tommie gifts the opponents more than his own team.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a staff shake up it'll be the guy that has little loyalty with MR and one we can't afford to lose, coach Williams, he has to feel pretty good about teaching receivers to catch imaginary footballs

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa threw 16 passes and won the game!
i'm sorry but Iowa won because of the mistakes nebraska made. i wouldn't say they won simply because they only threw the ball 16 times.

i'm working on some gifs of the game just to show the dumb things Nebraska did that caused the game to be lost. it's really what i hate the most is when you beat yourselves. if Iowa was truly the better team i wouldn't mind losing the game but we simply handed this to them. mistakes were made by both players and coaches, but i don't blame MR and staff for nearly as much as a lot of you folks do.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the first 2 plays to point out. the great Iowa offense that you want to imitate that doesn't pass had a grand total of 153 rushing yards. 2 plays generated 29 and 68 of those yards.

both were poorly played by our young defense:

in this one Mcmullen gets blown up by their TE, which shouldn't happen to a guy that has been used as a DT part of this year. Iowa also says your DT won't get down the line quick enough to make the play by leaving him unblocked. Young doesn't get outside fast enough and gets caught up in the mass of Iowa bodies. i'm not sure who is to make the play on this but if McMullen holds the edge this isn't a TD.
rf4rY21.gif
I believe this one is on Young. he takes on the lead blocker but has to keep his outside arm free and force the cut inside where he has Banderas and Newby coming. I'm not sure on Williams, he comes flying up and runs into the ref, again it looks like he's expecting Young to turn that inside and so has the wrong angle. if he had waited half a second longer to come flying up maybe he would have taken the right angle.
KA7E9zt.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and it takes way longer to make gifs and get them on the internet than i thought. so i'm going to post some more later today on TA's INTs over in the "It starts at QB" thread.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and it takes way longer to make gifs and get them on the internet than i thought. so i'm going to post some more later today on TA's INTs over in the "It starts at QB" thread.
Thanks for pulling those out. Not to pile on a young kid (who I actually really like, and think he will be pretty darn good with some experience), but watch #24 who was in for Gerry on both of those plays. He comes upfield way too far and gets caught in traffic. On the second one he actually gets picked off by the ref. That is inexperience showing right there.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to those of you complaining about the short kickoffs, King is probably the best return guy we've faced all year. They avoided kicking straight to him as much as possible.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kickoffs - that one is tough, i didn't understand why when we had the wind Brown wasn't putting them through the endzone. i understood against the wind, but not with it.

also, i think i've been holding my tongue a little on it and also think we could do without Reed on the payroll, but is it possible they have been so busy with O and D install that ST has taken a back seat? They only get so much time, so maybe Reed isn't getting enough time and that unit will improve. i mean last year i thought Bo finally dedicated some time to it and made ST better.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh also, anyone notice what Ferentz chose to do at the beginning of the 3rd Q? he took the wind. not saying he's a great coach and great decision maker, but coaches take the wind at the start of the 3rd, i'm pretty sure a high percentage of the time.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kickoffs - that one is tough, i didn't understand why when we had the wind Brown wasn't putting them through the endzone. i understood against the wind, but not with it.

also, i think i've been holding my tongue a little on it and also think we could do without Reed on the payroll, but is it possible they have been so busy with O and D install that ST has taken a back seat? They only get so much time, so maybe Reed isn't getting enough time and that unit will improve. i mean last year i thought Bo finally dedicated some time to it and made ST better.
I don't think we kicked off with the wind too many times. That was the endzone I was sitting in, and I feel like they were almost always kicking into the wind. I could be entirely wrong there.

As far as special teams in general goes, our depth plays a MAJOR factor in that. Our backups have been starting for much of the year on defense, and normally those guys play special teams. A lot of them still did, but I am sure they did not get nearly the prep time on special teams as would have been liked, because they have been focusing on their normal positions. I think an emphasis on special teams by having a full-time ST coach is a great idea, and agree that we need to start seeing progress in that area. One of the rivals guys at one point (I believe after Purdue) posted the stats and our special teams in general was not that much worse than last year. Considering our personnel, that doesn't seem like a reason to be throwing the towel in on the position.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That did have a major effect on our game but might as well get used to it. B!G officials suck!