• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Toronto Raptors vs 6) Milwaukee Bucks

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to the beginning of the thread, I have the Bucks in 6, so not everyone picked the Raptors - I recognized the Raptors as a team that took a step back this year. Giannis would likely have to guard Lebron, there are other players that could go about guarding him. The other side of the equation is, who from Cleveland is guarding Giannis for an entire series? Lebron. And I'm not worried about the Bucks defense making it competitive with Cleveland, their defense is pretty sound and a major step up from the Pacers.
i just think the fact they really dont have the personnel that can make the CAvs pay for Love and Irving's defensive deficiencies- and a lack of bodies to throw at LeBron will hurt them over a series.

The Cavs dont need to shut down Giannis---- if the Bucks went crazy from 3 in a series they could make it interesing- i just dont see where they have enough firepower to keep up offensively.

we shal lsee though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy have you not watched thon maker? He's very good at staying with bits on the perimeter and a very good help defender on the guards he's got a lot of quickness for someone who is 7 foot 1

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy have you not watched thon maker? He's very good at staying with bits on the perimeter and a very good help defender on the guards he's got a lot of quickness for someone who is 7 foot 1
hes 20 and a stick. doesnt have near the foot speed to keep up with Kyrie or the mass to slow down lebron

like i said- 3-4 years from now?

gonna be a different story.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes 20 and a stick. doesnt have near the foot speed to keep up with Kyrie or the mass to slow down lebron

Jose Val having trouble and he's a skilled big that says something.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did DeRozan seriously not make a single shot? That can't be right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto took the Cavs to 6 last year-- without a healthy DeMarre Carroll.

They added PJ Tucker who i think was a very underated acquisition. They got Ibaka who - while is no where NEAR a game changer- has playoff experience, and filled a huge need for rebounding and a big that can shoot a jumper.

I think the Bucks offer some unique challenges- and Giannis is a beast no doubt- but i dont think mentally they are ready to take on a team like the Cavs. They are too young. Entering the playoffs they had zero expectations- everyone picked Toronto to beat them. If they continue to play well the pressure is going to grow on them.

put a young team like that with some pressure on them and have them face LeBron- and it could get ugly. I think Kyrie is a really good matchup vs. the Bucks as well since they dont have a PG that can make the Cavs pay defensively for Irving's weaknesses defensively. They really dont have a big that is ideal for chasing love on the outside- while I think Ibaka could do a decent job doing that

Giannis would have to cover LeBron a LOT which would take a lot of effort and prob take away from him on the offensive end. The Raptors have Carroll, Tucker, Patterson, who they can all throw at LeBron. After Giannis- who do the Bucks throw at Lebron? rookie Brogdon? who covers Kyrie? delly?

It would be a tough matchup for the Bucks, I just don't know who guard Giannis. Lebron could but I am sure the Cavs would only have him guard him at certain times. Shump is undersized but he is still a great defender. Middleton is a key guy for them bc if they do play the Cavs Lebron would be guarding him MOST of the time. They just don't have much at the PG position. Delly is a good backup and role player but Brogdon cannot guard Kyrie, he would destroy him and since Kyrie isn't a great defender it basically takes away his weakness on the defensive side since Brogdon is not much of a threat.

So they would have Thon Maker on TT and Giannis on Love. I just don't see how that works out, they have great length but they aren't the rebounders that those two guys are. It would be a very fun series to watch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could be a force next year or in two years but lets see how he does with a train coming at him. My bet is he either breaks his twig leg or get bulldozed. Now Kyrie might seriously break his ankles lol

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year was the cRaps last chance to do something, irrelevancy LOOMS

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Val having trouble and he's a skilled big that says something.

Uggh not a huge fan of him. He is big and talented just is soooo inconsistent. Not sure what to think of him but I have been doing draftkings of late and really look at these guys numbers...I think Ibaka is a force especially defensively but Jose Val is just too inconsistent IMO

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Raptors really showed up flat last night, no excuse for that performance whatsoever. Sure the Bucks are talented but the Raptors are supposed to be among the class of the East. Just a bad all around performance last night.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would require him to watch the games.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the Raptors put up a better effort tonight, if not I think the Bucks can stamp their ticket to Round 2.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I have not kept up very well with the Playoffs other than the Hawks' series. What's going on with Toronto?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice missed dunk there.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka making some defensive plays early.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for Milwaukee is rooting for Murica. Fuck off Canada!:D

GO BUCKS...U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!!!

:usa2: