• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 2) Boston Celtics

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, you keep arguing it.

Arguing what? Have I said anything about who should or shouldn't win? Logic and I were talking about Simmons' rookie mistakes and then Montalban chimed in that Simmons isn't a rookie. That is just ridiculous in that context.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough to be them at full strength and that will be the main reason why. Hayward will be 29 next year, and I'm not sure he's any better than Brown and Tatum at this point. Especially coming back from that injury. It would have been one thing for Boston just to take him at #1, but for the Sixers to trade up and take Fultz, giving up what will probably be a top 3 pick, is fucking awful. We'll need to hit on a key FA in one of the next 2 offseasons.

Not even close. People are losing it over Brown and Tatum. Hayward was a 4 VORP his last year in Utah.

Tatum and Brown were less than 3 COMBINED this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is A and it's not really that close. There is a world of difference between collecting an NBA paycheck, studying film with NBA coaches and players, learning the travel, the schedule, working with NBA trainers, learning your teams system, learning your teammates preferences and tendencies and studying opponents and their tendencies.

So the real challenge to playing in the NBA isn't the actual playing, it is learning the procedures of being part of the team? So Simmons was better off learning travel schedules instead of working on his perimeter shot?

Makes me wonder why teams send players off to the G league.

He was able to do all of that without any pressure of having to win any games or having to show up to class. There's virtually nothing for a player at his level to get from staying in college except injured. He also got to spend some time practicing with actual NBA players, not a college team where almost every other member of his team will be doing something other than playing basketball for a living.

And yet all statistical evidence shows that players that stay in college longer almost always enter the NBA more NBA ready. Certainly being more developed is a factor but so is having more playing time under their belt.

Do you have ANY evidence to support your argument? Or is this more of a "I say so" sort of argument?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing what? Have I said anything about who should or shouldn't win? Logic and I were talking about Simmons' rookie mistakes and then Montalban chimed in that Simmons isn't a rookie. That is just ridiculous in that context.

yes. actually you have and you are continually arguing that Simmons year in the NBA didn't do anything for him. In fact, you keep trying to imply that it put him at a disadvantage.

You said Mitchell is whining because he's apparently upset about it.

But you don't care. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. actually you have and you are continually arguing that Simmons year in the NBA didn't do anything for him. In fact, you keep trying to imply that it put him at a disadvantage.

You said Mitchell is whining because he's apparently upset about it.

But you don't care. lol

Actually, no, I would NEVER say something like Simmons year in the league did NOTHING for him. Of course there were some benefits from it. I didn't even say it put him at a disadvantage.

What I said was that the difference between being injured and wearing street clothes for an NBA isn't demonstrably better than actually playing in college. Competitive basketball is ALWAYS good for a player.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck, i have to keep seeing this thread because cats are arguing over ROY? it's hard enough knowing you had the better team and lost, but to be reminded on a daily basis, fuck.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW can Fultz still qualify as ROY next year?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck, i have to keep seeing this thread because cats are arguing over ROY? it's hard enough knowing you had the better team and lost, but to be reminded on a daily basis, fuck.

head up my man, many years ahead in this rivalry, especially if you all get Kawhi or Lebron

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, no, I would NEVER say something like Simmons year in the league did NOTHING for him. Of course there were some benefits from it. I didn't even say it put him at a disadvantage.

Yes you did. You gave options A and B. B was that he'd have been better off playing another year in college and then you said:

If you are seriously arguing that option A was CLEARLY the better choice, then you and I are going to fundamentally disagree.

^^^That is implying that his being in the NBA was a disadvantage.^^^

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did. You gave options A and B. B was that he'd have been better off playing another year in college and then you said:

^^^That is implying that his being in the NBA was a disadvantage.^^^

So me disagreeing that your opinion is CLEARLY the right opinion is the same as me saying that my opinion IS the CLEARLY right opinion? That's some interesting logic.