• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Ohio State @ #5 Michigan State

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overtime!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought betting on the chiefs was a horrible loss. This is topping it. Veteran team playing like a bunch of idiots

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On izzo IMO. Run offense and screw playing with the clock

100% correct. what a pathetic performance by a supposed "veteran" team

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of our guys played like little boys. -Izzo

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a shot across my couch's bow...

I've burned a couple of couches over the years. Never could understand the mentality, though, of burning a good couch 'in celebration.' Mine have burned because Sparty fucked up monumentally - not just losing when they should have won, but losing when there was no way in hell they should have lost.

Phew. The couch is fine.
Sparty just broke another Buckeye unbeaten streak.
And OSU/Craft can take their dicks out of Dan fucking Dakich's mouth now.

go green!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, exerted their will.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch. Turned on the game and saw 55-41 MSU with 8 to go, turned off the TV and went to bed. What a comeback. Even if the Buckeyes didn't win, they showed heart and guts on the road.

Basketball isn't football (actually, basketball is a nice time filler until spring football). A loss like this on the road to a top team isn't a killer.

Good game MSU. See you in Columbus.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish that last shot would have gone... wanted to see some more basketball.

The bucks are just so up and down. One minute they play at the highest level in the world and look great.. the next they can't do a single thing right. Just so inconsistent.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU won. Thats all that counts.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State had a chance to win and missed a lay up (that was questionable goal tending)

Great comeback. I like the fight in this team.

I just wish Williams would play mean.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State had a chance to win and missed a lay up (that was questionable goal tending)

Great comeback. I like the fight in this team.

I just wish Williams would play mean.

Nah, it wasn't. Live speed, tough call, but we all saw the replay and it clearly wasn't goal-tending. That being said I was amazed OSU came back the way they did, MSU just stopped playing but if you do that against Aaron Craft he will find a way to make things happen. I hate the guy and his reputation but i respect the hell out of him. That being said I can't believe we switched off of Ross and let him beat us in the sweet 16 last year instead of making Craft shoot a jumper....DOH

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is disappointing this year IMO, which is tough to say for a team with 1 loss BUT the Spartans just look different even as compared to last years team. A better OSU team would have beaten them last night. The game last night just confirmed my suspicions that A. I dont think OSU can score enough to win the B10 or compete for a national title and B. The Spartans are going to lose some games this year they shouldnt lose just because they seem wholly uninterested in playing half the time.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it wasn't. Live speed, tough call, but we all saw the replay and it clearly wasn't goal-tending. That being said I was amazed OSU came back the way they did, MSU just stopped playing but if you do that against Aaron Craft he will find a way to make things happen. I hate the guy and his reputation but i respect the hell out of him. That being said I can't believe we switched off of Ross and let him beat us in the sweet 16 last year instead of making Craft shoot a jumper....DOH

I don't think you can say clearly. It looked like he could have touched it while the ball was still above the rim. Unless I'm confused on the rules but I don't think you can touch a ball right above the rim.

Did you forget that Craft hit the winning shot in the game previous to playing Zona last year?

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can say clearly. It looked like he could have touched it while the ball was still above the rim. Unless I'm confused on the rules but I don't think you can touch a ball right above the rim.

Did you forget that Craft hit the winning shot in the game previous to playing Zona last year?

Not at all. That's almost more of a reason why the chances of him doing it twice in a row were slim/none. But you are an Ohio State fan, don't tell me you would rather have Craft shooting a three to win a game than Ross, no matter what clutch genes he has. I'm not talking about going to the hole, here.

Also the replay showed pretty definitively that the ball was out of the cylinder, at least i think it did

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasnt goaltending. It was close but the ball was all the way out. I was REALLY cheering for OSU because the odds of Iowa beating OSU in Columbus after an emotional win vs Sparty are ALOT better than the odds of the Hawks winning in Columbus after a Buckeye loss... LOL

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spartans Will...

MSU is disappointing this year IMO, which is tough to say for a team with 1 loss BUT the Spartans just look different even as compared to last years team. A better OSU team would have beaten them last night. The game last night just confirmed my suspicions that A. I dont think OSU can score enough to win the B10 or compete for a national title and B. The Spartans are going to lose some games this year they shouldnt lose just because they seem wholly uninterested in playing half the time.

Disappointing?
It's not so disappointing as it is frustrating. Izzo gets 8-9 fully healthy guise for an entire game? No team in the country can touch them.
As it is, I'm thrilled, amazed, astounded and proud as fuck that MSU is where they're at right now.
For 32 minutes last night, against the unbeaten #3 team in the country, they showed themselves to be exactly what most cbb fans figure they are: A likely FF/NC team.
For the next 8 minutes OSU showed themselves worthy of their #3 ranking...incredible comeback...(were it not for two seniors' -Appling & Payne- incredible defensive effort at the buzzer the 'comeback' would have been complete.)

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not 100% sure either, but that shot for sure wasn't going in. I have no problem w/how that went down.

How did Payne not go pro after last year? Is there something we don't know about him? Looks like a first rounder to me...?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing?
It's not so disappointing as it is frustrating. Izzo gets 8-9 fully healthy guise for an entire game? No team in the country can touch them.
As it is, I'm thrilled, amazed, astounded and proud as fuck that MSU is where they're at right now.
For 32 minutes last night, against the unbeaten #3 team in the country, they showed themselves to be exactly what most cbb fans figure they are: A likely FF/NC team.
For the next 8 minutes OSU showed themselves worthy of their #3 ranking...incredible comeback...(were it not for two seniors' -Appling & Payne- incredible defensive effort at the buzzer the 'comeback' would have been complete.)

You guys are that every year!! :lol:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know that I am getting a little bit tired of 'Ol Sparty. :becky:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be Sure...

Seems the only replay they show is the angled camera view from above...another side angle from below clearly shows the ball at least 1-3" off the rim...indisputable no brainer stuff.

I'm not 100% sure either, but that shot for sure wasn't going in. I have no problem w/how that went down.

How did Payne not go pro after last year? Is there something we don't know about him? Looks like a first rounder to me...?

Am assuming you know he's from Dayton; that he grew up overcoming serious self-esteem & "slow learner" labels; that he made a promise to the grandmother who raised him to get his college Degree...all of which translates into a pretty wonderful story. Gary Harris decided to not go pro after last year. Payne & Appling don't want to be Izzo's first two 4-year players never to have played in a Final Four.

btw, the kid's been playing with a nasty case of plantar fasciitis all season...that Degree is nice insurance.

Plantar fasciitis - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health