• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Houston Rockets vs 6) OKC Thunder

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's choking. He is burned out. He used all of his energy in the 3rd.

They need to get him better help. To do this every night especially in the playoffs is exhausting

True. They need more 3 pt shooting imo. Roberson and Oladipo need to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. They need more 3 pt shooting imo. Roberson and Oladipo need to go.

Yeah this is such a joke. I can't even be mad at him. He did everything in his power. I'm sure Horns will come on here shortly and blame Russ for the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say Oladipo was a huge disappointment in this series would be a huge understatement.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abrines should start next year. I like his game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice sportsmanship Westbrook.

It doesn't bother me at all because if you watch Westbrook all season long this is who he is and I can respect that. He's not one of those guys who is shaking hands after wins or losses. When his team win, he does the same thing.

I can't hate on a guy who's not fake. He is as real as they come. He doesn't shake hands with the opponents. That's the way he always went about his business. No issue at all.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many missed opportunities in the 1st half doomed OKC. They aren't good enough to climb out of a deficit and maintain it too long...and they aren't coached well enough to hold a lead, especially on the road.
Donovan is in over his head at this level. Surprising they even made it in as a 6 seed...but that was mainly due to RW's MVP worthy season and carrying them all year long.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys loving these + and - stats with Westbrook and without him obviously don't watch the Rockets. That's the way it's been all year by our opponents. Our starters are average at best outside of Harden. Our bench wins us games. Honestly, 2 of our 3 best players come off the bench. It's weird as shit, but it has worked. We try and keep it close until the other team rest their stars then we pounce.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising they even made it in as a 6 seed...but that was mainly due to RW's MVP worthy season and carrying them all year long.

The Thunder were picked to finish 5th or 6th in the West depending on the tiebreaker of POR/OKC.
The over/under on wins had the Blazers and Thunder expected to win 45.5 games and be the 5/6 seeds.

Futures Betting had this finish:
1. GSW
2. SAS
3. LAC
4. UTH
5.POR / OKC tie
5. OKC / POR tie
7. MEM
8. HOU

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Houston. It was a fun series. Now Presti needs to earn his keep. Roberson, Singular, and Cole all need to go. Probably don't resign Gibson and need to deal Kanter. Abrines and Sabonis time to start getting major minutes. Get a back up point guard and a 3 and D guy.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberson is like the only competent defender on the Thunder.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys loving these + and - stats with Westbrook and without him obviously don't watch the Rockets. That's the way it's been all year by our opponents. Our starters are average at best outside of Harden. Our bench wins us games. Honestly, 2 of our 3 best players come off the bench. It's weird as shit, but it has worked. We try and keep it close until the other team rest their stars then we pounce.

When Dekker comes back, I'll love to see him get more minutes than Ryno.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is such a joke. I can't even be mad at him. He did everything in his power. I'm sure Horns will come on here shortly and blame Russ for the game.

OKC FO is in a tough spot...they rode the horse as long as they could...the result, made the postseason and 1 playoff win.

RW proved what we already knew...he's a great player, but 1 great player is not enough to do anything in the playoffs. The FO has to get some more scoring help for him or they should've just let him go LY and started over.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC FO is in a tough spot...they rode the horse as long as they could...the result, made the postseason and 1 playoff win.

RW proved what we already knew...he's a great player, but 1 great player is not enough to do anything in the playoffs. The FO has to get some more scoring help for him or they should've just let him go LY and started over.

Not sure RW will, wants to, or can ever change his game.
220M extension to repeat this season for the next 5?
I'd pass.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a garbage series, I don't think I have ever been that disappointed in a series.

They need to add a similar fine structure to prevent free throw hunting. They fine players for flopping, but the shit Harden pulls is far worse and makes a game unwatchable.

Damn Shame both teams could not be sent home.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure RW will, wants to, or can ever change his game.
220M extension to repeat this season for the next 5?
I'd pass.

What would you like to see him change his game to?

IMO, RW is a scoring PG in the mold of AI...I'm sure he would not want to post 42 triple dbls, make the playoffs and get bounced in 5 games. Bottom line he needs a better cast around him.

FTR I always said the AI would never win a title, obviously he didn't.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, RW is a scoring PG in the mold of AI...I'm sure he would not want to post 42 triple dbls, make the playoffs and get bounced in 5 games. Bottom line he needs a better cast around him.

I'm not saying that I want or think he should do anything.
I just think he is what he is.
My OPINION though is that players like Durant won't or don't like playing with him which puts the Thunder is a tough position.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strange that when Durant was there and Westbrook had to reel it in Adams was considered one of the up and coming centers. Oladipo is solid, but he requires the ball in his hands and that will never happen on that team. In a few of those 4th quarters when Westbrook got tunnel vision the Rockets would leave McDermott unguarded in the corner. Say what you want about that guy, but he can shoot.

So is it a surrounding cast issue that Westbrook ignores a wide open 40% 3 point shooter to shoot 4 for 18 against double and triple coverage in the 4th?

It is almost a guarantee that every player that is looked down on in that roster will be much better once they move on. Basketball is a game of rhythm, and only one person will be getting into a rhythm while Westbrook tries to prove a point.