• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Houston Rockets vs 6) OKC Thunder

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly sure how someone can say Steph isn't a team guy - or that he's a shoot first PG. Maybe someone who spends more time picking out nick names for him instead of actually watching him play. SMH
Stephanie is a massive faggot

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly sure how someone can say Steph isn't a team guy - or that he's a shoot first PG. Maybe someone who spends more time picking out nick names for him instead of actually watching him play. SMH
In fairness, he is either a shoot first pg or a undersized shooting guard.

For whatever reason, there is a negative connotation attached to the phrase shoot first.

It's not a negative if it's in the best interest of your team to have another player initiate the offense, while you help carry the scoring load.

Draymond, Lebron and the Freak are prime examples.

Steph doesn't hero ball.

Does he take difficult, ridiculous shots?

Sure.

Difficult for most. But, makeable at a decent clip for guys like Steph, Dame and Kyrie.

That shit Westbrook did in the 4th, game before last, is what I consider a negative. But, I also understand why he felt the need.

* See Roberson *

Westbrook,Thomas, Curry, Dame, Kyrie.....all shoot first, which is exactly what their teams need.

If the Clippers want to win another game, Cp3 better adopt this philosophy.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is such a unique player, that you would need to have a rebuild of the team to center around him. Adams I think is the perfect center. Kanter is actually a better fit than most think, but he'll still be a liability with his offense. The problem is Oladipo is a horrible fit next to him, and they just extended him. Roberson should be a situational defender off the bench and not a starter.

Joe Ingles would actually be a really nice fit for them at the 3, but I don't know what OKC's cap situation is. The Thunder need an additional play maker on the court, to act as a secondary for Russ. I think with a clear cut distinction between 1 and 2, Russ might be more willing to give up the ball to allow creation when he draws multiple defenders.

I think people forget that Ego is a part of the game. Russ has as much as anyone. Ultimately if Russ is to be a championship caliber player, it's going to be on him. He's capable, he has all the tools, but you need to 1) put the right players around him and 2) need to be willing to make the RIGHT basketball play at the right times.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is such a unique player, that you would need to have a rebuild of the team to center around him. Adams I think is the perfect center. Kanter is actually a better fit than most think, but he'll still be a liability with his offense. The problem is Oladipo is a horrible fit next to him, and they just extended him. Roberson should be a situational defender off the bench and not a starter.

Joe Ingles would actually be a really nice fit for them at the 3, but I don't know what OKC's cap situation is. The Thunder need an additional play maker on the court, to act as a secondary for Russ. I think with a clear cut distinction between 1 and 2, Russ might be more willing to give up the ball to allow creation when he draws multiple defenders.

I think people forget that Ego is a part of the game. Russ has as much as anyone. Ultimately if Russ is to be a championship caliber player, it's going to be on him. He's capable, he has all the tools, but you need to 1) put the right players around him and 2) need to be willing to make the RIGHT basketball play at the right times.

The stat reported by another poster that OKC is -40 scoring while RW is on the bench in just 4 games gives a very good indication of how much a very good back up PG could help out.
That and good second scorer who can handle the ball a bit and get his own shot might put them over the hump.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC are +3 with Westbrook on the court this series and -40 when he's on the bench

Of course they are better with him on the court.

My contention all along is that the team would be plus 25-30 if he played smarter. He could do even more by trying to do a little less.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are better with him on the court.

My contention all along is that the team would be plus 25-30 if he played smarter. He could do even more by trying to do a little less.

I see your point. But man minus 40 in the limited minutes with Russ on the bench is pretty awful

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance If Russ had the Pacers supporting cast, would this series be different in your opinion?

I'm only asking because I had a debate this morning about which supporting cast is worse. I said OKC and my friend said Indy.

Thoughts?

I think Indy's cast is slightly worse.

OKC's pieces don't fit because they are all defense first players aside from Kanter, but I think they have more talent. I am not a big fan of Teague or Ellis though. Turner will be excellent, but he isn't there yet. He is far too inconsistent now.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Indy's cast is slightly worse.

OKC's pieces don't fit because they are all defense first players aside from Kanter, but I think they have more talent. I am not a big fan of Teague or Ellis though. Turner will be excellent, but he isn't there yet. He is far too inconsistent now.

Teague would be a difference maker working 10 to 15 minutes with RW on the bench.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Westbrook man. He always tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat anything.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dftpnvhqpnvcoouti4h5.gif

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can u be in the pros and be such a crummy FT shooter. The only guy who should get a pass is Shaq because his hands were so big. No excuse for anyone else though

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Thunder to cover the 7.5 points....

Reactions: TJL

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets are 24 minutes away from advancing to the next round.
Thunder players are over complicating things & thinking too much...thus wasting too many trips on their offensive end.
If they plan on forcing a game 6 back in OKC, they better find a way to keep it simple and just play.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is in BEAST MODE.