• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Houston Rockets vs 6) OKC Thunder

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know what the 100 percent truth is? How do we know Kobe didn't go to the Buss' and tell them not to pay Shaq anything he wants because he knew Shaq would take off?

Because everyone involved has said the same thing...that's how I know. Also, no Kobe didn't say anything to Dr. Buss about Shaq's contract. Dr. Buss would never allow it. In fact, when he made the decision to trade Shaq, Dr. Buss called Kobe into his office and told him what he was going to do and said that he'd try to prevent as much as he could, but that the media and a lot of the fans would blame him (Kobe), which is exactly what happened.

Things always go on behind closed doors. The 2004 Final PROVED to me Kobe is the one that wanted Shaq out. It was clear as day. Kobe iced everyone out that series and a result, get their rear ends beaten by a team who had NO BUSINESS even being on the court against them much less beating them. The pistons were inferior in every way

Lol. It proved to you that Shaq and Dr. Buss were lying? Because Dr. Buss has said that Kobe never requested that the Lakers get rid of Shaq and Shaq said he left over money. But hey, go ahead and keep telling us all about how much more you know about what happened than the people who were actually there.

And you didn't cknowledge any other part of my post? Shaq didn't look lazy to me in 2005. He still had plenty of juice in the tank. It was more about Kobe's selfishness and inefficient Ball Chucking which cost the Lakers more titles. NOT Shaq's "regular season" laziness.

I didn't respond because you weren't responding to anything I said. I never said anything about Shaq in the playoffs. I said Shaq was notoriously lazy and wouldn't do anything to stay in shape, work on his game, or take care of injuries in the off-season. He would use training camp and the first few games of the regular season to "play himself into shape." Shaq has admitted to this and said that he should have listened to Kobe re: working out in the off-season.

Kobe was never exactly much of a "leader" himself. He ran a few people out of LA and Im sure he also prevented ALOT of players from considering to go there.

I'll wait for you to find the post where I said Kobe was a good leader.

As for running people out of LA. So? If you were too thin skinned or weren't intense enough to handle playing with Kobe...then the Lakers didn't want you. There are alot of guys walking around today with championship rings because they weren't thin skinned and were intense enough to handle playing with Kobe. As for players not considering going there. Again, so what? Guys who did, have rings that they may not have otherwise.

I mean who wants to Stand around while Kobe goes 8-24 from the field every night with stupid shot selections?

I only quoted this part of the your post to emphasize just how stupid it is. After all, Kobe managed to win 5 rings and be considered among the best of all time by shooting 8 for 24 every night. :L

And Phil himself has gone on record calling Kobe "uncoachable"

Phil himself also attributed it to Kobe's youth at the time. He also came back a year later to coach Kobe for several more years, after saying he was uncoachable and has 2 more rings because of it.

Durant could have returned weeks ago. But he's taking it easy. Cavs rest and come up with fake injuries to take time off. Spurs take vacation days.

Lots of lazy players out there. The bottom line is championships though

How many of those lazy players have as many rings as Kobe?

Oh...and Fuck you for making defend Kobe so much. :finger: I already told you I don't like him.

Last edited: