• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i think it would get stale- i would laugh my ass off at all the consternation people would express if the Cavs Warriors went to 5 straight Finals or something lol.

could you even imagine?

the scary thing is---

i dont think i would bet against it either.

That's because you don't bet on anything

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really geared more towards Wiggy. I mentioned Curry (with the injury he sustained) because (dependent on the grade of the sprain) the time for a player to recover is typically 4-6 weeks. Curry only rested 2 weeks then was thrown out on the court. Wiggy made it seem like he had plenty of time to rest based on when the injury concerned and from when the Finals started.

Well as we both know wiggy lives in an odd & overly homeristic world. He responded to my comment by saying Curry needed 5 weeks to recover from a 2 week injury. Yet the title of the article clearly said he'd be out @ least 2 weeks. Maybe wiggy didn't understand that the 2 weeks mentioned was the minimum it would have taken him to recover.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Maybe he guards TT. I would assume Draymond, Iggy or Durant would likely cover the 4 whether it be Love or Frye.
i was saying when Love plays center and TT isnt on the court----

i agree with you that while Love is playing and playing the 4- i would expect Draymond will usually cover him...maybe Durant.

I would assume that whenever the Showers play McGee the Cavs will counter with Love and punish them for having MCGee on the court- who cant guard Love to save his life because of Love'srange/versatility.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you bothered taking a look at how the Warriors rotate on defense? Just curious.
wait

so- if McGee is guarding Love, and him and Kyrie put McGee in the pick and roll---- someone OTHER than Kyrie's guy is gonna switch from across the court? that doesnt make any sense. Furthermore- it would just leave McGee either on LeBron, or a wing/guard which is just as awful.

if McGee is playing in a lineup where Love is the 5- and TT is not on the court so Bron is the 4- which IS a lineup they use- who does McGee guard if not Love? Kyrie? lol, Korver? JR? this is common sense.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you on acid?

WTF Are you talking about?

IF there is a pick and roll- what? they are gonna switch a guy from across the court? you dont even understand whats going on here. lol

you put Mcgee in the pick and roll- if they SWITCH it- the other guy who is in the PnR with Love switches--- they dont switch a guy on from the other corner you tard.
You're an idiot. You might want to watch a GS game from start to finish before you get on here acting like you know everything.

Switching is NOT limited to pick & roll situations nor is it the only way they defend. The scenario you shared is CLEARLY a mismatch that only an idiot would allow to happen more than a couple of times. GS already knows teams like to get Curry on the mismatch which is why Dray is waiting to help. So now we're back to Dray on Love....and well we know who wins that battle. Dray is great at helping on the weak side and recovering back to his man. He is also particularly good @ defending guards on the perimeter- especially guys that are smaller than him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait

so- if McGee is guarding Love, and him and Kyrie put McGee in the pick and roll---- someone OTHER than Kyrie's guy is gonna switch from across the court? that doesnt make any sense. Furthermore- it would just leave McGee either on LeBron, or a wing/guard which is just as awful.

if McGee is playing in a lineup where Love is the 5- and TT is not on the court so Bron is the 4- which IS a lineup they use- who does McGee guard if not Love? Kyrie? lol, Korver? JR? this is common sense.

If TT is not on the court, I would assume that the Dubs would likely bench him. You also forget that the Warriors have the players available that they can match up the Cavs' small ball line up. So I don't know why McGee is the focus of you diminishing the Warriors.

If this is such a blatant mismatch and the Cavs own the Warriors in a number of position advantages, then surely you'll stop with your faqqotry and actually bet on the Cavs winning it all. Or you can continue being a leaky vagina and use injuries as an excuse to why you can't accept a week long AVI bet. Hell, @bksballer89 was ready to sack up and own naked shark hill billy for a week before forum rules scrapped that shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TT is not on the court, I would assume that the Dubs would likely bench him. @bksballer89 was ready to sack up and own naked shark hill billy for a week before forum rules scrapped that shit.
THANK YOU!!! this is exactly what i was saying. McGee cant play if Love is the Cavs center and Bron is plying the 4. WAAY to slow to guard on the perimeter where Love would pummel him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as we both know wiggy lives in an odd & overly homeristic world. He responded to my comment by saying Curry needed 5 weeks to recover from a 2 week injury. Yet the title of the article clearly said he'd be out @ least 2 weeks. Maybe wiggy didn't understand that the 2 weeks mentioned was the minimum it would have taken him to recover.

We're good, man.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was saying when Love plays center and TT isnt on the court----

i agree with you that while Love is playing and playing the 4- i would expect Draymond will usually cover him...maybe Durant.

I would assume that whenever the Showers play McGee the Cavs will counter with Love and punish them for having MCGee on the court- who cant guard Love to save his life because of Love'srange/versatility.

Ok, wasn't aware of this. I haven't read through all of the forum posts. I'm cutting corners.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TT is not on the court, I would assume that the Dubs would likely bench him. You also forget that the Warriors have the players available that they can match up the Cavs' small ball line up. So I don't know why McGee is the focus of you diminishing the Warriors.

If this is such a blatant mismatch and the Cavs own the Warriors in a number of position advantages, then surely you'll stop with your faqqotry and actually bet on the Cavs winning it all. Or you can continue being a leaky vagina and use injuries as an excuse to why you can't accept a week long AVI bet. Hell, @bksballer89 was ready to sack up and own naked shark hill billy for a week before forum rules scrapped that shit.
This dude is an idiot.

With Dray & KD on the court they won't have to bench JaVale just because TT isn't on the floor. The Dubs have various rotations they can & will use.

Out of the Dubs' centers I think David West would be the best match-up against Love.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is an idiot.

With Dray & KD on the court they won't have to bench JaVale just because TT isn't on the floor. The Dubs have various rotations they can & will use.

It's definitely a series where both teams can throw out interesting match ups, especially when Lebron is the epicenter of it all.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a series where both teams can throw out interesting match ups, especially when Lebron is the epicenter of it all.
The problem for Lue though is if he takes TT off the floor he will see GS's death lineup. That doesn't bode well for Love in terms of who he will have to cover, yet on the other end of the court it gives GS options in terms of defending him (Iggy, KD, Dray or West). Those are great options - remember whoever isn't guarding Love will be guarding LBJ.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any event I can't wait to see how the Dubs react to being able to shut the Cavs & their fans up. And I'm here to tell ya...the Cavs bet not get swept. Oh my Jeeeesus it's gonna be on up in here if they do!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for Lue though is if he takes TT off the floor he will see GS's death lineup. That doesn't bode well for Love in terms of who he will have to cover, yet on the other end of the court it gives GS options in terms of defending him (Iggy, KD, Dray or West). Those are great options - remember whoever isn't guarding Love will be guarding LBJ.

Yeah it's a bit of a catch 22. TT kind of forces the Dubs to be honest in terms of having a big out there, given his rebounding advantages. But as you've said, when it goes to small ball lineups, that allows the Warriors to insert Iggy into the lineup.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any event I can't wait to see how the Dubs react to being able to shut the Cavs & their fans up. And I'm here to tell ya...the Cavs bet not get swept. Oh my Jeeeesus it's gonna be on up in here if they do!

I'm trying to remain as objective as possible. Cavs for the time being have put to rest their horrid play since the all-star break. It won't be a sweep. But if that were to happen, then my god.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that wouldn't happen too much because GS switches defenders often.

What Cleveland did last year -- and I'm sure they will again -- is to have the guy Curry will be guarding (probably JR to start) set the pick for Lebron. They will try to get Curry guarding Lebron as much as possible.

At crunchtime last night, I thought the Rockets should have done pick & roll more to try to get a switch and let Harden attack Mills, Manu, etc. But they did pure isolations. (which didn't work)

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's a bit of a catch 22. TT kind of forces the Dubs to be honest in terms of having a big out there, given his rebounding advantages. But as you've said, when it goes to small ball lineups, that allows the Warriors to insert Iggy into the lineup.
I think Iggy has been preparing himself all season to guard LBJ again. After all the talk last year about how he looked like a shell of his former self it would be nice to see him accomplish this.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to remain as objective as possible. Cavs for the time being have put to rest their horrid play since the all-star break. It won't be a sweep. But if that were to happen, then my god.
I'm not expecting a sweep either....but if it happens....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Cleveland did last year -- and I'm sure they will again -- is to have the guy Curry will be guarding (probably JR to start) set the pick for Lebron. They will try to get Curry guarding Lebron as much as possible.

At crunchtime last night, I thought the Rockets should have done pick & roll more to try to get a switch and let Harden attack Mills, Manu, etc. But they did pure isolations. (which didn't work)
I agree, but this year they have better help defenders so while it might happen a couple of times it will be their goal to counter that with help. Their defense this season has been great so I have no doubt they'd be ready.