• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only mentioned Love because there wasn't a poster here who didn't think losing Kyrie was a big deal & really hurt their chances.
steph-lebron.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Durant got injured in early March, because his injury was related to what Steph went through last year. He could've just played through it. Because I mean your sprain will eventually recover in the same time whether you're resting or not; this is basically what I'm grasping from the many doctors that exist on this forum.
pinkie_trust_me__i__m_a_doctor__by_jimin_drix-d5ps63o.png

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only mentioned Love because there wasn't a poster here who didn't think losing Kyrie was a big deal & really hurt their chances.
Lebron, Kyrie, Thompson, Korver......

Love is the 5th Beatle at best.

I honestly believe Smith, Frye and Williams will be more integral to the Cavs success than Love.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron, Kyrie, Thompson, Korver......

Love is the 5th Beatle at best.

I honestly believe Smith, Frye and Williams will be more integral to the Cavs success than Love.
scoring wise - at times maybe--- but i think you are under-estimating Love's worth- especially on the glass

when he was out the Cavs defense looks a lot worse- when you are giving up an extra 4-5 possessions a night- things can go downhill quickly

Love allows the Cavs to play small- while staying VERY BIG....which is one of the best advantages they have.

I mean-

KYrie
JR
LeBron
Love
Thompson

functionally is a "small ball" lineup becuase of all the shooters and versatility----- but its still a HUMONGOUS lineup rebounding wise- where every guy is a plus rebounder with size besids Kyrie.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scoring wise - at times maybe--- but i think you are under-estimating Love's worth- especially on the glass

when he was out the Cavs defense looks a lot worse- when you are giving up an extra 4-5 possessions a night- things can go downhill quickly

Love allows the Cavs to play small- while staying VERY BIG....which is one of the best advantages they have.

I mean-

KYrie
JR
LeBron
Love
Thompson

functionally is a "small ball" lineup becuase of all the shooters and versatility----- but its still a HUMONGOUS lineup rebounding wise- where every guy is a plus rebounder with size besids Kyrie.

Sure, if we are talking over the course of the Season, Love is important.

But, in my post, I was thinking about the Finals vs. The Warriors.

Love is a fucking disaster on defense and I think Frye and Korver will play important minutes against the death lineup.

When the Warriors put Dray at the 5, Durant and the 4 and Iggy at the 3, who is Love guarding?

The Gatorade cooler on the bench.

Williams importance doesn't even need to be explained.

You can't lose ground when Bron or Kyrie need a blow and he gives you an additional playmaker and scorer.

I'm not saying Love hasn't been a factor or that his contributions will be minimal.

I just think whatever he gives you is gravy because the other guys roles will be more important.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Durant got injured in early March, because his injury was related to what Steph went through last year. He could've just played through it. Because I mean your sprain will eventually recover in the same time whether you're resting or not; this is basically what I'm grasping from the many doctors that exist on this forum.

The many doctors that exist in this forum...:wtf2: All I did was mention an article that I ran across. My bad for posting an article about Steph's injury rather than making something up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The many doctors that exist in this forum...:wtf2: All I did was mention are article that I ran across. My bad for posting an article about Steph's injury rather than making something up.
Don't let it happen again!

#FactsAreForLosers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you @Wamu

so--- he got injured 4/24- and the Finals started 6/2.....so he had over 5 weeks to recover from a 2 week injury! cool. lol.

No wiggy the name of the article I posted was...Warriors Steph Curry OUT AT LEAST 2 weeks w/ MCL sprain. The title of the article says nothing about him having as you said a 2 week injury.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, if we are talking over the course of the Season, Love is important.

But, in my post, I was thinking about the Finals vs. The Warriors.

Love is a fucking disaster on defense and I think Frye and Korver will play important minutes against the death lineup.

When the Warriors put Dray at the 5, Durant and the 4 and Iggy at the 3, who is Love guarding?

The Gatorade cooler on the bench.

Williams importance doesn't even need to be explained.

You can't lose ground when Bron or Kyrie need a blow and he gives you an additional playmaker and scorer.

I'm not saying Love hasn't been a factor or that his contributions will be minimal.

I just think whatever he gives you is gravy because the other guys roles will be more important.
i think you are greatly underestimating love's contributions-

i mean- all the metrics say that his defensive rebounding is extremely important-

Love is a top 10 rebounder in the NBA. No big man stretches the floor better. And his ability to spark the break with his passes is unbeleivable.

if you were building a big man in a lab to play with LBJ he wouldnt look much different from Love.

Rebounding A+
Outside shooting A
Passing A

not only that- but he knows and accepts his role.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are greatly underestimating love's contributions-

i mean- all the metrics say that his defensive rebounding is extremely important-

Love is a top 10 rebounder in the NBA. No big man stretches the floor better. And his ability to spark the break with his passes is unbeleivable.

if you were building a big man in a lab to play with LBJ he wouldnt look much different from Love.

Rebounding A+
Outside shooting A
Passing A

not only that- but he knows and accepts his role.
If I were building the perfect guy to play next to LeBron, it wouldn't be a guy who gets benched the 4th quarter.

I'm not saying he's a bum.

I'm saying against the Warriors, Frye and Korver will be more important.

It's not fact, just my opinion.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were building the perfect guy to play next to LeBron, it wouldn't be a guy who gets benched the 4th quarter.

^^^This^^^^^

Basketball is a game of match-ups. Love just doesn't match-up well with the Warriors, hence your point of him being benched in the 4th quarter.

If he does guard KD or Dray he's going to be benched early anyway with fouls. Double edged sword for Lue.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^^^

Basketball is a game of match-ups. Love just doesn't match-up well with the Warriors, hence your point of him being benched in the 4th quarter.

If he does guard KD or Dray he's going to be benched early anyway with fouls. Double edged sword for Lue.

gonna...

LOVE...

June...:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

frye didnt even play against the warriors last year.....

i dunno- we shall see

i agree with you in that- at times it seems that Love- for being a 4 time all star can "disapear" - but i dont view it as a negative

everyone on this team knows and accepts there role

i mean- for shitsake you have JR Smith telling Ty Lue- "dont worry about my shots- i just want to defend". lol......

Love could complain his way into a bigger offensive role- but half the time he is just decoying out there....the thing with Love is that the Cavs NEED his rebounding, and need his spacing. Frye is a disaster on the boards.

As for Korver-- i mean- Korver whether he is scoring or not changes the other teams defense- his "gravity" is unbeleivable.

sometimes when the Cavs do go small- they keep in Tristan because he can guard all 5 positions- and then take out Love--- which does indeed happen like u said----- but if i had to pick one- korver or love- i gotta pick love for his skill set

the Cavs rebounding is huge for them- especially since guys are always hanging out on the 3 pt line...the offense chagned even more this year. They need an elite rebounder like Love even if Love isnt scoring a ton of points.

Like i was saying- Love always allows them to go "small" without going small. Thats a pretty nice advantage- i totally agree with you though--- when you have LeBron and Kyrie-- and other offensive weapons like Korver/JR/Frye--- Love can definitely get lost in the shuffle at times- especially when the other team is going small.

I cant get behind Korver being more important than Love---- but i could get behind an argument that Thompson is more important than Love and - after Kyrie and LeBron- Thompson is the guy the Cavs couldnt afford to lose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean @Mecca if the Warriors think they can get away guarding Love with McGee- they will get burnt to a crisp by that.

At least Love occupies Draymond defensively- which is important.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Cavs depth in the front-court. There is a lot of redundancy on the Cavs roster... but not with Kevin Love. His size, post-game and defensive rebounding is critical.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Cavs depth in the front-court. There is a lot of redundancy on the Cavs roster... but not with Kevin Love. His size, post-game and defensive rebounding is critical.
Tristan is the only other rebounder and LeBron is the only other guy with any kind of size and a post game.

It would be very hard for them to trade Love and get the right combination back to make up for him. The thing that makes it tempting is that- with Kyrie and LeBron you should be able to make it out of the EAst for the foreseeable future without Love excelling--- and he isnt a great matchup vs. GSW......

its hard to just assume that you will face GSW and cruise to the Finals though--- i mean- it is- and it isnt

would it surprise anyone if we not only got GSW/CLE Round 3, but also round 4 and 5?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i think it would get stale- i would laugh my ass off at all the consternation people would express if the Cavs Warriors went to 5 straight Finals or something lol.

could you even imagine?

the scary thing is---

i dont think i would bet against it either.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frye didnt even play against the warriors last year.....

i dunno- we shall see

i agree with you in that- at times it seems that Love- for being a 4 time all star can "disapear" - but i dont view it as a negative

everyone on this team knows and accepts there role

i mean- for shitsake you have JR Smith telling Ty Lue- "dont worry about my shots- i just want to defend". lol......

Love could complain his way into a bigger offensive role- but half the time he is just decoying out there....the thing with Love is that the Cavs NEED his rebounding, and need his spacing. Frye is a disaster on the boards.

As for Korver-- i mean- Korver whether he is scoring or not changes the other teams defense- his "gravity" is unbeleivable.

sometimes when the Cavs do go small- they keep in Tristan because he can guard all 5 positions- and then take out Love--- which does indeed happen like u said----- but if i had to pick one- korver or love- i gotta pick love for his skill set

the Cavs rebounding is huge for them- especially since guys are always hanging out on the 3 pt line...the offense chagned even more this year. They need an elite rebounder like Love even if Love isnt scoring a ton of points.

Like i was saying- Love always allows them to go "small" without going small. Thats a pretty nice advantage- i totally agree with you though--- when you have LeBron and Kyrie-- and other offensive weapons like Korver/JR/Frye--- Love can definitely get lost in the shuffle at times- especially when the other team is going small.

I cant get behind Korver being more important than Love---- but i could get behind an argument that Thompson is more important than Love and - after Kyrie and LeBron- Thompson is the guy the Cavs couldnt afford to lose.
Yeah, I see your point.

And you're right, he doesn't rock the boat.

Everyone on that Team stays in their lane.

Also, having this much depth is a nice problem to have, no?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i think it would get stale- i would laugh my ass off at all the consternation people would express if the Cavs Warriors went to 5 straight Finals or something lol.

could you even imagine?

the scary thing is---

i dont think i would bet against it either.
It could totally happen.