• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 5.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors take game 1, Cavs in 6.

Comes down to how hot DeRozan is in this series and whether the Cavs can keep their defense respectable.
I say Cavs in 5. The problem the Raps have is they don't have a man on man defender that can makes things tough for LBJ. Without that he's gonna run amok. IMO only way they get game 1 is if the Cavs come out rusty from the long rest.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the one thing that worries me a little bit. Cavs being a lil rusty and the Raptors having won 3 straight.

Cavs rest advantage will show up later on i nthe series without a doubt- but the first half of game one worries me a little bit.

Especially considering it normally takes them 3 1/2 quarters to crank up their defense. Wonder if it will take 1 1/2 games with a weeks rest. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Mecca LOOOOOOOOOOL

That's really too bad his dad is living so vicariously through him that it's starting to interfere with his potential business deals. SMH

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really too bad his dad is living so vicariously through him that it's starting to interfere with his potential business deals. SMH

Yup. The alarming thing here is that shoe deals are usually the leading endorsement earnings. So the Lavar affect is taking shape before the kid even starts doing draft work outs for teams (which I don't believe he's going to do anyway).

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. The alarming thing here is that shoe deals are usually the leading endorsement earnings. So the Lavar affect is taking shape before the kid even starts doing draft work outs for teams (which I don't believe he's going to do anyway).
I hate parents like that. IMO it's equivalent to the parents that use their kids social to get credit because they've messed up their own. My oldest niece has that problem...she had credit when she was 12. Now she's going to be 21 and having to clean up her credit. SMH. I hate that my sister did that to her.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate parents like that. IMO it's equivalent to the parents that use their kids social to get credit because they've messed up their own. My oldest niece has that problem...she had credit when she was 12. Now she's going to be 21 and having to clean up her credit. SMH. I hate that my sister did that to her.
wtf

you cant enter into a contract at 12 years old that is legally binding.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No offense to you, LAD. Your sister kind of sucks. I couldn't set my kid up (granted I don't have one) for failure like that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf

you cant enter into a contract at 12 years old that is legally binding.
Correct, but back in the day parents were able to do things like get cable & other household bills without there being a credit check.

Because this was a common problem now they run a credit check for everything. And good thing....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense to you, LAD. Your sister kind of sucks. I couldn't set my kid up (granted I don't have one) for failure like that.
Oh no offense taken & I totally agree. She sucks the big one! The sad part is we didn't know she was doing those things until recently when my mom had a local cable company go after her for an old unpaid bill. She actually stole our moms social to use it for things like that.

She's the black sheep of the family- and has moved away to Vegas. My mom, my younger sister & I don't interact with her much but my mom has her kids - two of which are adults. It's a pretty sad situation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, but back in the day parents were able to do things like get cable & other household bills without there being a credit check.

Because this was a common problem now they run a credit check for everything. And good thing....

Years ago, our niece from my wife's side of the family came to live with us. A couple of months after she arrived, we started getting calls from collectors saying she owed X amount of money for a couple of unpaid utilities. When we informed them that she was 15, the calls stopped.

I didn't follow up when she was older, so I don't know if they stayed on her credit report or not.

But yeah, that was pretty shitty. I remember my wife calling her sister and reading her the riot act. She got mad enough about it that curse words came out of her mouth that I didn't know she knew. lol

Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago, our niece from my wife's side of the family came to live with us. A couple of months after she arrived, we started getting calls from collectors saying she owed X amount of money for a couple of unpaid utilities. When we informed them that she was 15, the calls stopped.

I didn't follow up when she was older, so I don't know if they stayed on her credit report or not.

But yeah, that was pretty shitty. I remember my wife calling her sister and reading her the riot act. She got mad enough about it that curse words came out of her mouth that I didn't know she knew. lol
That's terrible. I just can't believe it was so common. Right now my niece can't even get a cell phone in her name. That's how bad her mom has screwed up her credit. So my younger sister and I have been working with her to help get her credit cleaned up. We're at the point where we're going to try to request a new social for her because her mom still has her info. We're worried that after her credit is cleaned up she will start using her info again.

We found out that because she was a minor when she had all those accounts opened that it's clearly fraud & not her fault & so they will be removed but the problem is having to go through the process of cleaning it all up with the possibility of it happening again.

There is just no way I could ever do something like that to my family - especially my kids. She is not allowed to be anywhere in my house by herself. One thing I can't tolerate is a thief.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the most important question on this is:

What does this do to the Pacers asking price for bringing PG-13 to the Lakers? lol

This looks like it signals a complete rebuild, which I wouldn't be surprised if George is traded in the offseason.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrible. I just can't believe it was so common. Right now my niece can't even get a cell phone in her name. That's how bad her mom has screwed up her credit. So my younger sister and I have been working with her to help get her credit cleaned up. We're at the point where we're going to try to request a new social for her because her mom still has her info. We're worried that after her credit is cleaned up she will start using her info again.

We found out that because she was a minor when she had all those accounts opened that it's clearly fraud & not her fault & so they will be removed but the problem is having to go through the process of cleaning it all up with the possibility of it happening again.

There is just no way I could ever do something like that to my family - especially my kids. She is not allowed to be anywhere in my house by herself. One thing I can't tolerate is a thief.

Looking into getting her a new SS# is a good idea. If it happens now that she's an adult, it'll be much harder to clean up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like it signals a complete rebuild, which I wouldn't be surprised if George is traded in the offseason.

Agree. With all of the rumors about him wanting to be a Laker, maybe they won't have to give up as much? I'd be good with the top 3 pick (assuming they keep it) and one of the young guys not named Brandon Ingram.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking into getting her a new SS# is a good idea. If it happens now that she's an adult, it'll be much harder to clean up.
How does a fraud prevention tactic like a fraud alert work against the one person that knows everything about you? LOL
We figured it's the only option to prevent it from happening again. I am just so disgusted in my sister. Your parents are the people you should be able to trust the most. I hate that my nieces don't have that.