• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams that reached for WRs and QBs are the big losers tonight.

Seriously. The Bears gave up assets to move up 1 spot to take Trubisky? Trubisky was probably going to be there anyway. Why trade?

The Chiefs move into the top 10 to draft a guy most teams didn't even have rated as a first round pick?

I get the Texans' trade, but man they gave up a lot.

Joe Ross going top 10? Really? He has talent, but with durability concerns and so many elite talents on the defensive side, no way he should have gone that high.
That's exactly what I said, I dont' know why they traded all of those picks to get a guy that could have gotten with the next pick, John Lynch really won out last night in his first draft ever.

The Chiefs could afford it, they are a very deep and talented team and have 10 picks this year, and as I said before when you watch Mahomes play he is like a black Favre, I knew Reid would be extremely interested and as soon as I heard the trade go thru I knew they were taking him, he wouldn't have gotten to the second round.

Bill O Brien fell in love with Watson and they thought someone was going to reach on a QB since Mahomes/Tribisky were already gone so they made their move to 12 before anyone could take him.

Joe Ross was a MASSIVE reach, Corey Davis at 5 was a MASSIVE reach, even though I thought he was the best receiver in the draft I was expecting him to go late first to maybe a team like the Steelers at 29.

Either way, it was an extremely entertaining draft and one of the first times in a while I was actually glued to my TV for the whole first round.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors take game 1, Cavs in 6.

Comes down to how hot DeRozan is in this series and whether the Cavs can keep their defense respectable.
Cavs win unless Kylie/DerozCAN do what LeBron and Kyrie did to the Warriors in the finals last year and absolutely go beast mode.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comes down to how hot DeRozan is in this series and whether the Cavs can keep their defense respectable.

Best thing Raptors got going for them is they don't have to worry about losing game 1 at home.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing Raptors got going for them is they don't have to worry about losing game 1 at home.

ha, true.

If they come away with a split, they'll be feeling really confident. They're used to playing from behind in series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns really did a great job for a change. Honestly, I figured they'd draft Manziel again. lol

Smart of them to try and build their defense first.
I liked it.

I think Peppers is interesting.....he will be a swiss-army knife type guy that can cover multiple types of players, blitz ,return kicks, play some strong safety

the NFL - especially at safety and linebacker- are going with guys who are more versatile who can go from sideline to sideline but can still hit- and i think Peppers is that guy

hes not a free safety or a cover corner- thats for sure--- but he will be a playmaker- which is what they needed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the one thing that worries me a little bit. Cavs being a lil rusty and the Raptors having won 3 straight.

Cavs rest advantage will show up later on i nthe series without a doubt- but the first half of game one worries me a little bit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it.

I think Peppers is interesting.....he will be a swiss-army knife type guy that can cover multiple types of players, blitz ,return kicks, play some free safety

the NFL - especially at safety and linebacker- are going with guys who are more versatile who can go from sideline to sideline but can still hit- and i think Peppers is that guy

hes not a free safety or a cover corner- thats for sure--- but he will be a playmaker- which is what they needed.

Agree. I see him as a Troy Polamalu type (which is about as high praise as I can give). Polamalu was adequate at best as a cover guy, but he made up for it by being a ball hawk and coming up with big plays/hits all over the field. I think that's exactly how the Browns should use Peppers. I don't know if he'll be as good as Polamalu, but if he even gets close, that'll be big for the Browns defense.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the one thing that worries me a little bit. Cavs being a lil rusty and the Raptors having won 3 straight.

Cavs rest advantage will show up later on i nthe series without a doubt- but the first half of game one worries me a little bit.

Yeah, I think the Raptors could definitely steal game 1. As you said, the Cavs could be rusty and the Raptors come in with some momentum.

If they do, Cavs in 6.

If they don't, Cavs in 5.

I think all of the games will be close unless the Cavs figure out a way to step it up on defense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. Coverage can be taught. That's just a matter of learning proper technique. He seems to have everything else to play safety in the NFL.

Besides, he has no choice but to be good, he's gonna be a former Michigan player playing in Ohio. Fans will wreck him if he sucks. lol

I like Peppers as well. The thing with Peppers about his coverage is he still has to be coached up a lot into the position. I'm assuming he'll play safety at the next level. At Michigan he played at LB, S, CB, PR/KR and I believe RB and WR a bit as well. He never got to practice at one position full-time. That changes at the next level.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Mecca LOOOOOOOOOOL

I feel so sorry for Lonzo.

Again: I would love to be able to see him in person on a regular basis.

But, I really hope he doesn't go to the Lakers.

Whomever they hired as his agent has a hard journey ahead.

This clown will undermine every financial decision so that his non existent business empire can continue to be mediocre.

Nobody is buying that bullshit merchandise.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whomever they hired as his agent has a hard journey.

This clown will undermine every financial decision so that his non existent business empire can continue to be mediocre.

I could see an agency like CAA bringing Lonzo on as a client, then subsequently dropped later on because of Lavar. I'm actually hoping that Lonzo goes number 1 now (so long as the Lakers don't get the number 1 pick) just so he's as far as way from his dad as possible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs in six.

But, I'll go balls to the walls and say 5.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Peppers as well. The thing with Peppers about his coverage is he still has to be coached up a lot into the position. I'm assuming he'll play safety at the next level. At Michigan he played at LB, S, CB, PR/KR and I believe RB and WR a bit as well. He never got to practice at one position full-time. That changes at the next level.

He was a top recruit coming out of High School, Harbaugh kind of ruined his draft stock by playing him at so many positions, if he would have just put him in a position and let him stick to that position, he wouldn't have to be coached up and would have been a top 5 pick. But to some college coaches, winning college games is more important than getting guys to the NFL.

That's why I love the way Bama, FSU, and Miami handle things, they run the pro style offense that most people in college don't run anymore and they get these guys ready to play in the NFL.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, like Allen Iverson and the Sixers vs. The Lakers in the finals?

Toronto is getting stomped.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whomever they hired as his agent has a hard journey ahead.

Yeah, the sad thing is that if he'd just stfu until Lonzo actually accomplishes something in the NBA, he wouldn't have to make any demands that his brand be licensed by Nike, UA or Adidas...they'd be coming to him and trying to outbid each other.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a top recruit coming out of High School, Harbaugh kind of ruined his draft stock by playing him at so many positions, if he would have just put him in a position and let him stick to that position, he wouldn't have to be coached up and would have been a top 5 pick. But to some college coaches, winning college games is more important than getting guys to the NFL.

That's why I love the way Bama, FSU, and Miami handle things, they run the pro style offense that most people in college don't run anymore and they get these guys ready to play in the NFL.

Agreed on the bolded. The two latter schools were mediocre (FSU during Bowden's last years then Jimbo took over) and Miami (from 2005-Present (things are trending up)). But they benefitted from recruiting success because they had a history of putting players in the NFL as well as having a system that would allow them to adjust to the NFL easier compared to their contemporaries.

But yeah, coaches at the collegiate level aren't concerned about that aspect - winning is what matters. Hell, Tebow may have been a great NFL QB. But Urban never bothered to work on his mechanics while he was playing in Gainesville.