• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #<23 OREGON DUCKS vs Nebraska Cornhuskers 3:30 PM EST ABC

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like after you guys joined the B1G you went to Madison and got the concept of jump around from the Badgers and made your own version.

Be original please.

Noted. How's this for original?

hqdefault.jpg

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh a falsified record that has been continued because big money boosters have bought tickets to keep that streak "alive"

Not true. Not true whatsoever. There's never been a single game where you could spot patches of empty seats in the stadium in the first half. We pretty much always stay through the whole game even in blowouts unlike yourselves.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like after you guys joined the B1G you went to Madison and got the concept of jump around from the Badgers and made your own version.

Be original please.

Original like this?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair there isn't a whole lot else exciting to do in Nebraska is there? I mean it's a lot harder to sell out stadiums when entertainment options abound.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be original please.

DJ Kool personally endorsed us using it. Came to a Husker practice and performed it.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair there isn't a whole lot else exciting to do in Nebraska is there? I mean it's a lot harder to sell out stadiums when entertainment options abound.

I swear to god it pisses me off to no end when people say this. We are literally just like any other major city that is land locked. I'd say Lincoln is like a smaller Kansas City as far as the vibe and night life. There's literally nothing you can't do here that you can do in almost any other major land locked city that doesn't have mountains.

Omaha has a bigger population than Minneapolis or St. Louis... There's a shitload to do there too.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to god it pisses me off to no end when people say this. We are literally just like any other major city that is land locked. I'd say Lincoln is like a smaller Kansas City as far as the vibe and night life. There's literally nothing you can't do here that you can do in almost any other major land locked city that doesn't have mountains.
Man, I struck a nerve didn't I? Sorry bro.

That's a lot of qualifiers though. I can't speak for most other cities, but you gotta work hard in Seattle to get butts in seats. Mariners, Seahawks, and for whatever reason this is a soccer town so Sounders all playing at the same time as college football on top of so much else to do in the city as well as not far away. Why go watch a blowout football game against a scrub team if you can go to the EMP, or dozens of other places in a major metro area?

If Lincoln is as big as Seattle I guess I'd say I had no idea. I've never even contemplated going into the state of Nebraska and didn't see much flying over it so I'll take your word for it.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I struck a nerve didn't I? Sorry bro.

That's a lot of qualifiers though. I can't speak for most other cities, but you gotta work hard in Seattle to get butts in seats. Mariners, Seahawks, and for whatever reason this is a soccer town so Sounders all playing at the same time as college football on top of so much else to do in the city as well as not far away. Why go watch a blowout football game against a scrub team if you can go to the EMP, or dozens of other places in a major metro area?

If Lincoln is as big as Seattle I guess I'd say I had no idea. I've never even contemplated going into the state of Nebraska and didn't see much flying over it so I'll take your word for it.

Lincoln is not even close to as big as Seattle. You're talking apples and oranges. It's just that when people say "oh there's nothing to do there"

There's plenty to do, but the valid point is that it's one of the only states to have one major college football program with no competing state school. But that's what makes it special. The whole state is all in on it.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has nothing to do with "entertainment options". When USC was winning ... they were selling out. When Miami was winning ... they were selling out.

Nebraska is just one of those historical powers with a lot of passionate fans. You could put their stadium in the middle of Disney World and they would sell out.