• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #<23 OREGON DUCKS vs Nebraska Cornhuskers 3:30 PM EST ABC

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am reading three different conversations in one thread. Reading this thing like Prukop is going to be reading all the different defensive looks Nebraska is going to show him.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am reading three different conversations in one thread. Reading this thing like Prukop is going to be reading all the different defensive looks Nebraska is going to show him.

I hope Banker's plan isn't a bunch of exotic blitzes and shit. That would piss me right the fuck off.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just play sound, assignment football. Make them put drives together and don't have missed assignments and busts.
They're gonna get their yards and they're gonna score, but ya gotta make them earn it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Banker's plan isn't a bunch of exotic blitzes and shit. That would piss me right the fuck off.
isn't that what Banker does? He loves to bring pressure. Especially from the Corner..The issue at OSU was he would do that and leave his defenders one on one, at OSU he didn't have the talent or athletes to really make that effective. Nebraska might be different.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just play sound, assignment football. Make them put drives together and don't have missed assignments and busts.
They're gonna get their yards and they're gonna score, but ya gotta make them earn it.
The telling story here is how Nebraska's defense is going to do on 1st downs.

if we get big chunks of yards on first downs then things come easy to us and we get the tempO going.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the actual game at hand OD. Not nonsense about Mike Riley at Oregon State, uniforms, and relevancy, but the actual game.
Since when has OD ever actually talked x's and o's? :noidea: There is no match up that team has ever had that worries him. Even down at half time he's always 100% sure they are coming back and winning by 50. That's how he rolls.
Hmmmm... Alright we won't talk about the last game we played vs them then. You know, with our CURRENT head coach and our CURRENT players.
Don't confuse him with the facts.

This is epic classicness, you got USC and Washington fans up in here all jumbled.

Those guys are still fearful of us.

Either back the PAC or GTFO.
Right, so from now on you are NOT allowed to ever say a bad thing about UW anywhere on this site no matter how bad of an egg they might lay on the field. Either back us entirely or don't post. I mean that's your new rule now right? :L

As for Mamba, I don't blame him for reading and not joining in on this. He's been looking forward to this game for years. He's a student of the game. Playing Nebtraska is special. It is special no matter what their record is or who is coaching them. It's fucking Nebraska. There's no way he's letting this moment get sullied by anyone's retardation. Whether it's from one of his own or the many clowns that poke fun at everything. I think he had said he was going to try to go to this game. What an awesome experience that would be. Hell of a bucket list event. He's taking it far more seriously than the OP is. Hope he enjoys the trip if he's going, but of course I hope he's not celebrating a victory on the way home.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't that what Banker does? He loves to bring pressure. Especially from the Corner..The issue at OSU was he would do that and leave his defenders one on one, at OSU he didn't have the talent or athletes to really make that effective. Nebraska might be different.

They couldn't do that stuff last year because they didn't show they could execute it in practice consistently.

Considering Nebraska doesn't have a proven pass rusher in our front four, there will inevitably be other ways he has to find to bring pressure. I just hope it's not over the top and convoluted to the point where guys are missing assignments.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't do that stuff last year because they didn't show they could execute it in practice consistently.

Considering Nebraska doesn't have a proven pass rusher in our front four, there will inevitably be other ways he has to find to bring pressure. I just hope it's not over the top and convoluted to the point where guys are missing assignments.
Well Oregon has an extremely young Offensive line. Which may allow for Nebraska to get into the backfield, which can cause us problems. I expect IF that becomes a problem, Oregon will dial up screen passes to get our speed WRs and RBs into space.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought that hurdling 101 was to actually make it over the hurdles.
did he not make it over any of them? last I saw he didn't stop or go around or under any and not finish

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The telling story here is how Nebraska's defense is going to do on 1st downs.

if we get big chunks of yards on first downs then things come easy to us and we get the tempO going.

But according to the "commentators" (if you wanna call those idiots that) during the Virginia game, Prukop isn't quite ready to operate at full blown "blur" speed.

I've seen the Nebraska defense doing a lot of last second pre snap communication. MUCH more than last year, but they won't have time for that if Oregon really gets it going.

The defensive players were saying they aren't really practicing against tempo in practice because their scout team can't simulate it well enough, but I'll be pissed off if they aren't set and ready for every play.

It's gonna be PAC 12 officials for the game, so that's advantage Oregon. B1G refs wouldn't be Oregons bitch ball boy running as fast as they can to get the ball to the LOS for the next snap.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page 17 hmmmm....

Has the game started yet?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be PAC 12 officials for the game, so that's advantage Oregon. B1G refs wouldn't be Oregons bitch ball boy running as fast as they can to get the ball to the LOS for the next snap.
Um, not so fast... :corso:

Pac12 officials suck ass. Period. They are fucking horrible. All around just completely shit. They are just as likely to fuck over Oregon as Nebraska. There is no homerism in their terrible officiating.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But according to the "commentators" (if you wanna call those idiots that) during the Virginia game, Prukop isn't quite ready to operate at full blown "blur" speed.

I've seen the Nebraska defense doing a lot of last second pre snap communication. MUCH more than last year, but they won't have time for that if Oregon really gets it going.

The defensive players were saying they aren't really practicing against tempo in practice because their scout team can't simulate it well enough, but I'll be pissed off if they aren't set and ready for every play.

Oregon didn't look good in their first game of last year then against MSU @ MSU they looked much better and came a few inches away on a pass from winning the game. Prukop has shown to get better and more comfortable with the offense each week. If Oregon can get big yards on first down they usually will start going up tempo with it to keep the defense off guard. He may not be fully ready to run it at the blur speed, but there were glimpses of it vs Virginia and another week of practice should help implement it a little more vs Nebraska. Also, who knows if coaches were hiding or holding anything back to not show their entire hand to Nebraska on tape.

If you guys aren't prepared for the tempo then you should be extremely disappointed in Riley and Banker. After all, no opponent is familiar with Oregons system and tempo then those guys.