• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Pre-season Sox activities

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getz is building a roster of players that played like Chris Getz. Fun times coming. I didn’t think the team could be worse than last yrs. I think this one is

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the last Fletcher who played for the Sox. Dominick Fletcher at 5'6" was the runt of the Diamondback's outfield prospects litter. So, he gets an opportunity with the White Sox. This guy already has appeal for me.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getz is building a roster of players that played like Chris Getz. Fun times coming. I didn’t think the team could be worse than last yrs. I think this one is

ChANginG tHe CULtuRe.

We'll be like an entire team of Chris Zorich's...Win 50 games but goddamn will we be likeable.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ChANginG tHe CULtuRe.

We'll be like an entire team of Chris Zorich's...Win 50 games but goddamn will we be likeable.
BAsed on last year - I call that progress. Let's just start with a team that plays like they like the game of baseball.

After having to watch Hahn for a number of years - it is refreshing to see the Sox "solve" RF - by setting up a competition with two guys ready for the big leagues but not established yet - at the same time preserving a platooning option with Pillar in the wings. So Getz gives himself three outcomes - in a situation where Hahn would get one guy for RF and basically announce he was finished shopping.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAsed on last year - I call that progress. Let's just start with a team that plays like they like the game of baseball.

After having to watch Hahn for a number of years - it is refreshing to see the Sox "solve" RF - by setting up a competition with two guys ready for the big leagues but not established yet - at the same time preserving a platooning option with Pillar in the wings. So Getz gives himself three outcomes - in a situation where Hahn would get one guy for RF and basically announce he was finished shopping.
Based on the trades and signings to date, it does look like the Sox will at least show anywhere from decent to great improvement defensively, something we haven't seen in over 15 years. SS and RF should show the greatest defensive improvement, with C right behind those two spots. Of course OTOH, we're gonna hit for shit - maybe an MLB worst - unless Jimenez and Moncada magically turn it around and resemble their earlier best seasons.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the trades and signings to date, it does look like the Sox will at least show anywhere from decent to great improvement defensively, something we haven't seen in over 15 years. SS and RF should show the greatest defensive improvement, with C right behind those two spots. Of course OTOH, we're gonna hit for shit - maybe an MLB worst - unless Jimenez and Moncada magically turn it around and resemble their earlier best seasons.
Last season -didn't the Sox have the fewest runs scored per game? So, they had offense guys who didn't produce and couldn't field. Now the Sox will have good fielding up the middle and any offensive contribution will be a bonus. :)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season -didn't the Sox have the fewest runs scored per game? So, they had offense guys who didn't produce and couldn't field. Now the Sox will have good fielding up the middle and any offensive contribution will be a bonus. :)
You got me curious with that first line amigo, so I looked it up and boy were you close. Turns out the Sox scored the 2nd fewest runs in MLB - only the A's scored less - 56 runs fewer. So we don't have that far to sink in order to say we could be the worst scoring team this year. Oh, and just to add salt to our already gaping wounds, we ended the '23 season at 26th in both ERA and fielding pct. What a ballclub!!!!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, I do not believe in the "It can't get much worse" sentiment when it comes to Chicago teams.

"Last season was so bad that this season can't possibly be...."

Nope...Just stop right there. How many years of torture must be endured for one to not fall into this mind trap?

We're gon' suck...hard.

Ain't no Dynasty coming for us....
Ain't no Chris Getz gonna all of a sudden become the next great GM in baseball...
Ain't no Jerry gonna sign any real players...More likely he'll live to the century mark and get another stadium that everyone hates....
Ain't no magic trade [usually involving getting rid of our best player(s)] gonna set us up nicely for the future...
Ain't no minor league foreigner that we give 75 million over 12 seasons to gonna pan out...

Pure...Unadulterated...Suckitude.

Yeah baby.

See you boys for the opener.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side, we'll start the '24 campaign tied for the best record in baseball.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side, we'll start the '24 campaign tied for the best record in baseball.

My fingers are itching for the "2024 White Sox Prediction" thread. I'm betting the house on "Soxfest 2025, announced as returning in early 2024, is no longer returning."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fingers are itching for the "2024 White Sox Prediction" thread. I'm betting the house on "Soxfest 2025, announced as returning in early 2024, is no longer returning."
Think it's gonna be one of those Mr. Toad's Wild Ride for us Sox fans this year. Could turn out to be a lotta fun....in a sadistic manner of such.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little tired of seeing everyone so hopped up on our fielding for next year. nobody gives a damn about fielding. fielding is a luxury IF you can pitch and hit. if you can't do those two things you're crap! fielding is about 10% of the game (if that). getz has don't nothing to strengthen this team. so far just smoke and mirrors. until this team is sold not much will change. when you have an owner who is more about making money than producing winners you're generally going to stay garbage. and that's what this team is. not going to change anytime soon.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, I do not believe in the "It can't get much worse" sentiment when it comes to Chicago teams.

"Last season was so bad that this season can't possibly be...."

Nope...Just stop right there. How many years of torture must be endured for one to not fall into this mind trap?

We're gon' suck...hard.

Ain't no Dynasty coming for us....
Ain't no Chris Getz gonna all of a sudden become the next great GM in baseball...
Ain't no Jerry gonna sign any real players...More likely he'll live to the century mark and get another stadium that everyone hates....
Ain't no magic trade [usually involving getting rid of our best player(s)] gonna set us up nicely for the future...
Ain't no minor league foreigner that we give 75 million over 12 seasons to gonna pan out...

Pure...Unadulterated...Suckitude.

Yeah baby.

See you boys for the opener.
I happen to be a White Sox fan for the past 64 years - and unlike you - I have seen the White Sox in two world series. It's a different perspective.

It's interesting to note though - the White Sox always outperform the season when everyone expects them to be epic losers.

The MLB has set the rules in the MLB draft that the Sox cannot have a pick better than the 10th pick next season. I will bet the Sox play this season and earn the 10th pick of the draft or even later. Yes - I'm saying there will be at least 9 teams with a worse season result than the 2024 Sox.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to be a White Sox fan for the past 64 years - and unlike you - I have seen the White Sox in two world series. It's a different perspective.

It's interesting to note though - the White Sox always outperform the season when everyone expects them to be epic losers.

The MLB has set the rules in the MLB draft that the Sox cannot have a pick better than the 10th pick next season. I will bet the Sox play this season and earn the 10th pick of the draft or even later. Yes - I'm saying there will be at least 9 teams with a worse season result than the 2024 Sox.

I've seen 7 championship appearances (7-0) under the Reinsdorf regime over 82 seasons...We're going to f*cking suck.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen 7 championship appearances (7-0) under the Reinsdorf regime over 82 seasons...We're going to f*cking suck.
how many seasons? ahhh you're counting the bulls. it's actually worse just using the sox.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt I'll share this same prediction or even something similar, but I'll be damned if I don't admire your undying love for this team!!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt I'll share this same prediction or even something similar, but I'll be damned if I don't admire your undying love for this team!!!!
LOL - I tried to calculate that little bet after I posted and was shocked to see how much the Sox need to improve to be the 20th best team in baseball.

Yeah but - it's true - when spring training camps are about to open - I believe the Sox will magically have everything fall into place - despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I still think the Sox might find a way to address the 2nd base job. Lopez is a super utility guy - he plays good defense, but I think you can get the D and better hitting - so we will see.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any hot AAA prospects we can give a 7 year $50 million contract to this offseason?

Dynasty mode!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any hot AAA prospects we can give a 7 year $50 million contract to this offseason?

Dynasty mode!
The amount of sox fans pushing for it are hilarious. Ownership could just pay players their worth when they actually prove it. Nah… give them an early deal before they prove anything and hope for the best.