• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Pre-season Sox activities

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure i'd call any of them major league.
That's because Getz is redoing the movie Major Leagues - cause Jerry doesn't want to spend for the good chance in the "show."

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that Getz continues to ink future HOFers. :eyebrows:
If you're going to lose 100 games - for goodness sakes don't spend a dollar more than it takes to do that.

Flexen is another guy - Bannister maybe has a plan for. Funny thing is Flexen did well in the Korea league and came back to the US and had 2.5 good seasons. Now he has lost something off his fast ball and is getting hammered. He could eat up a lot of innings as a starter.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to lose 100 games - for goodness sakes don't spend a dollar more than it takes to do that.

Flexen is another guy - Bannister maybe has a plan for. Funny thing is Flexen did well in the Korea league and came back to the US and had 2.5 good seasons. Now he has lost something off his fast ball and is getting hammered. He could eat up a lot of innings as a starter.
While your first line makes complete sense, it's also at the same time quite depressing in its reality, as in Getz thru his actions to date is almost guaranteeing another huge loss season, possibly a consecutive 100+, which I believe has never happened in our team's long, long history.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While your first line makes complete sense, it's also at the same time quite depressing in its reality, as in Getz thru his actions to date is almost guaranteeing another huge loss season, possibly a consecutive 100+, which I believe has never happened in our team's long, long history.
It's interesting - we haven't heard much about Eloy. If the Sox could just get him to DH and shut up about it - and hunt for dingers with his ABs - maybe he should stick around.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a potential FA idea I can wrap my head around:

Hernandez has been on my radar from seasons past. Sportrac has his market value set at $16.5m per year for 4 years. Very doable, but then again we're talking Reinsdorf here, so who knows. But no doubt he'd be a perfect fit on our club.

One important reminder in this article regarding the draft and MLB's approach to preventing teams from tanking:

.....the White Sox cannot pick higher than 10th overall, so we might as well add as much talent as we can to the team, as tanking is pointless.

So no matter how poorly we may end up in the rankings this season, we won't be able to draft any earlier than 10th. I don't know, something about this new rule just seems totally wack.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a potential FA idea I can wrap my head around:

Hernandez has been on my radar from seasons past. Sportrac has his market value set at $16.5m per year for 4 years. Very doable, but then again we're talking Reinsdorf here, so who knows. But no doubt he'd be a perfect fit on our club.

One important reminder in this article regarding the draft and MLB's approach to preventing teams from tanking:

.....the White Sox cannot pick higher than 10th overall, so we might as well add as much talent as we can to the team, as tanking is pointless.

So no matter how poorly we may end up in the rankings this season, we won't be able to draft any earlier than 10th. I don't know, something about this new rule just seems totally wack.
I'd go for this signing. Somebody has to hit the baseball. We are probably pending a trade for Cease - where RF may show up in that trade.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go for this signing. Somebody has to hit the baseball. We are probably pending a trade for Cease - where RF may show up in that trade.
That's possible, maybe even likely. But wouldn't it be nice if we could remove RF from the equation by signing an established veteran with a proven power bat at no cost to any trade capital, then focus on other areas of need that could be obtained in such a trade. Besides, I highly doubt any RFer we'd get would qualify much beyond a prospect or some toss away veteran. But I digress (love using that cheesy expression), I still don't see the Sox/Reinsdorf cracking open the vault to sign Hernandez, so your option might just be the logical route taken.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox signed a no hit - good glove outfielder to a minor league contract. The Getz "2024 No Hit White Sox" collection is rounding into form.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox signed a no hit - good glove outfielder to a minor league contract. The Getz "2024 No Hit White Sox" collection is rounding into form.
For better or worse tho, we're gonna be no hit, but pretty solid defense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now read this and tell me this isn't our man Iddy - moonlighting for some sko bucks.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now read this and tell me this isn't our man Iddy - moonlighting for some sko bucks.
i wish i had. and i'll take that as a compliment! :)
how many games will you be going to? lol

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were going to be a dynasty. Right now. Never forget.

giphy.gif

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chris Getz has done well to restrain from making a trade - when he thinks he should be getting more. As Iddy pointed out - more than a month ago - if Cease gets to the next trade deadline -with good numbers as a White Sox starter - that will be his maximum value for a trade - with a 1 and 1/2 years of control left. Cease will have a better Sox defense behind him for help - and the benefit of Katz's undivided attention (since Bannister is around now and Katz won't be asked to answer any pitching question or make an evaluations).

Getz by not caving in to make a trade - gains the respect of the other player market MLB executives and has created the conditions for what he will want at the trade deadline. A Cease injury would screw it all up, but I think an acceptable risk for the possible gain.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chris Getz has done well to restrain from making a trade - when he thinks he should be getting more. As Iddy pointed out - more than a month ago - if Cease gets to the next trade deadline -with good numbers as a White Sox starter - that will be his maximum value for a trade - with a 1 and 1/2 years of control left. Cease will have a better Sox defense behind him for help - and the benefit of Katz's undivided attention (since Bannister is around now and Katz won't be asked to answer any pitching question or make an evaluations).

Getz by not caving in to make a trade - gains the respect of the other player market MLB executives and has created the conditions for what he will want at the trade deadline. A Cease injury would screw it all up, but I think an acceptable risk for the possible gain.
That's one of those roll-of-the-dice ifs. I agree Cease's trade value would likely increase if he returns to his '22 form. But if he resembles this past season or prior to '22, then his value will no doubt diminish. And this is assuming he remains healthy thruout. I'm fine with Getz holding out for maximum value at the present, but if he's hellbent on trading Cease, and all reports indicate this to be the case, then I'm hoping he gets it done before camp opens.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of those roll-of-the-dice ifs. I agree Cease's trade value would likely increase if he returns to his '22 form. But if he resembles this past season or prior to '22, then his value will no doubt diminish. And this is assuming he remains healthy thruout. I'm fine with Getz holding out for maximum value at the present, but if he's hellbent on trading Cease, and all reports indicate this to be the case, then I'm hoping he gets it done before camp opens.
i don't think it can diminish much more than it has. the upside of waiting is MUCH greater than the downside. which i think is apparent in the fact he's not been moved. nobody wants that big of a gamble.