• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m kind of all over the place with this draft. Grab a QB with pick 3 but not much help around him could be disastrous like with the Panthers QB Bryce Young. But Stroud didn’t have much talent around him and he played incredible. But if you have a chance at an elite QB you should probably take him.

I’m fine with Daniels or Maye or McCarthy.

But I wouldn’t mind trading back and get a couple extra 1st(Vikings) and get more talent across the board.

We have a lot of options.

First draft I’ve been excited about in quite a while.
Top 3 pick will have that effect. I think Bledsoe was the last time we had a top 3 pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, according to the insiders, Chicago will take Williams and the Commanders are leaning toward Daniels. Thing is, the new coach of the Commanders supposedly wants Drake Maye. May be some internal strife and the owner may have to or already is getting involved.

It may all be total BS. Supposedly, if Maye is there at #3, the Patriots will take him. If not, they will trade down and take the Vikings offer of #11, #23, #108 and the Vikes 2025 first round and third round picks for #3 and #103. If JJ McCarthy is still there at #11, the Pats will take him. If not they take the best WR or LT available and go forward from there. Again, it's a guessing game.

Everyone supposedly has very reliable resources. My guess is that Mayo and Kraft are talking in tongues. It keeps everyone guessing and allows them, Wolfe and Groh to move in any direction without any obstacles. They keep creating rumors while they already know exactly what they will in any circumstance.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, according to the insiders, Chicago will take Williams and the Commanders are leaning toward Daniels. Thing is, the new coach of the Commanders supposedly wants Drake Maye. May be some internal strife and the owner may have to or already is getting involved.

It may all be total BS. Supposedly, if Maye is there at #3, the Patriots will take him. If not, they will trade down and take the Vikings offer of #11, #23, #108 and the Vikes 2025 first round and third round picks for #3 and #103. If JJ McCarthy is still there at #11, the Pats will take him. If not they take the best WR or LT available and go forward from there. Again, it's a guessing game.

Everyone supposedly has very reliable resources. My guess is that Mayo and Kraft are talking in tongues. It keeps everyone guessing and allows them, Wolfe and Groh to move in any direction without any obstacles. They keep creating rumors while they already know exactly what they will in any circumstance.
So the Pats have no interest in Daniels?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that he fits Van Pelts type of offense. He thinks 'run' the minute his primary isn't available. JMO.
Well if we trade down in hopes of getting McCarthy and miss on that then yeah WR or LTY makes sense

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ and Maye are going to need to sit.
Daniel is most ready to play.
Williams is most ready for the looneybin.
Nobody seems to have a habdle on Nix.
If we are willing to let them sit under a mentor, JJ and Maye are best choices IMHO.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ and Maye are going to need to sit.
Williams is most ready for the looneybin.
Nobody seems to have a habdle on Nix.
If we are willing to let them sit under a mentor, JJ and Maye are best choices IMHO.....
Is Daniles really most ready. Not sure that was a pro style offense the ran at LSU and he played one year as starter?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very arguable. Point is, the best QB's are not ready.....
Then I assume none are ready? Nix has the most exp of all. I do question his talent at the next level.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels shocked the entire audience yesterday at his Pro Day.

He measured 6'3-5/8" and.........210 lbs.

Every coach and scout was expecting him to weigh in at roughly 200.

Big question circulating was ....."Can he run like he did at 188? Is the weight fat?

He threw 50+ passes and didn't misfire once.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels shocked the entire audience yesterday at his Pro Day.

He measured 6'3-5/8" and.........210 lbs.

Every coach and scout was expecting him to weigh in at roughly 200.

Big question circulating was ....."Can he run like he did at 188? Is the weight fat?

He threw 50+ passes and didn't misfire once.
Fat? Why would that matter? Didn't we draft this guy?

1711637895650.png

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep telling myself we need to trade down, we need to trade down. Unless you get the feeling on the top three are or can become elite QBs in the NFL, trade down. The depth at WR is pretty damn deep. Trade down get the extra picks take the best LT you can grab at 11 through 15 then take a WR then QB if not QB appeals take two WRs take a shot in round three for best QB available and see what happens. Could be Penix or Nix fall to early third.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep telling myself we need to trade down, we need to trade down. Unless you get the feeling on the top three are or can become elite QBs in the NFL, trade down. The depth at WR is pretty damn deep. Trade down get the extra picks take the best LT you can grab at 11 through 15 then take a WR then QB if not QB appeals take two WRs take a shot in round three for best QB available and see what happens. Could be Penix or Nix fall to early third.

I agree. We are more than a QB away from being a competitive team. Load up on picks and get more talent on the Patriots

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We are more than a QB away from being a competitive team. Load up on picks and get more talent on the Patriots
And with an almost assured early pick next year and multiple picks added this year say 2 or 3 early round picks, you could move up if a QB just blows your mind.

For years we had the luxury of knowing we had Brady who made WRs better. We don't have the now we needs WRs that make QBs better.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with an almost assured early pick next year and multiple picks added this year say 2 or 3 early round picks, you could move up if a QB just blows your mind.

For years we had the luxury of knowing we had Brady who made WRs better. We don't have the now we needs WRs that make QBs better.
if only they existed :suds: