• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point barring some strange events at his college day's or the combines, I think the Pats take Maye
Depending on where they pick and who picks in front of them and most important, if BB is still with the Patriots, Things may not go anywhere near what we think right now.

If BB is still here, you know he will sell it.

If he's gone, Maye seems to be a logical pick. but one has to wonder if the Heisman winner might not look a lot like Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts and be the pick.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on where they pick and who picks in front of them and most important, if BB is still with the Patriots, Things may not go anywhere near what we think right now.

If BB is still here, you know he will sell it.

If he's gone, Maye seems to be a logical pick. but one has to wonder if the Heisman winner might not look a lot like Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts and be the pick.
The Heisman winner Jayden Daniels, looks a lot like Hurts - but there is only one Hurts.
Just like there is only one Brady.

I don't fall into the camp of deciding "who someone looks like"
In the words of my Grandmother, "he looks like himself!"

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayden Daniels was incredible this year. Passing and running. My only concern is his weight. Or lack of. He looks like our WR Tyquan Thornton.

Watching highlights of Caleb Williams… he has a lot of Patrick Mahomes in him. Weird throwing angles. Improvisation.

Maye reminds me of Herbert or Josh Allen. Tall. Big . Athletic. Can throw downfield with the best of them and he can run.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayden Daniels was incredible this year. Passing and running. My only concern is his weight. Or lack of. He looks like our WR Tyquan Thornton.

Watching highlights of Caleb Williams… he has a lot of Patrick Mahomes in him. Weird throwing angles. Improvisation.

Maye reminds me of Herbert or Josh Allen. Tall. Big . Athletic. Can throw downfield with the best of them and he can run.
Then there is no way BB selects him, if BB is still here and making the decisions.

Too many questions like athletic, weird throwing angles.

Did he have any knee injuries? That could sway his pick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mahommes.

I hate him. But man...

1703168087289.png

I forget who the receiver was, but I remember it hit him square in the chest 35 yards downfield for a drop in the endzone.
Not sure anyone can ever improvise like Mahommes, but big athletic Herbert's and Allen's enter the league almost every year.
A "safer" bet.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: If Maye goes before the Pats draft is anyone really interested in Williams with that high a picK? I am not, so I ask if Maye is the target an he is gone would you grab a LT or trade down

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: If Maye goes before the Pats draft is anyone really interested in Williams with that high a picK? I am not, so I ask if Maye is the target an he is gone would you grab a LT or trade down
Depending where they could trade down would be my pick if, big if, they could get an extra second rounder.

Otherwise, Alt or Fangua could be available and that's hard to wlk away from.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take Williams in a heartbeat. I read in the last 5 years the top 3 QB prospects to enter into the NFL are Trevor Lawrence.. Williams and Maye.

Williams stats are incredible. In 3 years he’s passed for over 10,000 yards. 93 Touchdowns to just 14 interceptions. Almost 1000 yards rushing and 27 touchdowns on the ground. Can improvise. Move around in the pocket like a veteran.

I’m taking him. But he will be gone by pick 4 which we are currently selecting. I’m going Daniels or top OL now. Nexts years draft of QB’s looks horrible. I love the wins. Makes me all tingly inside. But we did screw ourselves over.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this win, the Patriots are presently in 4th.

IF, two big IFs. The Patriots go to Buffalo and upset the Bills and finish at home with a win over Siemien and the Jets, they could drop as far as #6.

I think I'll start looking at them being at #6 and go from there. At #6, Williams, Mayer and Daniels will be gone so that being said, I need to eliminate 2 more players.

1. Chicago - Caleb Williams
2. Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr.
3. Washington - Drake Maye
4. Chicago - Joe Alt
5. NY Giants - Jayden Daniels
6. Patriots - Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn St or Trade the pick to someone drooling over Brock Bowers like Green Bay at #10,or #11 and pick up an extra third rounder.

Round 2 #36 - Patriots - J.J. Mcarthy QB Michigan

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personnaly, I'd trade down.
As I see it, there are no top tackles in this draft.
There are a lot of good tackles but none worth of a top 5 pick, IMHO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Lions, Ravens, Eagles and ugh, Dolphins this past weekend, I'm becoming more and more convinced that this Patriots' team must draft offensive line help with the first two picks in the 2024 draft.

It won't matter if they draft the second coming of TB12. If they don't solidify the OL, he'll become the reincarnation of Mac Jones.

No one ever knows if the top OL in any draft will become John Hannah, Joe Thomas or Dustin Woodword. Right now the two guards are Siddy Sow and Atonio Mafi. If Mafi hadn't been called for holding, no one would have known he was playing RG. They both need a bit more time and better coaching. Owenu was at RT and he's said after the game that no one has talked to him about coming back next season.

Can anyone explain why not?? Too many people are worried about their asses and not about the team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good draft alone won't fix this team's issues.
Hitting on a top CB like Jack Jones won't help if we can't keep him on the team.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good draft alone won't fix this team's issues.
Hitting on a top CB like Jack Jones won't help if we can't keep him on the team.....
"The pick-six Monday was Jones’ third in 22 career games, per the Raiders. It is the most in NFL history among players in their first 22 games"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to laugh when the TV commentator said that the Raiders had "raided" the Patriots roster. I could have sworn that he said that there were five former Patriots on that team.

There are also two or three on the ravens.

I imagine that every team has ten or twelve former players on other teams.