• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer to Reb's comment in the free agent thread.

Reb: We Better

Answer:
It can mean a couple of things.

* They will be happy with whomever falls to #3
* They don't want any of the top 3 QBs and will trade the pick
* They will draft MHJ and keep him
* They will draft MHJ and trade him

Or like someone on here suggested (I won’t say who, except he humped his cousin). Draft Milton in the 1st or 2nd round. Even though he’s 5th round talent at best.

“Draft MHJ and then trade him…..” uh…. Ok

:burt:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the crew at NBC Sports Boston, the Patriots and Jags are in a muscle tussle for Calvin Ridley. Jags have just about shot their salary cap wad and thought Ridley would re-sign on the cheap. ESPN predicts that the Patriots will bump their offer today and land him for 3/$51M-3/$54M range.

New England Patriots

New England Patriots

• QB Jacoby Brissett: Agreed to terms on a one-year, $8 million deal (Ian Rapoport)
  • RB Antonio Gibson: Signing a three-year, $11.25 million deal that includes $5.3 million fully guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)
  • WR Kendrick Bourne: Re-signed on a three-year, $19.5 million deal with a max value of $33 million. (Tom Pelissero and Cameron Wolfe)
  • TE Hunter Henry: Signed a three-year, $27 million deal that has a max value of $30 million. (Mike Garafolo and Ian Rapoport)
  • OT Chukwuma Okorafor: Signed a free-agent deal. (Team)
  • OT Mike Onwenu: Re-signing on a three-year, $57 million deal that includes $38 million guaranteed and a $22.5 million signing bonus. (Ian Rapoport)
  • LB Sione Takitaki: Signing a two-year, $6.5 million deal that can be worth up to $10 million with some likely-to-be-earned incentives. (Tom Pelissero)
  • S Kyle Dugger: Received the transition tag, which will pay him $13.8 million for the 2024 season. (Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo)

Patriots have nearly $60M left to spend.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the one that they want, we could trade back multiple times and load up on picks.

This is where the draft gets a bit confusing to me. If he's the guy they want and they trade back and load up on picks, what happens if somebody takes him before them?

There's a plan B, right?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the draft gets a bit confusing to me. If he's the guy they want and they trade back and load up on picks, what happens if somebody takes him before them?

There's a plan B, right?
Plan B is Brisett and take best QB available this year and next but real early next year

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots had 4 people at Bo Nix's Pro Day today and get this, the Bears had 8 including their new HC. If they're are so locked on Caleb Williams, why so much interest in nix's Pro Day???

Nix was outstanding according to ESPN. He threw 59 passes.

20 short, 28 medium, 11 long

the 11 long were all longer than 50 yards and his touch was incredible. He hit every receiver in the bucket.

If the top three don't have equal Pro Days, Nix may sneak up on all of them. Remember. This guys started 62 college games, more than any other QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots had 4 people at Bo Nix's Pro Day today and get this, the Bears had 8 including their new HC. If they're are so locked on Caleb Williams, why so much interest in nix's Pro Day???

Nix was outstanding according to ESPN. He threw 59 passes.

20 short, 28 medium, 11 long

the 11 long were all longer than 50 yards and his touch was incredible. He hit every receiver in the bucket.

If the top three don't have equal Pro Days, Nix may sneak up on all of them. Remember. This guys started 62 college games, more than any other QB.
A lot of pressure on that #one pick. Not a far trip from the windy city. What else do they have to do anyway?

Just doing their due dilligence while possibly setting a smoke screen. Maybe to see if other teams are thinking like you? See exactly how much they can drive that price up if someone wants the #1 pick.

Chicago doing something right.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington just traded Sam Howell to the Seahawks. I guess that ends the speculation about whether or not they'd be picking a QB, a WR, or trading back.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington just traded Sam Howell to the Seahawks. I guess that ends the speculation about whether or not they'd be picking a QB, a WR, or trading back.
Since they signed Marcos Marriotta and got rid of Howell, best guess is that they will be taking Jayden Daniels.

UNLESS, the Bears trade the #1. Then the whole Williams, Daniels, Maye could explode.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m seeing more and more drafts where they have the Patriots selecting JJ McCarthy…. I’m alright with it. Looks like they are definitely doing their homework on him. If they feel/think he’s the guy… do it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m seeing more and more drafts where they have the Patriots selecting JJ McCarthy…. I’m alright with it. Looks like they are definitely doing their homework on him. If they feel/think he’s the guy… do it.
Hope they're not caught up in "Well Brady was a Wolverine, so you know",

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't lie and say I haven't thought about that. Man do I hope we get this right.
JJ getting a lot of hype these days.

I was kinda hoping they could trade back, pick up an extra pick or two and still grab JJ.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ getting a lot of hype these days.

I was kinda hoping they could trade back, pick up an extra pick or two and still grab JJ.

I am of the belief that we desperately need a QB so while I like your idea I feel that it's not worth the risk. I'd take a QB with #3 and hope for the best. That said, if they could trade back and get the guy they want that would be great. I just don't know if it's worth the risk considering the absolute shit QB we've gotten these last few years.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m kind of all over the place with this draft. Grab a QB with pick 3 but not much help around him could be disastrous like with the Panthers QB Bryce Young. But Stroud didn’t have much talent around him and he played incredible. But if you have a chance at an elite QB you should probably take him.

I’m fine with Daniels or Maye or McCarthy.

But I wouldn’t mind trading back and get a couple extra 1st(Vikings) and get more talent across the board.

We have a lot of options.

First draft I’ve been excited about in quite a while.