• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is taking their shot. I saw a thing on the tube last night where Mayer is now the 6th QB of the top six.

It went Daniels, Williams, Nix, McCarthy, Penix, Mayer.

Click bait or some 'expert's' serious take? Who the hell knows. In another month this will be so beaten to death that we won't want to hear anything about anyone.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is taking their shot. I saw a thing on the tube last night where Mayer is now the 6th QB of the top six.

It went Daniels, Williams, Nix, McCarthy, Penix, Mayer.

Click bait or some 'expert's' serious take? Who the hell knows. In another month this will be so beaten to death that we won't want to hear anything about anyone.

I think it was Chris Simm's, or somebody like him, that put Maye at number 6.

He could just be looking to rile people up.

That said, it's a little crazy how the QB draft order that seemed set in stone a month ago is now getting turned on its head and becoming completely unpredictable.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Chris Simm's, or somebody like him, that put Maye at number 6.

He could just be looking to rile people up.

That said, it's a little crazy how the QB draft order that seemed set in stone a month ago is now getting turned on its head and becoming completely unpredictable.
You're right. It was Simms.

Funny how that stone suddenly becomes sand.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He best earn the veterans respect before one of them show him some disrespect. Mumma won't be around for him to cry to.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He best earn the veterans respect before one of them show him some disrespect. Mumma won't be around for him to cry to.
Sure hope he goes #1 or #2 so NE is tempted to draft him. Already acting like a WR Diva. He's just topped MHJ for the #1 diva wanna be from this draft class in my book.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up this Mock Draft with a ton of trades. I like Pratt in the 6th Round. Four twos, four threes and the holes would pretty much be filled. Again, this assumes nothing about what gets done in free agency. If the can pick up one OT, one TE, and a bridge QB, this looks like winner.

New England Patriots

#3 + #229 TRADE to NY GIANTS for #6, #39, #47

#6 + 104 TRADE to Arizona CARDINALS for #27, #35, #66,#71, #90

(1)#27 Tyler Guyton OT OKL
(2)#34 Jordan Morgan OT AUB
#35 JJ McCarthy QB MICH
#39 Chop Robinson ED PENNST
#41 Braden Fiske DL/ED FLST
(3)#66 Ta'Javion Sanders TE TEX
#68 Xavier Worthy WR TEX
#71 Jermaine Burton WR ALA
#90 Blake Fisher OT ND
(6)#136 Michael Pratt QB TUL
(7)#190 Christian Mahogany OG BC
Wow! picking up these future stars this late in the draft would be unbelievable.......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should prepare ourselves for a bunch of trades in this draft.

First, the Patriots have to sit down and agree on ONE quarterback that they love. Not take whoever falls to #3 because every f*ckhead rated him in the top three. I don't care if they love Milton, McCarthy or Daniels. If they have a guy that is their guy and he's one of the top 3 and falls to them, take him. Don't revert to 2020 and hope that the best guy falls to #3.

If their guy isn't one of the top consensus six, trade the #3. But make the guy your trading with be willing to give up his first born for it. Nothing less than a top 10 and 2nd plus a first next year. Or if it's the Giants, get their #6 and both of their 2nd rounders this year.

The best trade would be to tell ARZ that they are taking MHJ unless they want to give #4,#27 and #66 (3rd). Then sit back and wait to see who wants one of the next QBs available and squeeze them for picks this year. 2025, at this time, does seem to have a very promising class, so get as many early picks as possible this year and grab what you need.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched WR Nabors LSU clips from 2023. On four different catches, he had to stop to catch a pass.

That makes me start to question Jaden Daniels' passing. That's an invitation for an INT in the NFL. Also exposes the WR to a brutal hit. Nabors caught the ball in traffic and out lept defenders to get the ball. But why wasn't the ball leading him in stride???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched WR Nabors LSU clips from 2023. On four different catches, he had to stop to catch a pass.

That makes me start to question Jaden Daniels' passing. That's an invitation for an INT in the NFL. Also exposes the WR to a brutal hit. Nabors caught the ball in traffic and out lept defenders to get the ball. But why wasn't the ball leading him in stride???
4 huh?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 out of about 10 clips. It pretty much showed his ability to catch anything but ""I"" question why, he had to stop, turn around and outjump defenders. Why wasn't he continuing to run under the passes and cruise into the end zone rather than having to fight for a ball and taking hits in the open field.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 out of about 10 clips. It pretty much showed his ability to catch anything but ""I"" question why, he had to stop, turn around and outjump defenders. Why wasn't he continuing to run under the passes and cruise into the end zone rather than having to fight for a ball and taking hits in the open field.
Because it's an imperfect world. We could all watch videos on each QB prospect and find the same thing in each QB. Maybe the WRs ran the wrong route, maybe the throws were made in duress. Again for about the billionth time, the draft is a crap shoot. But if the Pats want to get with the modern game of football they have to consider a mobile QB with great arm talent, not exceptional you rarely get both.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure I could watch clips on Mr Brady and find 4 times a wr had to stop to make a catch.

If this gets out, Daniels might slip to the 7th round!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is he needs to be catching balls from Milton...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer to Reb's comment in the free agent thread.

Reb: We Better

Answer:
It can mean a couple of things.

* They will be happy with whomever falls to #3
* They don't want any of the top 3 QBs and will trade the pick
* They will draft MHJ and keep him
* They will draft MHJ and trade him