• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 World Series thread. Rangers vs Diamondbacks

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No One Page GIF

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes!!!

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes!!!

No New York teams, no LA teams, no Houston. I'm not surprised that few people are watching. Too many fair-weather fans.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No New York teams, no LA teams, no Houston. I'm not surprised that few people are watching. Too many fair-weather fans.
Smallish markets, no megastars, no compelling stories really, no surprise like you said.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smallish markets, no megastars, no compelling stories really, no surprise like you said.
And media delivery is in major flux right now. Lots of people are cutting the cord and there is no easy method of casually turning on the series. I don’t know how much that affects the numbers, but it certainly has some kind of effect. For example, I have no means of watching the series at all from home right now.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And media delivery is in major flux right now. Lots of people are cutting the cord and there is no easy method of casually turning on the series. I don’t know how much that affects the numbers, but it certainly has some kind of effect. For example, I have no means of watching the series at all from home right now.
Go to Walmart and get a $20 tv antenna and you can get regular old Fox. It'll even be a sharper picture than streaming and you'll see the action up to 30 seconds sooner

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to Walmart and get a $20 tv antenna and you can get regular old Fox. It'll even be a sharper picture than streaming and you'll see the action up to 30 seconds sooner
This is true. But this does not qualify as “casual”. Given my current setup, and my desired setup moving forward, this solution requires me to go to the store, buy hardware, clear out real estate somewhere near one of my TVs, physically connect the antennae and then figure out how to use it. None of those steps seem particularly difficult or a barrier, but as a whole, it is much more work than I wish to take on to CASUALLY watch the series.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not actually true. Texas has six All Stars including the second best hitter in baseball (behind Ohtani) in Seager. He was already a megastar with the Dodgers. Could easily throw Semien in there, too.
It's debatable that Texas is even a smallish market team at this point given the kind of coin they've thrown around the last two free agency cycles.
It anything Arizona is dragging the ratings down far more than Texas.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. But this does not qualify as “casual”. Given my current setup, and my desired setup moving forward, this solution requires me to go to the store, buy hardware, clear out real estate somewhere near one of my TVs, physically connect the antennae and then figure out how to use it. None of those steps seem particularly difficult or a barrier, but as a whole, it is much more work than I wish to take on to CASUALLY watch the series.
Well next time you replace a tv or buy a new one you should look into it. I'm sure there will be other sporting events that will come up. Plus as a bonus you'll get like 40 other over the air channels. Granted they'll all be reruns of McGyver (the first one), Quantum Leap, The Love Boat, Hardcore Pawn, Andy Griffith, Dateline, CSI Miami, Star Trek, The Rockford Files (that was just a quick spin around the dial) and have commercials almost exclusively for reverse mortgages, life alert and end of life insurance.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not actually true. Texas has six All Stars including the second best hitter in baseball (behind Ohtani) in Seager. He was already a megastar with the Dodgers. Could easily throw Semien in there, too.
It's debatable that Texas is even a smallish market team at this point given the kind of coin they've thrown around the last two free agency cycles.
It anything Arizona is dragging the ratings down far more than Texas.
Yeah you're a pretty biased poster when it comes to your team I've seen. No Semien isn't a megastar, nor is Seager. I'm talking about people casuals have heard of. Verlander, Ohtani, Kershaw, Trout, Betts, Acuna types

Arizona is a smallER market but market size isn't about money spent it's about how big your metro area is and how big your fanbase is. There are massively more Yankees, Mets, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox, etc fans than Rangers fans.

Argue all you want, ball don't lie. Lowest rated series ever and obvious why. Unless you have a better explanation.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas offense not missing a beat without Garcia. Baseball is simply random in short samples. Each game has little bearing on the next.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Dirt can put this thing out of reach

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s check in on Asstros Reddit as the Rangers go up 10-0

F9zz-VeW0AA042g

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're a pretty biased poster when it comes to your team I've seen. No Semien isn't a megastar, nor is Seager. I'm talking about people casuals have heard of. Verlander, Ohtani, Kershaw, Trout, Betts, Acuna types

Arizona is a smallER market but market size isn't about money spent it's about how big your metro area is and how big your fanbase is. There are massively more Yankees, Mets, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox, etc fans than Rangers fans.

Argue all you want, ball don't lie. Lowest rated series ever and obvious why. Unless you have a better explanation.
Scherzer is pretty well known

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the biggest comeback in World Series history?