• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Trade Deadline

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nationals. Those guys are sellers for sure.

So it's gotta be asked: what would you give up for Scherzer (and be realistic). That's kind of EXACTLY what we need for the playoffs, maybe even more than a closer. With Gausman shaky we could use a horse.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it's gotta be asked: what would you give up for Scherzer (and be realistic). That's kind of EXACTLY what we need for the playoffs, maybe even more than a closer. With Gausman shaky we could use a horse.
I would not be apposed to a Scherzer / Bart basic deal. They would need to send some money, and maybe a lotto ticket or two, but I think that makes sense.

The argument could be made that Bart isn’t even our top catcher prospect anymore. He might actually be our #3 catcher prospect.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was pulled from his scheduled start today. Not sure why, but that cannot be good during the trade deadline. He's going to cost a lot!

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be applied to a Scherzer / Bart basic deal. They would need to send some money, and maybe a lotto ticket or two, but I think that makes sense.

The argument could be made that Bart isn’t even our top catcher prospect anymore. He might actually be our #3 catcher prospect.
Bailey hasn't really gotten his professional legs sturdy yet. Who would you rate #2, if you count Bailey #1 (or vice versa)?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey hasn't really gotten his professional legs sturdy yet. Who would you rate #2, if you count Bailey #1 (or vice versa)?
I think Genoves has probably passed by both Bailey and Bart. I am not certain Bailey has passed Bart (he probably hasn’t due to his troubles and the fact that Bart has pretty much secured his place as AT LEAST a journeyman catcher).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Genoves has probably passed by both Bailey and Bart. I am not certain Bailey has passed Bart (he probably hasn’t due to his troubles and the fact that Bart has pretty much secured his place as AT LEAST a journeyman catcher).
I'm not ready to make Bailey anything more than the #3 rated catching prospect right now. He's yet to hit anywhere professionally. Until he does, he will be unlikely to get more than a cup of coffee in the big leagues, at best.
Genoves, to me, has been a sleeper prospect. He was solid in 2019 with Salem-Keizer and hit well with San Jose. He's struggling a bit, so far, with Eugene. I'd be okay with him as the #2 rated prospect.
Bart is only two years older than both Genoves and Bailey (Genoves is actually slightly younger than Bailey) and has hit at level but the big leagues. I'd still rank him #1.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to make Bailey anything more than the #3 rated catching prospect right now. He's yet to hit anywhere professionally. Until he does, he will be unlikely to get more than a cup of coffee in the big leagues, at best.
Genoves, to me, has been a sleeper prospect. He was solid in 2019 with Salem-Keizer and hit well with San Jose. He's struggling a bit, so far, with Eugene. I'd be okay with him as the #2 rated prospect.
Bart is only two years older than both Genoves and Bailey (Genoves is actually slightly younger than Bailey) and has hit at level but the big leagues. I'd still rank him #1.
I have heard “people in the know” RAVE about Genoves, though. It isn’t MY read on him that makes me think he has possibly passed up Bart.

Either way, Bart is not FZ’s, so he gets no benefit of the doubt. And with 2 more solid prospects coming up right behind him, and with Posey’s apparent resurgence, I think Bart is expendable.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard “people in the know” RAVE about Genoves, though. It isn’t MY read on him that makes me think he has possibly passed up Bart.

Either way, Bart is not FZ’s, so he gets no benefit of the doubt. And with 2 more solid prospects coming up right behind him, and with Posey’s apparent resurgence, I think Bart is expendable.
I forgot that Bart wasn't an FZ pick. That does change things, in terms of how he will be valued. And Posey's resurgence does play a large part on how Bart is viewed too. However, I do wish both the Giants and Posey would seriously work toward a move to 1st base for Posey in 2022, especially if Belt goes elsewhere. Then keep Bart to pair with Casali to form the new catching tandem. But I understand that prospects will be dealt in the next few days. Just hate it when it happens.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot that Bart wasn't an FZ pick. That does change things, in terms of how he will be valued. And Posey's resurgence does play a large part on how Bart is viewed too. However, I do wish both the Giants and Posey would seriously work toward a move to 1st base for Posey in 2022, especially if Belt goes elsewhere. Then keep Bart to pair with Casali to form the new catching tandem. But I understand that prospects will be dealt in the next few days. Just hate it when it happens.
And if we are able to add Scherzer to the top of this rotation (and add Wood or Webb to the bully), it might actually be worth it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we are able to add Scherzer to the top of this rotation (and add Wood or Webb to the bully), it might actually be worth it.
It's probably gonna take more than Bart but I agree he is expendable

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationals are asking for a lot. Red Sox have been talking to them for at least the past two weeks about Scherzer and they want the kid that just came up to the bigs, Juran and another top prospect. Ain't gonna happen.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be apposed to a Scherzer / Bart basic deal. They would need to send some money, and maybe a lotto ticket or two, but I think that makes sense.

We reaquired the Sac??

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier to the Padres

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replaced by Difo. Just went down about 5 minutes ago

To get Frazier, the Padres didn't give up any of their top four prospects. Infielder Tucupita Marcano is the team's fifth prospect, he'll head to Pittsburgh along with Jack Suwinski and Michell Milano. (per sources)

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO we are ok on position players, mostly anyway barring anymore injuries, so BP or SP should be our targets.

Hopefully we can avoid dealing any top 5 prospects.

IFWT*

1627380820599.png

In Farhan We Trust

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO we are ok on position players, mostly anyway barring anymore injuries, so BP or SP should be our targets.

Hopefully we can avoid dealing any top 5 prospects.

IFWT*

View attachment 275918

In Farhan We Trust
Deals are happening, hope we get a couple arms. A's got a nice reliever from the Cubs.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deals are happening, hope we get a couple arms. A's got a nice reliever from the Cubs.
Chafin would have been a reliever I would have liked to see the Giants get. There are a couple others on the Cubs, besides Kimbrel, that seem like interesting pickups - Ryan Tepera and Dan Winkler. However, Winkler would feel strange getting, primarily because FZ dumped him a couple years ago, without giving him a chance. He was doing well that year in AAA too, and he didn't get a look.