• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. 1 quality win vs the Bucks. 2 wins over lowly Atlanta. I loss to middling TWolves and 1 win over ? Grizz. That should very well be 3 lottery opponents, other than the Bucks.

Atlanta is not lowly and Minnesota had been playing very well.

They have had a great start despite missing their best player for 3 or 5 games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't it 3 games? or almost 5% of the season? or did he come back early?

He took a week off to spend with his family.

I actually find it refreshing to see a professional athlete act like a real human and spend family time instead of rushing back to his team while his wife/girlfriend is still in the hospital.

And 3 games in the NBA is less impactful than an NFL player missing 1 game. In this case, Butler’s absence may have even helped the Heat because it led to extended minutes for Herro and Nunn.

In other words, just quit while your behind instead of digging yourself deeper.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta without Young (as they were when Miami played them) is lowly. Agree no shame in a loss to Minny and they had a big win vs. the Bucks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually find it refreshing to see a professional athlete act like a real human and spend family time instead of rushing back to his team while his wife/girlfriend is still in the hospital.

And 3 games in the NBA is less impactful than an NFL player missing 1 game. In this case, Butler’s absence may have even helped the Heat because it led to extended minutes for Herro and Nunn.

I'm good with whatever a player does in this situation. His choice. No right or wrong way to approach it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup.

4-1 is 4-1 lol

And if they actually watch these games then they would understand the excitement. It has a whole lot to do what Heat fans are seeing from their team in terms of how they play together, the depth, rookies looking good, and seeing Bam and Justice put up really good numbers as starters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How dare Jimmy miss 5 days of work to spend time with his newborn

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy criticizing Jimmy for missing 3 games and 5 days of basketball to be with a newborn is hilarious. Get your priorities straight

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are the only team in the league yet to pickup a W.

Sorry @Bolts
Thanks, I couldn't have predicted the season starting this poorly even after suffering through all these losing seasons. Yeah there is still over 75 games left, but there's not a lot of reason for optimism with how the Kings have performed especially in 3rd quarters. And they also declined the option for Harry Giles, so the 2 players they got from trading back from 10th(with Mitchell on the board) could be gone by next season. He's still very talented and if healthy could be a big boost for them, but the injuries have really messed up his career. That's on top of Bagley missing a chunk of time with an injury. I don't want to be a debbie downer, but there is a lot of negative right now as a Kings fan and very little positive.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I couldn't have predicted the season starting this poorly even after suffering through all these losing seasons. Yeah there is still over 75 games left, but there's not a lot of reason for optimism with how the Kings have performed especially in 3rd quarters. And they also declined the option for Harry Giles, so the 2 players they got from trading back from 10th(with Mitchell on the board) could be gone by next season. He's still very talented and if healthy could be a big boost for them, but the injuries have really messed up his career. That's on top of Bagley missing a chunk of time with an injury. I don't want to be a debbie downer, but there is a lot of negative right now as a Kings fan and very little positive.

Yea i fully expected them to beat Charlotte

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel it's very early in the season to make predictions based on the outcomes so far. this is still preseason feel for a lot of these teams. all we can say for sure is the warriors will struggle to win 10 games and the sixers are the best team in the league. everything else needs further evaluation.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea i fully expected them to beat Charlotte
That and the Suns game seemed like ones where they should have had a chance, but got handled in the 3rd quarters of both and lost. They've been tied or leading at halftime 4 games this season yet only the Denver one seemed close at the end. Usually it's halftime adjustments to improve on how the team was playing, not throwing the stuff that worked out the window and trying different stuff that doesn't work.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the Suns game seemed like ones where they should have had a chance, but got handled in the 3rd quarters of both and lost. They've been tied or leading at halftime 4 games this season yet only the Denver one seemed close at the end. Usually it's halftime adjustments to improve on how the team was playing, not throwing the stuff that worked out the window and trying different stuff that doesn't work.
i have to ask, what the fuck is up with the kings so far? it's my brothers favorite team for reasons unknown (he was a shitty fan in the early 90s, Bills, Bulls, Braves) adopted the Kings because of Webber, Patriots because of Bledsoe, and think lost interest in baseball. Didn't feel like calling him up to be like, yo, your team is fucking it up out there.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a not a decision by Jokic to add weight.

He is way out of shape.

If he has said anything about his weight gain being intentional then he is lying. Because the weight he gained is not muscle and it isn’t helping him.

Did you ever pick up your bandwagon release form from @thunderc in the other thread?

I'd certainly give you more props if you was able to admit that you're a Lakers fan now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever pick up your bandwagon release form from @thunderc in the other thread?

I'd certainly give you more props if you was able to admit that you're a Lakers fan now.

Cute.

Never was a Warrior fan genius.

But I do like to predict which teams are real contenders. The last 4 years all roads went through GS. And nobody wants to waste time talking about the Wizards, so...

And for the record, while subject to change once we have a larger body of work, I think the Clippers and Sixers look like the 2 best teams to me. Don’t think the Lakers are coming out of the West.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to ask, what the fuck is up with the kings so far? it's my brothers favorite team for reasons unknown (he was a shitty fan in the early 90s, Bills, Bulls, Braves) adopted the Kings because of Webber, Patriots because of Bledsoe, and think lost interest in baseball. Didn't feel like calling him up to be like, yo, your team is fucking it up out there.
Haven't played fast despite having a team that should be running it, defense is not good, their top pick from last year is hurt, and the 3rd quarter has destroyed them in pretty much every game. But besides all of that and not winning a game so far, things are fine.
giphy.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem in a nutshell.