• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018! You motherfuckers ready?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take this the wrong way as I think Frost is a great hire but it's a little concerning that he brought his whole staff from UCF. He has dang near double the money to pay for assistants and he doesn't try and get at least a few new guys. Loyalty is nice but with more money you would think he would have tried to upgrade his staff. I'm guessing his guys are pretty good at recruiting Florida but do any of them have experience going to California or Texas and getting kids? From what I saw of UCF they had a killer offense but struggled defensively. If the defensive staff were marginal coaches against G5 talent Id be concerned about what is going to happen with some of the stronger offenses in your conference.

An Okie Lite fan talking about Defense?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take this the wrong way as I think Frost is a great hire but it's a little concerning that he brought his whole staff from UCF. He has dang near double the money to pay for assistants and he doesn't try and get at least a few new guys. Loyalty is nice but with more money you would think he would have tried to upgrade his staff. I'm guessing his guys are pretty good at recruiting Florida but do any of them have experience going to California or Texas and getting kids? From what I saw of UCF they had a killer offense but struggled defensively. If the defensive staff were marginal coaches against G5 talent Id be concerned about what is going to happen with some of the stronger offenses in your conference.
He brought with him the coaches that made it work there, it helps that frost and 4 others are from nebraska and the DC is from Iowa they know what to expect and know what used to work and know what is working today, now they have to recruit and coach. Considering the stuff coming out of the news about how horrible our previous staff was it is a wonder we won 4 games. Literally didnt even go 50% in practices... it showed on the field. Didnt read the rest of your post because well i know better than that

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Okie Lite fan talking about Defense?

Well we hate our DC too.

But you gotta ask why he doesn't upgrade the staff on the defensive side of the ball. Part of it is he is relatively new as a HC and he wants guys he can trust, but it's not like he jumped from UCF to Purdue. He should have had prospective defensive coaches lined up around the block to restore the blackshirts yet he kept a staff that from the outside looking in was marginal.

Again Im not trying to be a dick and if I'm off base here and you guys are kicking ass on defense remind me and I'll take my crow well done with ketchup. I think you should be asking the same questions though.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brought with him the coaches that made it work there, it helps that frost and 4 others are from nebraska and the DC is from Iowa they know what to expect and know what used to work and know what is working today, now they have to recruit and coach. Considering the stuff coming out of the news about how horrible our previous staff was it is a wonder we won 4 games. Literally didnt even go 50% in practices... it showed on the field. Didnt read the rest of your post because well i know better than that

Ok that makes a little more sense. I assumed he had guys who either had more experience in Florida or were what he could get with the budget he had to play with. If it's a staff that has a decent understanding of Big 10 football you might be better off than I first thought.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we hate our DC too.

But you gotta ask why he doesn't upgrade the staff on the defensive side of the ball. Part of it is he is relatively new as a HC and he wants guys he can trust, but it's not like he jumped from UCF to Purdue. He should have had prospective defensive coaches lined up around the block to restore the blackshirts yet he kept a staff that from the outside looking in was marginal.

Again Im not trying to be a dick and if I'm off base here and you guys are kicking ass on defense remind me and I'll take my crow well done with ketchup. I think you should be asking the same questions though.
Part of why the Defense was the way it was is because the offense is too high powered and scores too quick leaving the D on the field longer, that is a conditioning issue and in the 2nd year it showed improvement over the first. 0-12 2 years later 12-0... i dont care where you play, you cant go undefeated if your defense doesnt have a pulse. G5 depth and conditioning vs P5 depth and conditioning, not saying it will be easy or instant but given a 7 year contract i suspect by the time freshmen are seniors they will be well seasoned and able to play 40 minutes a game while hte offense scores 60 in 20 minutes of the game.

That is the hope anyway

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: who did Nebraska piss off?
@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@OhioState
@Iowa

Talk about screw job. Frost has it work cut out for him year 1.
LoL we have been getting the shaft since we joined the B1G when it comes to brutallity of scheduling. One of these years we will get a Wiscy or Iowa schedule with oour crossovers being MD, Rutgers, Indiana. When we first joined we were in the Legends, so we played all the Legends, and then we faced the best of the "leaders" in cross overs so wiscy and Mich St were there too. Next year is one of the rougher ones when it comes to home games vs away games and who we are away at

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we hate our DC too.

Ha. I hear ya.

Yeah, I would have liked to see a bit of a shakeup in his staff, but he is 100% behind them. This is his staff that turned a program around from 0-12 to 12-0 within 2 seasons. A first ever in college football history.

I'm just happy as a hooker in Vegas that we have a coach that can unite our fan base. Hasn't happened since Osborne left. Do or die time for our program. Either this is a home run, or we are exactly what everybody says we are, and have been, for the last 15+ years.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@OhioState
@Iowa

Talk about screw job. Frost has his work cut out for him year 1.

Looks like 4 opportunities to impress the playoff committee.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of why the Defense was the way it was is because the offense is too high powered and scores too quick leaving the D on the field longer, that is a conditioning issue and in the 2nd year it showed improvement over the first. 0-12 2 years later 12-0... i dont care where you play, you cant go undefeated if your defense doesnt have a pulse. G5 depth and conditioning vs P5 depth and conditioning, not saying it will be easy or instant but given a 7 year contract i suspect by the time freshmen are seniors they will be well seasoned and able to play 40 minutes a game while hte offense scores 60 in 20 minutes of the game.

That is the hope anyway

Its a big reason why the Big 12 has the perception it does. Your defense makes a stand and the offense scores in a minute-do that a couple of times and everyone is gassed. It's the reason why you see teams like us focus on turnovers. Even if you recruit well in the secondary people are going to get tired and then burned. You get a pick or two and a 49-42 game turns into a 56-28 game. You don't get a turnover and you are wondering how in the hell Texas Tech is still in the game when you've scored at will. The depth helps but unless you recruit like Alabama you will eventually lose starters to injury and end up a couple of redshirt freshman can out talent their brain farts.

For you guys it might work better than the Big 12. The only team that we have that recruits nationally is OU. Everyone else raids Texas. The problem with Texas is they have been pushing the 7 on 7 for so long they just don't have the defensive talent the southeast has. UT can overcome it if they can get a dozen of the top 30 guys on that side of the ball, but for the rest of us it's about grabbing 3* kids who you hope develop. With Nebraska if you can recruit defensive talent that is capable of stopping the run on 3rd and 2, you might see more success on that side of the ball when the offence goes fast.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a big reason why the Big 12 has the perception it does. Your defense makes a stand and the offense scores in a minute-do that a couple of times and everyone is gassed. It's the reason why you see teams like us focus on turnovers. Even if you recruit well in the secondary people are going to get tired and then burned. You get a pick or two and a 49-42 game turns into a 56-28 game. You don't get a turnover and you are wondering how in the hell Texas Tech is still in the game when you've scored at will. The depth helps but unless you recruit like Alabama you will eventually lose starters to injury and end up a couple of redshirt freshman can out talent their brain farts.

For you guys it might work better than the Big 12. The only team that we have that recruits nationally is OU. Everyone else raids Texas. The problem with Texas is they have been pushing the 7 on 7 for so long they just don't have the defensive talent the southeast has. UT can overcome it if they can get a dozen of the top 30 guys on that side of the ball, but for the rest of us it's about grabbing 3* kids who you hope develop. With Nebraska if you can recruit defensive talent that is capable of stopping the run on 3rd and 2, you might see more success on that side of the ball when the offence goes fast.

So you just give in to what everybody else is doing and hope to tag along when Texas or OU isn't all that good?

Sounds depressing to be honest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@OhioState
@Iowa

Talk about screw job. Frost has his work cut out for him year 1.

Looks like 4 opportunities to impress the playoff committee.

TROY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all forgot Troy!

SKOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!TROJANS??????????????????

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TROY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all forgot Troy!

SKOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!TROJANS??????????????????

Not only Troy, but we be playing Akron the MAC Runner-Ups this year as well as Colorado in our OOC.

We'll be alright.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When asked (Frost) about adjusting to the Big Ten his response was "I hope the Big Ten has to adjust to us" close enough to be a quote might have a word off. But yea. i am hoping for something inbetween what UCF runs and 3yards and a cloud of dust. (i guess a normal person would call that balance)

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked (Frost) about adjusting to the Big Ten his response was "I hope the Big Ten has to adjust to us" close enough to be a quote might have a word off. But yea. i am hoping for something inbetween what UCF runs and 3yards and a cloud of dust. (i guess a normal person would call that balance)
It's going to be Chip Kelly's Oregon teams 2.0. Nothing wrong with that imo ... those teams kicked ass.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Chip Kelly's Oregon teams 2.0. Nothing wrong with that imo ... those teams kicked ass.

We win a couple of Conference Championships and get to a National Championship game or two within the next 6 years I'll be having more sex than Charlie Sheen on a year long coke binge in Las Vegas.

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the brasky AD fire frost after he goes 7-5 in his first year? Frank Solich is laughing his ass off at brasky. Your misery is well deserved.