• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Roster Expectations

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

All details not in yet, but Arroyo and Span to the Rays for Longoria.

Why???

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods and Krook also heading to TB

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Sandoval stay on the 25, or is he kicked to the curb?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t hate the cost too much (I REALLY like Arroyo) I just don’t see the point of Longoria.

See I'm not an Arroyo fan at all.

And you saved money sending span. And didn't send Ramos.

Arroyo is a bit of a tweener. And his BABIP spike was a huge factor in his production spike who doesn't take a lot of walks.

I have to read up more on the other 2 arms.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arroyo is a bit of a tweener. And his BABIP spike was a huge factor in his production spike who doesn't take a lot of walks.

Krook is a HUGE lottery ticket. He has all the tools in the world, but has major control issues. On pure stuff, he might have had the highest ceiling of anyone in our system.

Woods is a guy who has been gaining some steam the last year or so, but I am not losing any sleep in losing him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My perspective of the trade is a bit skewed. I am a proponent of a tear-down rebuild. I just don’t think the org has enough ammunition to make a realistic push in the next year or two. So why buy an aging vet who will be an albatross by the time we might be a true contender again?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My perspective of the trade is a bit skewed. I am a proponent of a tear-down rebuild. I just don’t think the org has enough ammunition to make a realistic push in the next year or two. So why buy an aging vet who will be an albatross by the time we might be a true contender again?

I would agree with you in a vacuum.

They're running the risk of hitting that Phillies level around 2012. Maybe they already are.

But they too made the mistake of not giving it up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you in a vacuum.

They're running the risk of hitting that Phillies level around 2012. Maybe they already are.

But they too made the mistake of not giving it up.
Exactly. Why continue to accumulate rotting assets while purging your farm (as weak as it isn’t to begin with)?

In a vacuum, it is a good trade. But given the context of where the Giants are, it doesn’t make sense to me.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Why continue to accumulate rotting assets while purging your farm (as weak as it isn’t to begin with)?

In a vacuum, it is a good trade. But given the context of where the Giants are, it doesn’t make sense to me.

I think we're basically in the same boat.

We'll see how they do it, but frankly after their run earlier this decade i just don't doubt them. they were never close to the most talented them ever during that time, and it didn't matter then either.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're basically in the same boat.

We'll see how they do it, but frankly after their run earlier this decade i just don't doubt them. they were never close to the most talented them ever during that time, and it didn't matter then either.
But in 10 and 12, they had EPIC pitching, both starting and relief. And the offensive club in 10 that played in the playoffs was not the same team that put up anemic numbers in the regular season.

This team has the potential for a solid rotation, and the bully probably isn’t a solid bad as we all think, but the OF is scary bad. The infield defense should be right up there with Anaheim as the best in the game, though. That will be fun to see.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in 10 and 12, they had EPIC pitching, both starting and relief. And the offensive club in 10 that played in the playoffs was not the same team that put up anemic numbers in the regular season.

This team has the potential for a solid rotation, and the bully probably isn’t a solid bad as we all think, but the OF is scary bad. The infield defense should be right up there with Anaheim as the best in the game, though. That will be fun to see.

You had guys like Edgar Renteria, Aubrey Huff and Pat Burrell come back from the dead.

I was calling CDC to make sure it wasn't the zombie apocalypse. lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated for the Longoria trade...

Bumgarner
Cueto
Samardzija
Stratton
Gregorio

Melancon
Dyson
Smith
Law
Blach
Fernandez
Strickland
Gearin

Posey
Hundley

Belt
Panik
Crawford
Longoria
Sandoval
Tomlinson

Duggar
Pence
Parker
Williamson

I think there still needs to be some work done on the OF. Slater deserves a spot, and I think that one of, if not both of McParker will be traded/booted. Gorkys also may currently have squatters rights (we need 2 CFers on the roster anyway, and Parker doesn’t cut it)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

All details not in yet, but Arroyo and Span to the Rays for Longoria.

Why???

Woods and Krook also heading to TB

Does Sandoval stay on the 25, or is he kicked to the curb?

Well, so much for another of our prospects. Hope he does well with Tampa. I also hope Longoria bounces back offensively. His on base is rather scary. If the power isn't there, he's not much of an upgrade over Sandoval.

And yes, what happens to Sandoval? He's not needed any longer, unless Bochy gets his wish and Sandoval moves to 1st and Belt is moved to another team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so much for another of our prospects. Hope he does well with Tampa. I also hope Longoria bounces back offensively. His on base is rather scary. If the power isn't there, he's not much of an upgrade over Sandoval.

And yes, what happens to Sandoval? He's not needed any longer, unless Bochy gets his wish and Sandoval moves to 1st and Belt is moved to another team.
No way the tear down happens now with Longoria on board. Trading Belt right now makes no sense. His stock has never been lower than it is right now.