• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Roster Expectations

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time...

Blach
Cueto
Holland
Stratton
Beede

Dyson
Strickland
Watson
Osich
Gearrin
Law
Gomez
Moronta

Posey
Hundley

Belt
Panik
Crawford
Longoria
Tomlinson
Sandoval

Pence
Jackson
McCutchen
Blanco

DL
Bumgarner
Samardzija
Smith
Melancon
Fernandez

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time...

Blach
Cueto
Holland
Stratton
Beede

Dyson
Strickland
Watson
Osich
Gearrin
Law
Gomez
Moronta

Posey
Hundley

Belt
Panik
Crawford
Longoria
Tomlinson
Sandoval

Pence
Jackson
McCutchen
Blanco

DL
Bumgarner
Samardzija
Smith
Melancon
Fernandez

Moronta has not shown well, IMO. Needs to work on getting left-handers out.

I think Pierce Johnson has a real shot.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Johnson will be used in long relief. Gomez is probably up until the 10th, when they'll need to use a 5th starter for the first time. Likely Beede.

After a couple of starts, hopefully Shark returns.

The Giants' have solid relief depth on the 40-man, and I expect they'll abuse that as much as they can.

As far as Johnson goes, he's probably a short-term upgrade over Fernandez anyway. And I'm a believer in Gomez. We'll see.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Johnson will be used in long relief. Gomez is probably up until the 10th, when they'll need to use a 5th starter for the first time. Likely Beede.

After a couple of starts, hopefully Shark returns.

The Giants' have solid relief depth on the 40-man, and I expect they'll abuse that as much as they can.

As far as Johnson goes, he's probably a short-term upgrade over Fernandez anyway. And I'm a believer in Gomez. We'll see.
Good call on Johnson, I had forgotten about him. I assume that Melancon is being counted toward the active roster right now. Any word on how Blanco is added to the 40 man roster, in terms of a corresponding move?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on Johnson, I had forgotten about him. I assume that Melancon is being counted toward the active roster right now. Any word on how Blanco is added to the 40 man roster, in terms of a corresponding move?
My guess is Bum to the 60, but I will hold off on adding him until I hear the corresponding move.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They downplayed the injury this evening, so yeah as of now I think he's considered part of the "12"

Haven't heard on other corresponding moves. Could be Fernandez to the 60-day DL, but IDK if the Giants are ready to jump the gun there (yet).

As Cal noted, Bum is a likely candidate. Especially since he's already been ruled out 6-8 weeks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletes are so dumb sometimes. What is the point of pitching through this pain. He's done this two years in a row and it's blown up in his face

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletes are so dumb sometimes. What is the point of pitching through this pain. He's done this two years in a row and it's blown up in his face

Stealing money too

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its hard wired into their brains from a young age. Its a macho mentality, "real players don't let something like pain keep them from doing what they are supposed to do." "Sitting out is letting your team down, don't do that." That kind of short-sighted reasoning actually hurts a team because the ineffectively that inevitably comes from playing with an injury can cost games, delay the recovery time and possibly even cause worse injuries than if the player got checked out right away and got to getting better instead of playing.

I have to wonder how long he will be out now. It doesn't sound like something that will be a short stint on the disabled list.