• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. While I like Zubac, I think his ceiling is a solid backup. If he were capable of more, we'd have seen it by now.

I think Zubac's ceiling was as a quality rotation player back in 1996.

He is playing in the wrong era given his skill set.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either. In fact, I would have a problem with any player who didn't think their team could win, regardless of how realistic that is.

Yep. This is all I was trying to communicate to @Heatles84 this morning.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray is only 6'7
Dray plays with Durant, Curry and Klay.

...all are deadly 3 point shooters.

The Lakers don't have a guy as good as Klay next to Lebron, let alone one on Durant or Curry's level.

They have a death lineup.

Your lineup is more of a sniffles with sore throat...lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers don't have a guy as good as Klay next to Lebron, let alone one on Durant or Curry's level.

It will probably be more of a defensive switching thing with the Lakers. Obviously the scoring punch shifts towards the 5 instead of the backcourt. There is potential there in Zo/Hart/Ingram/Kuzma around Lebron that many teams could have issues defending them. Clearly not at the level of the Warriors, but that roster is borderline illegal LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably be more of a defensive switching thing with the Lakers. Obviously the scoring punch shifts towards the 5 instead of the backcourt. There is potential there in Zo/Hart/Ingram/Kuzma around Lebron that many teams could have issues defending them. Clearly not at the level of the Warriors, but that roster is borderline illegal LOL.
the problem is no one has to defend Ball, and Hart is FAR FAR FAR from any kind of proven commodity. You have 4 guys who are young and none of them are particularly good defenders at this point in their careers besides LeBron- who defends when he wants to.

Reactions: LAD

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone seen the convo that McCollum and KD had? KD basically laughs him off when he stated his team can win the championship. And then told him to not worry what happens at the top. Then McCollum tweeted that KD going to the Warriors was soft.

Yeah fuck KD.. I agree with McCollum calling him soft. KD couldn't win a ring on his own. Jordan didn't join the Pistons when he lost to them like 3 straight times (I know there was no free agency).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow.

You just did the Lakers like KD did McCollum.

#savage

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone seen the convo that McCollum and KD had? KD basically laughs him off when he stated his team can win the championship. And then told him to not worry what happens at the top. Then McCollum tweeted that KD going to the Warriors was soft.

Yeah fuck KD.. I agree with McCollum calling him soft. KD couldn't win a ring on his own. Jordan didn't join the Pistons when he lost to them like 3 straight times (I know there was no free agency).

Did you actually listen to it? Or did you just read it?

Because they were both laughing when that exchange went down. Yeah it was harsh, but it was also true.

And please. What do you think Jordan's conversations with Barkley were like? How many times do you Jordan told Barkley him and his team weren't good enough to threaten the Bulls?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zubac's ceiling was as a quality rotation player back in 1996.

He is playing in the wrong era given his skill set.

Agree. Like shopson said, 10 or so years ago, he's a promising young center.

But in today's game, you can play him for a few minutes here and there to bang a little bit, maybe get some scoring in the paint...that's about it.

If he learns to shoot the 3, he can be a poor man's Slowpez.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BfkDiegCEAASAXd.jpg

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually listen to it? Or did you just read it?

Because they were both laughing when that exchange went down. Yeah it was harsh, but it was also true.

And please. What do you think Jordan's conversations with Barkley were like? How many times do you Jordan told Barkley him and his team weren't good enough to threaten the Bulls?

I heard it and yeah they were laughing.

I bet thats what the Detriot bad boys told Jordans Bulls. But guess what Jordan didn't back down after losing 3 straight times in the playoffs. Sorry Durant soft with his move and calling McCollum a snake..

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in professional sports is job satisfaction totally irrelevant. LOL.

Oh you want to leave your job to work for Google? They're offering you the highest salary in your field and you get a great job satisfaction. No, you stay with your company otherwise you're a bitch.

Oh you're a chef and want to leave your successful restaurant to work in a Michelin star restaurant? No you'd be a snake for that. They're already a damn Michelin star restaurant, the hell they need you for? They're just ruining the restaurant industry.

Oh you and your coworkers aren't meshing and management hasn't found a way to make it work? That's totally your fault pal. Don't leave for a better opportunity because the customers will hate it. You owe it to them to stay and hate your job.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in professional sports is job satisfaction totally irrelevant. LOL.

Oh you want to leave your job to work for Google? They're offering you the highest salary in your field and you get a great job satisfaction. No, you stay with your company otherwise you're a bitch.

Oh you're a chef and want to leave your successful restaurant to work in a Michelin star restaurant? No you'd be a snake for that. They're already a damn Michelin star restaurant, the hell they need you for? They're just ruining the restaurant industry.

Oh you and your coworkers aren't meshing and management hasn't found a way to make it work? That's totally your fault pal. Don't leave for a better opportunity because the customers will hate it. You owe it to them to stay and hate your job.

To be fair this analogy is not perfect. In sports your job is literally to beat the other teams, so if you leave a team to join the team that just beat you that can be seen as soft. As has been mentioned, KD joins the Wizards and he doesn't get this kind of shit. He also of course doesn't win any rings. Also, most companies have far more than 5-12 employees, and a superstar transforms a team. If you leave to join Google, unless you are Elon Musk you aren't moving the needle much.

I'm with you, players should do what they like. Right now they've decided teaming up for rings is the way to go. Fans have a right to feel however they want about it but that's the state of the sport right now.

This article is a good one, I posted it in its own thread: Oh, You Won Your Ring On A Superteam? Big Deal