• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray plays with Durant, Curry and Klay.

...all are deadly 3 point shooters.

The Lakers don't have a guy as good as Klay next to Lebron, let alone one on Durant or Curry's level.

They have a death lineup.

Your lineup is more of a sniffles with sore throat...lol

You know what happens when you dismiss and ignore sniffles with a sore throat? It turns into pneumonia and you die! Lakers Death Lineup achieved. Warriors are screwed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is exactly the same.

Because in business it is literally your job to produce a better product/service than your competition.

So, if you leave your job for a better opportunity at a bigger company, you are a bitch.

Yeah, you're right. But there are huge differences between...

A) a drive thru worker at a Mcdonalds leaves for Carls Jr

B) A CFO of a mens clothing company leaves to join a tech software startup

C) The CEO of FedEx leaves to become the CEO of UPS

All 3 of those guys have every right to do whatever they want (assuming contracts and agreements allow it) and SHOULD do whatever will make them the happiest.

But only 1 of those examples is going to be viewed as a betrayal, and for good reason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He joined a team that he couldn't beat and choked against. That's all that needs to be said. I bet you be singing a different tune if the dubs lost to the Thunder and Klay was a free agent and left the Warriors to sign with the Thunder.

Second this is about competition. KD def is a snake for taking the easy route. He couldn't handle the pressure as evident by choking game 6.

Third no Michelin star restaurant is hiring just any chef.. especially one that works at Red Lobster.
I do not think any fan is saying that KD did not have the right to do what he did. KD absolutely has the right to make the choice he thinks is best for him and his family. And as NBA fans, we absolutely have the right to criticize him for that choice as it relates to basketball.

a i said... I am a fan- I am not grading him joining the Warriors on what was best for Kevin Durant personally- I quite frankly could give a fuck. I care how it effects the sport as a fan and how it fits in with everything else in the NBA. When I am evaluating it- I am thinking about the sport- not what was personally best for Kevin Durant- and no fan should be expected to grade it any other way than that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just unbelievable the drama and the bullshit you have to put up with playing with LeBron.

As a fan it is DEFNITELY worth it- thats for sure- but I can see as a player- where taking more money to stay in a situation where there is not a white-hot spotlight on you all the time could be tempting.

If George went to LA he woudl have had to take a pay cut, he would be blamed when they lost and not get the credit he deserved when they won. Kawhi will have the same opportunity. To take a paycut to go play with LeBron- or stay where he is, have a lot less pressure and more money, and get the lions share of the credit if they win- wherever that is whether its Toronto or Philly or even New York or Brooklyn, or for the Clippers.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DjDX_AKUUAAYykN.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.

I'm just being a hater....lol

I think the Lakers will finish anywhere from 3-6 and tap out in the 2nd round.

I think that's most people's assumption, other than the real haters that think they won't make the playoffs...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fucking scorching day here....

:gaah:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's most people's assumption, other than the real haters that think they won't make the playoffs...

I think they will but the WC IS stacked with 10 teams having the possibiliy to make it.

However, I think Portland takes a step back after over-achieving and Minny missing it with the drama thay have.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just unbelievable the drama and the bullshit you have to put up with playing with LeBron.

As a fan it is DEFNITELY worth it- thats for sure- but I can see as a player- where taking more money to stay in a situation where there is not a white-hot spotlight on you all the time could be tempting.

If George went to LA he woudl have had to take a pay cut, he would be blamed when they lost and not get the credit he deserved when they won. Kawhi will have the same opportunity. To take a paycut to go play with LeBron- or stay where he is, have a lot less pressure and more money, and get the lions share of the credit if they win- wherever that is whether its Toronto or Philly or even New York or Brooklyn, or for the Clippers.

He is getting the "lions share " credit when they win? BS.

RW will.