• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over under on Lakers wins at Vegas, from what I saw, is 52.5

Anyone want to take the over on a bet with me? 53 games or more you win, 52 games or less I win?

Also, I saw something that they think the Cavs will win like 35 games. LOL....Ill DEF. take the under on that shit. At least I HOPE so.

who wins more, the Cavs or the Mavs?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who wins more, the Cavs or the Mavs?
hmmm....probably the Mavs, though the West makes it tough.

I mean, it depends a lot on the approach the Cavs take to the season which we have not yet learned. If they decide to trade guys like Love and Korver, than the Mavs should easily win more games. If the Cavs decide to keep Love and try and get a playoff spot (which I hope they do not), then because of the conference, I would say the Cavs.

The impact of Deandre Jordan will be interesting to see. Him and Doncic could ahve some serious pick and roll action going- and if you surround them with shooters that could be prtty deadly. I really love what the Mavs are doing. There are not many young player combo's I would rather have than DSJ and Doncic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always give the best analysis'. You should be a writer.
I write a ton at work that is for sure.

When I started law school I was a decent writer. Going to law school and working in the law makes you a good writer after a while. Constantly writing motions, letters to the IRS on behalf of clients, emails to clients/opposing counsel, research memo's to the partners etc. definitely has aided my writing skills.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I write a ton at work that is for sure.

When I started law school I was a decent writer. Going to law school and working in the law makes you a good writer after a while. Constantly writing motions, letters to the IRS on behalf of clients, emails to clients/opposing counsel, research memo's to the partners etc. definitely has aided my writing skills.

I'm not bullshitting, most of your posts look professional compared to some of us ham bones that are spittin' broken English and triggered anger

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a rough year last year and definitely isn't worthy of another team picking him up at this point. I'm really surprised he hasn't just signed the qualifier. The Warriors are still thin at their back court spots and he could get significant run there. He played well at the end of the year but then he was injured by VC. Warriors still like him and think he can be a good piece for them going forward.

He's going to really need a big year next year otherwise he might be on the outside looking in trying to find another job.

Yeah.....1.3 million seems good for what he provided production wise.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes at the 4, Luka at the 3, Smith, Mathews in the backcourt and then Deandre.

You also have Greek Freak 3.0.

He's 6'11.

But, I see him as a wing.

Yeah, I bet Dirk comes off the bench for 23-25mpg.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over under on Lakers wins at Vegas, from what I saw, is 52.5

Anyone want to take the over on a bet with me? 53 games or more you win, 52 games or less I win?

Also, I saw something that they think the Cavs will win like 35 games. LOL....Ill DEF. take the under on that shit. At least I HOPE so.

@lebron23james thinks he Cavs win more games than the Lakers.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a couple articles on this and this is what I feel about LeBron playing the 5.

LeBron will be an absolute beast of a weapon when he plays the 5- assuming its not against some giant that can just post him up- and there are not too many of those left. It will let the Lakers go small and matchup against other teams small lineups.

The negative's I think are substantial. First, Draymond can do that for the Warriors since he is A. an All NBA defender, and B. is not tasked with carrying the offense. LeBron expends so much energy on the offensive end, asking him to play center against bigger players and taking that abuse will take its toll.

LeBron has fought his whole career to remain a perimeter player and has done so for a few reasons. First, he just likes being the guy with the ball at the top of the 3 pt line directing traffic, making plays, etc. Two, it takes a physical toll on a player when they are playing the 4 or 5 and taking more contact, fighting more for rebounds,

One of the reasons why I think LeBron has been so resiliant injury wise in his career is that he realizes this, and realizes the way he has played most of his career- being a perimeter player, and having shooters spread the floor- is a good way to reduce the hits he takes. Having LeBron at the top with shooters spreading the floor- especially big man shooters like Bosh and Love, helps keep LeBron injury free and fresh. When he drives the lane is mostly open.

Contrast this with him playing the 5- playing under the hoop, and playing against younger players that he is giving up height and weight to, with a team that does not have nearly the shooterse Cleveland and Miami had- so they can pack the paint even more. Also- the Lakers big men are pretty weak. There is no tough-ass garbage man like a TT, or to a lesser extent a Haslem, that is doing the dirty work on a nightly basis.

Now I think the Lakers can deploy LeBron at the 5 on a limited basis. Apparently in Cleveland last year he played the 5 about 1.5% of his time on the court. But I think if the Lakers believe its a good idea to play LeBron minutes at the 5 a substantial amount of time, they will eventually regret it because of the contact and wear and tear it will place on LeBron- who we of course know will be 34 in December, and is coming off 8 straight seasons of going to the NBA Finals- and probably averaging playing, what? 100 games a year after figuring in all the regular season/playoffs/Olympcis, etc.

7-8mpg is do-able IMO depending on the opponent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Sixers add Muscala and Korver- they more than make up for their loss of shooting losing Ilysova and Bellinelli- that is for sure.

Hopefully the Cavs can squeeze a pick or two out of the Sixers for Korver, and get Bayless' expiring contract for Korver's 2 year deal.

If the Cavs got a solid 2nd rounder, and an expiring contract for Korver, that would be a solid return in my book.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what a classy pro does.....in the best interest of the team when said veteran is obviously declining.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope so. Those old ass legs might not hit 20 minutes average when the season is done. I love the guy, and he's a stand up dude for restructuring his contract, but I don't even think he can jump 3 inches off the ground anymore. defense? forget about it.

I hope you're right DJ

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Sixers add Muscala and Korver- they more than make up for their loss of shooting losing Ilysova and Bellinelli- that is for sure.

Hopefully the Cavs can squeeze a pick or two out of the Sixers for Korver, and get Bayless' expiring contract for Korver's 2 year deal.

If the Cavs got a solid 2nd rounder, and an expiring contract for Korver, that would be a solid return in my book.

Yeah, that's some serious shooting....makes the Atlantic even more deadly than it already was.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Those old ass legs might not hit 20 minutes average when the season is done. I love the guy, and he's a stand up dude for restructuring his contract, but I don't even think he can jump 3 inches off the ground anymore. defense? forget about it.

I hope you're right DJ

If he can do what he did last season (12ppg and 5-6rpg) he's still a nioce rotation player.

And glad he's stayed with the Mavs his entire careeer......wouldn't be right seeing him in another jersey.