• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the Mavericks have a legitimate Power Forward at this point. Dirk maybe for 20 minutes a game. Then what? Dwight Mother F***ing Powell....that's who.

Reactions: TJL

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the Mavericks have a legitimate Power Forward at this point. Dirk maybe for 20 minutes a game. Then what? Dwight Mother F***ing Powell....that's who.
Barnes at the 4, Luka at the 3, Smith, Mathews in the backcourt and then Deandre.

You also have Greek Freak 3.0.

He's 6'11.

But, I see him as a wing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Sixers traded Justin Anderson and TLC for Mike Muscala. That works for me. Luwawu never really developed the way the Sixers had hoped.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a couple articles on this and this is what I feel about LeBron playing the 5.

LeBron will be an absolute beast of a weapon when he plays the 5- assuming its not against some giant that can just post him up- and there are not too many of those left. It will let the Lakers go small and matchup against other teams small lineups.

The negative's I think are substantial. First, Draymond can do that for the Warriors since he is A. an All NBA defender, and B. is not tasked with carrying the offense. LeBron expends so much energy on the offensive end, asking him to play center against bigger players and taking that abuse will take its toll.

LeBron has fought his whole career to remain a perimeter player and has done so for a few reasons. First, he just likes being the guy with the ball at the top of the 3 pt line directing traffic, making plays, etc. Two, it takes a physical toll on a player when they are playing the 4 or 5 and taking more contact, fighting more for rebounds,

One of the reasons why I think LeBron has been so resiliant injury wise in his career is that he realizes this, and realizes the way he has played most of his career- being a perimeter player, and having shooters spread the floor- is a good way to reduce the hits he takes. Having LeBron at the top with shooters spreading the floor- especially big man shooters like Bosh and Love, helps keep LeBron injury free and fresh. When he drives the lane is mostly open.

Contrast this with him playing the 5- playing under the hoop, and playing against younger players that he is giving up height and weight to, with a team that does not have nearly the shooterse Cleveland and Miami had- so they can pack the paint even more. Also- the Lakers big men are pretty weak. There is no tough-ass garbage man like a TT, or to a lesser extent a Haslem, that is doing the dirty work on a nightly basis.

Now I think the Lakers can deploy LeBron at the 5 on a limited basis. Apparently in Cleveland last year he played the 5 about 1.5% of his time on the court. But I think if the Lakers believe its a good idea to play LeBron minutes at the 5 a substantial amount of time, they will eventually regret it because of the contact and wear and tear it will place on LeBron- who we of course know will be 34 in December, and is coming off 8 straight seasons of going to the NBA Finals- and probably averaging playing, what? 100 games a year after figuring in all the regular season/playoffs/Olympcis, etc.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over under on Lakers wins at Vegas, from what I saw, is 52.5

Anyone want to take the over on a bet with me? 53 games or more you win, 52 games or less I win?

Also, I saw something that they think the Cavs will win like 35 games. LOL....Ill DEF. take the under on that shit. At least I HOPE so.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a couple articles on this and this is what I feel about LeBron playing the 5.

LeBron will be an absolute beast of a weapon when he plays the 5- assuming its not against some giant that can just post him up- and there are not too many of those left. It will let the Lakers go small and matchup against other teams small lineups.

The negative's I think are substantial. First, Draymond can do that for the Warriors since he is A. an All NBA defender, and B. is not tasked with carrying the offense. LeBron expends so much energy on the offensive end, asking him to play center against bigger players and taking that abuse will take its toll.

LeBron has fought his whole career to remain a perimeter player and has done so for a few reasons. First, he just likes being the guy with the ball at the top of the 3 pt line directing traffic, making plays, etc. Two, it takes a physical toll on a player when they are playing the 4 or 5 and taking more contact, fighting more for rebounds,

One of the reasons why I think LeBron has been so resiliant injury wise in his career is that he realizes this, and realizes the way he has played most of his career- being a perimeter player, and having shooters spread the floor- is a good way to reduce the hits he takes. Having LeBron at the top with shooters spreading the floor- especially big man shooters like Bosh and Love, helps keep LeBron injury free and fresh. When he drives the lane is mostly open.

Contrast this with him playing the 5- playing under the hoop, and playing against younger players that he is giving up height and weight to, with a team that does not have nearly the shooterse Cleveland and Miami had- so they can pack the paint even more. Also- the Lakers big men are pretty weak. There is no tough-ass garbage man like a TT, or to a lesser extent a Haslem, that is doing the dirty work on a nightly basis.

Now I think the Lakers can deploy LeBron at the 5 on a limited basis. Apparently in Cleveland last year he played the 5 about 1.5% of his time on the court. But I think if the Lakers believe its a good idea to play LeBron some minutes at the 5 a substantial amount of time, they will eventually regret it because of the contact and wear and tear it will place on LeBron- who we of course know will be 34 in December, and is coming off 8 straight seasons of going to the NBA Finals- and probably averaging playing, what? 100 games a year after figuring in all the regular season/playoffs/Olympcis, etc.

You always give the best analysis'. You should be a writer.