• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me picks along with 2 of Kuzma/Ball/Ingram, then sure.

But if I'm the Spurs, do I want to satisfy Kawhi's wish to go to LA. The only way he can go to the Lakers is via trade. If the Lakers potentially sign PG and Lebron, there's not enough money for a max. Depends on how much of an asshole Pop wants to be.
True.

But, at some point you gotta eat crow.

If, and that's a big if, the Lakers deal was the best, you gotta take it.

In order for them to get close to market value, they have to send him someplace he is willing to sign.

Teams taking the PG13 risk are not giving up multiple prospects and picks for a 1 year rental.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cfe.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more referencing Kawhi's background specifically in how nobody believed in him dating back to his HS days and even in San Diego St. It's been public perception that Kawhi is not a guy that trusts people easily and as soon as they violate that trust, it's basically impossible to get it back. Pop and the Spurs should've known better than to make public comments towards Kawhi's injury; particularly when Parker said his injury was a 100x times worth.
Yeah, great point.

Makes a ton of sense.

If he goes to the Lakers, I'm pretty sure they are getting LeBron too.

So, let's hope he lands with the Celtics.....lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me picks along with 2 of Kuzma/Ball/Ingram, then sure.

If Im the Lakers I keep Ingram and offer Ball/Kuzma/all the draft picks.

But I'm the Spurs, I'd much prefer Ingram to Ball.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But, at some point you gotta eat crow.

If, and that's a big if, the Lakers deal was the best, you gotta take it.

In order for them to get close to market value, they have to send him someplace he is willing to sign.

Teams taking the PG13 risk are not giving up multiple prospects and picks for a 1 year rental.

Here's the problem, I don't see the Lakers breaking the bank given the following:

If the Lakers aren't providing the Spurs with an adequate trade package, then why trade Kawhi to fulfill his requests? If the Lakers sign PG and Lebron this offseason, Kawhi would essentially have to wait until next offseason to go to LA. Problem with that, the aforementioned two would likely be on max contracts, making it more difficult for Kawhi to go to LA on a max himself. That's what I'm eluding to.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im the Lakers I keep Ingram and offer Ball/Kuzma/all the draft picks.

But I'm the Spurs, I'd much prefer Ingram to Ball.

If you have a trio (potential far-fetched dream scenario) of PG, Kawhi and Lebron then you don't need Ingram.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pops is going to send him to the East
If he's smart.

But, Kawhi has leverage.

He can sign a supermax this SUmmer.

If he doesn't, he's a free agent.

What are teams willing to give up for a 1 year rental?

Who's to say he won't sit out part of the Season again, or at least threaten to?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the standpoint of him actually extending, who outside of the Lakers or Celtics could get that commitment?

I'm not sold on Philly.

The Rockets don't have Shit the Spurs would want in order to suffer seeing him play in Texas.

Gotta be you are the Lakers....imo

Yeah the Celtics & Lakers seem like the obvious destination. Although if he picks L.A. I can't fault him for wanting to go back home. If that happens though I'll have to find a new favorite NBAer. The day I root for a Lakers player is the day I'll root for meeeechegan!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, great point.

Makes a ton of sense.

If he goes to the Lakers, I'm pretty sure they are getting LeBron too.

So, let's hope he lands with the Celtics.....lol

If Kawhi does get traded to LA, you can pretty much pencil Lebron to the Lakers. Those two together would be scary.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem, I don't see the Lakers breaking the bank given the following:

If the Lakers aren't providing the Spurs with an adequate trade package, then why trade Kawhi to fulfill his requests? If the Lakers sign PG and Lebron this offseason, Kawhi would essentially have to wait until next offseason to go to LA. Problem with that, the aforementioned two would likely be on max contracts, making it more difficult for Kawhi to go to LA on a max himself. That's what I'm eluding to.
Yup.

Big IF on what the Lakers give up.

Unless they know for sure they are getting both, I'd drive Lonzo and Ingram there myself.

If they are trying to lowball, no deal.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a trio (potential far-fetched dream scenario) of PG, Kawhi and Lebron then you don't need Ingram.
Def don't need him, but given a choice, he fits much better with that trio than Ball does.

Ingram/PG13/Kawhi/LeBron as your 1-4 would be crazy. They can all shoot and defensively, they can all switch onto any position.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Celtics & Lakers seem like the obvious destination. Although if he picks L.A. I can't fault him for wanting to go back home. If that happens though I'll have to find a new favorite NBAer. The day I root for a Lakers player is the day I'll root for meeeechegan!

If Kawhi does get traded to LA, you can pretty much pencil Lebron to the Lakers. Those two together would be scary.

Yes, my hate for the Lakers aside, he and LeBron would be FILTHY.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def don't need him, but given a choice, he fits much better with that trio than Ball does.

Ingram/PG13/Kawhi/LeBron as your 1-4 would be crazy. They can all shoot and defensively, they can all switch onto any position.
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Lakers get Leonard and James, how many Warriors fans will remember they are actually a Lakers fan?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Big IF on what the Lakers give up.

Unless they know for sure they are getting both, I'd drive Lonzo and Ingram there myself.

If they are trying to lowball, no deal.

The Lakers should offer Lonzo, Papa Ball + 1 more player. No way Pop turns that sweet deal down.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, my hate for the Lakers aside, he and LeBron would be FILTHY.

If he teams up w/ LeBron in duh Purple n Gold I'm boycotting the NBA.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should offer Lonzo, Papa Ball + 1 more player. No way Pop turn that sweet deal down.

Throw in towel boy LiAngelo and they got themselves a deal. Actually the whole Ball family should be traded to Milwaukee, they will fit in.