• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you, but I'm not even that old and now a days when I see a group of teenagers or college kids acting like idiots it irritates the hell out of me. Yes I know I was one of those assholes myself, but now I can't stand them. I used to have subs in my car and blasted that shit at 1 am through the residential streets, and now when I see guys doing that I'm thinking "fuck those guys".

Well that's how I envision a mental imagery of Lebron seeing this young Lakers squad. He can probably get over this particular incident because really it's not that big of a deal, but its' also a reminder for him what kind of dumb shit he's going to have to deal with from guys who may not be emotionally mature. That's not to say they're not talented, but having to deal with that for 9 months out of the year might not be something he wants to deal with.

It's funny. When I was in my 30's and 40's...yeah, teenagers/college kids annoyed the shit out of me. Probably because, at least when I was in my 40's, I had teenage kids, so it seemed like the house was always full of teenagers. lol

Now that I'm in my 50's. I usually just laugh and think, I remember doing some of that. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its stupid shit that can only devalue assets as potential head cases

Have you been the "Get Off My Lawn" guy your whole life?

Or is it something you had to develop?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. When I was in my 30's and 40's...yeah, teenagers/college kids annoyed the shit out of me. Probably because, at least when I was in my 40's, I had teenage kids, so it seemed like the house was always full of teenagers. lol

Now that I'm in my 50's. I usually just laugh and think, I remember doing some of that. lol
Maybe that's what it is with me.

My girls just turned 13 and 14 and the annoying factor has ramped up to a solid 10 so far this Summer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's what it is with me.

My girls just turned 13 and 14 and the annoying factor has ramped up to a solid 10 so far this Summer.

If your house is like my house was...not only do you have your own teenagers...but all of their friends seem to want to be at your house too.

We were teenager central for about 6 years. The worst was when the younger stepdaughter was in high school. She was a cheerleader.

Cheerleader conversations don't just make your brain cry...they make it scream and beg for mercy.

Gotta say...my wife was a saint during that time. Sometimes I'd get a text saying "You might want to stop for a beer or 2 on the way home. House is full of cheerleaders." lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your house is like my house was...not only do you have your own teenagers...but all of their friends seem to want to be at your house too.

We were teenager central for about 6 years. The worst was when the younger stepdaughter was in high school. She was a cheerleader.

Cheerleader conversations don't just make your brain cry...they make it scream and beg for mercy.

Gotta say...my wife was a saint during that time. Sometimes I'd get a text saying "You might want to stop for a beer or 2 on the way home. House is full of cheerleaders." lol
Lmfao @cheerleader conversations...lol

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been the "Get Off My Lawn" guy your whole life?

Or is it something you had to develop?

Calling it as I see it Trojan. I feel the same way about Brady's tom vs time crap and Gronk's antics. Its time to move on when players put themselves above team

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here is the chef

Julian-Edelman-Smoothie.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it as I see it Trojan. I feel the same way about Brady's tom vs time crap and Gronk's antics. Its time to move on when players put themselves above team
I think it just kind of shows the deteoriation of the franchise.

A single incident is nothing, but a common theme over the years is another. The Lakers of the 80's, then the Kobe/Shaq lakers and then the Kobe/Gasol/Artest Lakers had a certain sense of professionalism that the goal was winning and doing things the right way. That started wtih Dr. Buss. His sense of professionalism permeated the whole franchise.

Since he has been gone you have seen the losing, the infighting between Jeanie and Jim Buss for control, the Swaggy P/Russell Incident, the LaVar Ball crap, this incident with Kuzma and Lonzo. Any one of these by themselves is not a big thing. Taken together it shows a certain deterioration of professionalism and firmness of purpose that served the organization so well for so long.

In Cleveland we have the Indians and Browns. The Browns have been a joke. Poorly run. Bad decision after bad decision. Bad optics in the media all the time. While the Indians have done amazing things on a shoe-string budget. They are completely professional. Guys love playing there. They were able to get Francona to come to a small market because of how they are perceived as a great place to play that treats guys fairly, and does not put up with bullshit. The Browns are the EXACT opposite- or at least were before they recently turned over the whole front office and team. Now we dont know (but are hopeful).

Since Dr. Buss passed away the Lakers seem to be more Browns than Indians if you catch my drift. Maybe, like the Browns with Dorsey and Ron Wolf's son and Alonzo Highsmith they will turn it around just like the Lakers hope to turn it around with Pelinka and Magic, but seeing stuff like LaVar Ball spouting off to the media and this new incident with Lonzo and Kuzma would give me pause as a Lakers fan.

It is just like you are saying with the Patriots. Once things start to hit the media and cause controversies that have nothing to do with the game, that edge and rep they have cultivated for so long begins to fade a little.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just like you are saying with the Patriots. Once things start to hit the media and cause controversies that have nothing to do with the game, that edge and rep they have cultivated for so long begins to fade a little

In my mind its time to move on from Tom Brady here. Some people say he has changed his operanda in reaction to Bill's behavior around the deflate gate or the trainer issue, and that may be true. But it feels to me that his priorities seem amiss. and BTW I have not watched one of those Tom vs time videos. wont do it

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it just kind of shows the deteoriation of the franchise.

A single incident is nothing, but a common theme over the years is another. The Lakers of the 80's, then the Kobe/Shaq lakers and then the Kobe/Gasol/Artest Lakers had a certain sense of professionalism that the goal was winning and doing things the right way. That started wtih Dr. Buss. His sense of professionalism permeated the whole franchise.

Since he has been gone you have seen the losing, the infighting between Jeanie and Jim Buss for control, the Swaggy P/Russell Incident, the LaVar Ball crap, this incident with Kuzma and Lonzo. Any one of these by themselves is not a big thing. Taken together it shows a certain deterioration of professionalism and firmness of purpose that served the organization so well for so long.

In Cleveland we have the Indians and Browns. The Browns have been a joke. Poorly run. Bad decision after bad decision. Bad optics in the media all the time. While the Indians have done amazing things on a shoe-string budget. They are completely professional. Guys love playing there. They were able to get Francona to come to a small market because of how they are perceived as a great place to play that treats guys fairly, and does not put up with bullshit. The Browns are the EXACT opposite- or at least were before they recently turned over the whole front office and team. Now we dont know (but are hopeful).

Since Dr. Buss passed away the Lakers seem to be more Browns than Indians if you catch my drift. Maybe, like the Browns with Dorsey and Ron Wolf's son and Alonzo Highsmith they will turn it around just like the Lakers hope to turn it around with Pelinka and Magic, but seeing stuff like LaVar Ball spouting off to the media and this new incident with Lonzo and Kuzma would give me pause as a Lakers fan.

It is just like you are saying with the Patriots. Once things start to hit the media and cause controversies that have nothing to do with the game, that edge and rep they have cultivated for so long begins to fade a little.
Seems like you have time for us now, gonna put up that avi or nah?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you have time for us now, gonna put up that avi or nah?
i will tonight. Who should i do first you or tlance? I know tlance siad he would wait but either is fine for me. I dont want to save it to my desktop at work currently.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long day today.....working till 4pm (usuallly leave between 1-2pm) and then catching the Metrolink to San Juan Capistrano to spend this weekend with my dad for Fathers Day. Coming back Monday in the AM and heading straight to work from the Metrolink station.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will tonight. Who should i do first you or tlance? I know tlance siad he would wait but either is fine for me. I dont want to save it to my desktop at work currently.
Do his first, I forgot I need to find one for you LOL