• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 HOF ballot

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Fame announces Modern Baseball Era ballot

I'd vote for Miller, Trammell and Tiant. Maybe Simmons. But I have a feeling that Morris will be the only one that makes it.

I never understood the modern baseball era ballot... none of these players were thought to be good enough when originally eligible to make the HOF... why are they now?? and then all that happens is that people start saying well now that whitaker is in the HOF so should Manny Aybar(totally random player chosen)...

sidebar- is Fernando Tatis' 2 grandslam in one inning in the HOF?? not the player, of course Tatis will never be a HOFer, but that could be the best record in baseball history...

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Morris. Time for him

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only knock is his longevity (<2800 innings) but him having 6-7 Cy caliber seasons (likely would've been 8 if he didn't get hit by a line drive in 2005) should be more than enough dominance.
SP just don’t have longevity anymore. The rise of the BP has changed the game in that regard.

The bar for pitchers, imho, has fallen because you just don’t see 300 inning seasons or 20 year careers anymore. Pitchers burn out faster in today’s game.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've always thought a few of those guys on the modern list should get into the Hall of Fame. Be interesting to see if any of them make it now with the new modern era ballot.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the modern baseball era ballot... none of these players were thought to be good enough when originally eligible to make the HOF... why are they now?? and then all that happens is that people start saying well now that whitaker is in the HOF so should Manny Aybar(totally random player chosen)...

sidebar- is Fernando Tatis' 2 grandslam in one inning in the HOF?? not the player, of course Tatis will never be a HOFer, but that could be the best record in baseball history...
Well it's very difficult for players to get in via the Veteran's Committee ballots anyway. I don't think there is anything wrong with looking back and wondering if they made a mistake in not inducting a player. And in Trammell's last ballot, 40% of voters DID believe he was good enough. There's no harm in asking the question "were we wrong back then?" 15 and 10 years is an arbitrary cutoff anyway.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's very difficult for players to get in via the Veteran's Committee ballots anyway. I don't think there is anything wrong with looking back and wondering if they made a mistake in not inducting a player. And in Trammell's last ballot, 40% of voters DID believe he was good enough. There's no harm in asking the question "were we wrong back then?" 15 and 10 years is an arbitrary cutoff anyway.

Howz about Italy?

Wow