• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Free Agents WR

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do they bring back, if any?

Cameron Meredith
Dontrelle Inman
Kendall Wright
Josh Bellamy

I was subtlety getting excited about Meredith before he went down. Inman was clearly the No. 1 after his late-arrival. Bellamy is cheap and plays special teams, so I could see him staying. I think Wright may be out with the potential addition of Albert Wilson.

I would like to see what Trubisky can do with Meredith, Inman and I know I'll get killed for this, but even Kevin White. Maybe a good QB, (which I believe Mitch is and will be) can resuscitate a career.
BD, I agree with you 100%.

As for the Antonio Brown discussion, comparing anyone to Brown is setting the bar a little unrealistically high.
That said, Brown was a lowly 6th round pick.
And he's actually a "little" guy at 5-10.
Proving that round and size mean nothing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the combine results come in, I am starting to lose interest in Calvin Ridley. His 40 time was a 4.44, which isn’t bad, but it isn’t quite good either. He’s got smaller hands and is known for dropping passes. He’s not necessarily big either. I’d rather take a flyer on someone later on in the draft and address our front line of WRs via free agency. I guess that puts me on the Nelson bandwagon for now. If he doesn’t slip to us, we should take the best defensive player available. I like Ward and Fitzpatrick too.

Yeah, I'm off Ridley.

OL, Edmunds or a pass rusher

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916194/article/dez-bryant-jordy-nelson-among-nfc-cut-candidates

2) Jordy Nelson OR Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers: This is shaping up as an either/or scenario. Green Bay handed receiver Davante Adams a big extension in December, and it would surprising to see the Packers bring back their top three receivers for more than $35 million. Nelson, who caught 53 passes for 482 yards in his 10th NFL season, might best be used out of the slot at this stage of his career -- but that's where Cobb lines up. Nelson could be open to taking a pay cut, which might be required for either player to return. Of course, Aaron Rodgers' head might explode if the Packers get rid of both Nelson and Cobb.

I`m not on the Ridley bandwagon either......too short and does not weigh enough to take any bonafide NFL hits in my opinion......

But I had read awhile back of Jordy nelson may get cut........I don`t think GB wil do that,but the article also said Cobb could be a candidate.........now if this were to happen,I`d take either one of these two..............I would love to give back to GB what they have done to us.......And who wouldn`t wanna see ARs head explode.........:D

Would imagine Rodgers would prefer they keep Jordy, but who knows?

Yeah, Nelson had a crap season, but I don't think it was EVER a big secret that a large part of Jordy Nelson's success is his symbiosis with Rodgers, so now that he's healthy?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Nelson had a crap season, but I don't think it was EVER a big secret that a large part of Jordy Nelson's success is his symbiosis with Rodgers, so now that he's healthy?
Why would an old Wr that has lost a step maybe or soon will be losing a step wish to break in a brand new QB. If I were Nelson, I'd go knocking on Belechek's door at NE. See if I could squeeze another ring out of the entire career. I don't think GB is close to winning anyone another ring.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would an old Wr that has lost a step maybe or soon will be losing a step wish to break in a brand new QB. If I were Nelson, I'd go knocking on Belechek's door at NE. See if I could squeeze another ring out of the entire career. I don't think GB is close to winning anyone another ring.

Is Rodgers going somewhere? Or did you see anywhere in my post where I suggested the Bears go get Jordy?

The only thing my post was suggesting was the reason why the Packers would keep Nelson ovdr Cobb. That is it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rodgers going somewhere? Or did you see anywhere in my post where I suggested the Bears go get Jordy?

The only thing my post was suggesting was the reason why the Packers would keep Nelson ovdr Cobb. That is it.
Sorry, got confused on which board I was on and where I was... but um, in my opinion the Bears should not look at any GB cast offs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordy hasn't even had all that much success WITH Rodgers since the 2015 injury. He's struggled to get separation. Still a reliable red zone target, but he used to be able to stretch the field... and that is gone.

They did the right thing by spending on Adams.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we are talking about the number 8 pick.

As stated above, I'm not super-keen on the idea of WR in the top 10. If they do decide that, I want him to be beastly af. Maybe that doesn't necessarily mean he's 6'4", but he better be the next Antonio Brown, if not.

And how exactly do you guarantee that dumb dumb?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how exactly do you guarantee that dumb dumb?
You don't, stupid.

It was a tongue in cheek comment meant to solidify the idea that I don't like a WR at 8.

Maybe you should stop being a cunt for two seconds, and work on your reading comprehension skills.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't, stupid.

It was a tongue in cheek comment meant to solidify the idea that I don't like a WR at 8.

Maybe you should stop being a cunt for two seconds, and work on your reading comprehension skills.

So just come out and say you wouldn't take a WR at 8 period. Don't hedge your bet and say unless (insert something impossible to do here). So then later when a stud WR emerges from this draft you could come back and say, unless it was that guy. And this notion that you wouldn't take a WR in the top 10 is something you never said previously. Obviously my intelligence is influencing you.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just come out and say you wouldn't take a WR at 8 period. Don't hedge your bet and say unless (insert something impossible to do here). So then later when a stud WR emerges from this draft you could come back and say, unless it was that guy. And this notion that you wouldn't take a WR in the top 10 is something you never said previously. Obviously my intelligence is influencing you.

First, don't tell me what to do.

Second, you're a faggot.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy hasn't even had all that much success WITH Rodgers since the 2015 injury. He's struggled to get separation. Still a reliable red zone target, but he used to be able to stretch the field... and that is gone.

They did the right thing by spending on Adams.

Agree on Adams, but...

Jordy in 2016 is "Not that much success"?

97 Catches for 1257 yards and 14 TDs ?

Geezus, what IS "successful" to you then?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Adams, but...

Jordy in 2016 is "Not that much success"?

97 Catches for 1257 yards and 14 TDs ?

Geezus, what IS "successful" to you then?

Yeah, you're right. I forgot how good of an initial bounce back he had. I think his lackluster performance last year drowned that out for me. Good call.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Ridley is 24, and is sub 10 percentile in athleticism. One of the worst SPARQ receivers in a while. Stay away from this guy like the plague. This guy screams bust/overvalued to me.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're right. I forgot how good of an initial bounce back he had. I think his lackluster performance last year drowned that out for me. Good call.

And I would agree with you that I don't want the Bears to sign him if the Pack let's him go either. :)