• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Free Agents WR

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there are any WR's nearly as good as Antonio Brown in the 2018 draft.
No one believes there are any WRs as good as Antonio Brown in any draft ever. Those are lofty expectations for a rookie. A player gets as good as brown based off of how they respond to becoming a pro. That’s something you just can’t get a feel for following their college career.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown wasn’t universally seen as being great pre nfl either. Sure some liked him but others saw flaws. The draft is always somewhat of a crapshoot.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there are any WR's nearly as good as Antonio Brown in the 2018 draft.

Of course, I don't believe anyone thought Antonio Brown was going to be "Antonio Brown" when he was drafted either, so... ;)

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown wasn’t universally seen as being great pre nfl either. Sure some liked him but others saw flaws. The draft is always somewhat of a crapshoot.

Oh, never mind. Shoulda kept reading... :D

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Ridley does a lot of good things. However, I get worried about taking a WR this early who isn't that 6'4 225 prototype. I know Nagy's offense is more built around speed guys on the outside, but I just think those guys are typically there in the 2nd/3rd.

It is a good class for O-line and we just brought in Hiestand who has a couple of his boys coming out from ND. We have talent up front, but Sitton and Long are far from sure things going forward. Might be good to protect our investment in Trubisky first, and hope a guy like Kirk is there in the 2nd.

I'm kinda agreeing with this now... Didn't realize Kirk was only 5'11" (Which means he's probably 5'9" in actuality)... So yeah, I don't see any slam dunk WR to be taking at #8 overall. Trade back for additional picks and take a WR? Sure!

Maybe wait until the second round and take one of Sutton, St. Brown or Auden Tate? All BIG targets and maybe sign a FA and then a late round flyer as well?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a very impressive draft class as far as WR's go. There is some good value in the midrounds, however. More depth than creme. My personal favorites would be DJ Chark and Dante Pettis right now, but we will have to see how that pans out. Unfortunately it's a lot of the same story with the FA class this year.

Jarvis Landry

Jarvis Landry is wildly overrated (it does look like the Phins are gonna try to trade him) so I can't say I would be motivated to expend the draft capital to get him and his future contract on top of it. You don't want to be the guy who pays Landry, with less than 10 yards a catch, 14M a pop. There are a bunch of players on this list that can do what Landry brings, ultimately. This is not a guy who is a gamechanger, which is fine, but his contract makes him persona non grata as far as I am concerned.

Mike Wallace

Not worth the contract for a guy with a limited route tree for where this team is right now. Just got to say no. Better off going younger and more diverse. This is the opposite kind of guy we ought to be looking for as a FA WR.

Paul Richardson
As a WR2 I don't mind, I just wonder what his contract looks like. The age and fit wouldn't be half bad. Just wouldn't move the needle much for me.

Marqise Lee
I liked him back in the draft, and I think if you want to "overpay" this is the guy you might want to do it with. I think he has a shot to blow up somewhere. I thought he was sneaky good this year with the Jags.

Danny Amendola
Not sure you couldn't find younger and similarly valued mid-level receivers on this list.

Kendall Wright
Meh, being 28 hurts him for this team when he isn't a chip you can count on past 30.

Sammy Watkins
Little chance he is worth the contract he is going to demand and get. Nice WR, just don't think the Bears are the fit for him right now.

Ryan Grant
Meh, there are several WR's currently in the mid rounds that can produce or do similar things to Grant does. DJ Chark being one that comes to mind as a possession receiver.

Eric Decker

Completely done. If signed, he needs to be a camp body.

Deonte Thompson

Sucks, also too old for this team.

Albert Wilson

This player I am very familiar with, Nagy as well probably. He does a lot of the same stuff that Richardson and Amendola can do out of the slot and is plenty fast at a 4.43. He had a very sneaky efficient year in terms of yards per catch, separation, missed tackles, and YAC. However, he is small, can have gator arms on more vertical throws. There's also the really puzzling canyon between his 2016 (awful) and 2017 (sneaky good) seasons which honestly are hard to explain. Best guess is he can be pretty solid with help around him and pick up the pieces. Had a 77 grade I believe this past year. If his market stays under 5M, this seems like a pretty likely Bears target to me. Some real risk here, unfortunately. The contract would be a tolerable risk for this team given he is 25. If it pans out, you have a great value.

Jaron Brown

Meh, outside of being fast I don't see much throwing money or time at here.

Donte Moncrief

Outside of age, see above

Taylor Gabriel
Pretty much just a gadget guy. Not that interesting. Already guys that can give you WR snaps and give window dressing if you really wanted to.

Josh Bellamy
No.

Dontrelle Inman
I like his routerunning, but meh. He didn't ever move the needle with the Chargers and he won't here either. He's filler until you find younger and more talented WR's.

John Brown
I would check this guy out as he does have a 1000 yard year under his belt. Might be some value here. Would depend on how much he wants.

Cody Latimer
Meh, he's been pretty bad until he kinda sorta came to life towards the very end of his Denver tenure. Not much there to get excited about.

Jordan Matthews
I'd poke around to see what he wants, but this very muchso a ham and egg guy as a WR2.

Terrelle Pryor / 28 / WAS / 240 / $6,000,000
Tavarres King / 27 / NYG / 240 / $645,000
Michael Campanaro / 26 / BAL / 173 / $1,200,000
De'Anthony Thomas / 25 / KC / 143 / $666,277
Kamar Aiken / 28 / IND / 133 / $2,600,000
Brenton Bersin / 27 / CAR / 128 / $690,000
Louis Murphy / 30 / SF / 121 / $900,000
Kaelin Clay / 26 / CAR / 85 / $540,000
Brandon Tate / 30 / BUF / 81 / $1,010,000
Michael Floyd / 28 / MIN / 78 / $1,410,000
Brian Quick / 28 / WAS / 76 / $855,000
Brittan Golden / 29 / ARI / 70 / $645,000
Nick Williams / 27 / ATL / 30 / $645,000
Justin Hunter / 26 / PIT / 23 / $855,000

Wouldn't even consider any of the above in any capacity.

Allen Robinson / 24 / JAC / 17 / $877,718

Yes, just yes. Merely a question of how much you want to pay him and if he'd bite. Would be a WR1 the Bears need while leaving plenty of room in the mid rounds to grab a WR2. This is of course before Meredith, but there's plenty of incentive to be aggressive with surrounding Trubisky with weapons at this point in time.

Andre Roberts / 30 / ATL / 12 / $1,800,000
Jeff Janis / 26 / GB / 12 / $567,848
Harry Douglas / 32 / TEN / 8 / $3,750,000
Eric Weems / 32 / TEN / 5 / $1,000,000
Matthew Slater / 32 / NE / 0 / $1,800,000
Charles Johnson / 28 / CAR / 0 / $1,675,000
Jeremy Butler / 26 / BUF / 0 / $625,000
Another bunch of nope.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a very impressive draft class as far as WR's go. There is some good value in the midrounds, however. More depth than creme. My personal favorites would be DJ Chark and Dante Pettis right now, but we will have to see how that pans out. Unfortunately it's a lot of the same story with the FA class this year.

Jarvis Landry is wildly overrated (it does look like the Phins are gonna try to trade him) so I can't say I would be motivated to expend the draft capital to get him and his future contract on top of it. You don't want to be the guy who pays Landry, with less than 10 yards a catch, 14M a pop. There are a bunch of players on this list that can do what Landry brings, ultimately. This is not a guy who is a gamechanger, which is fine, but his contract makes him persona non grata as far as I am concerned.

Not worth the contract for a guy with a limited route tree for where this team is right now. Just got to say no. Better off going younger and more diverse. This is the opposite kind of guy we ought to be looking for as a FA WR.

As a WR2 I don't mind, I just wonder what his contract looks like. The age and fit wouldn't be half bad. Just wouldn't move the needle much for me.

I liked him back in the draft, and I think if you want to "overpay" this is the guy you might want to do it with. I think he has a shot to blow up somewhere. I thought he was sneaky good this year with the Jags.

Not sure you couldn't find younger and similarly valued mid-level receivers on this list.

Meh, being 28 hurts him for this team when he isn't a chip you can count on past 30.

Little chance he is worth the contract he is going to demand and get. Nice WR, just don't think the Bears are the fit for him right now.

Meh, there are several WR's currently in the mid rounds that can produce or do similar things to Grant does. DJ Chark being one that comes to mind as a possession receiver.

This player I am very familiar with, Nagy as well probably. He does a lot of the same stuff that Richardson and Amendola can do out of the slot and is plenty fast at a 4.43. He had a very sneaky efficient year in terms of yards per catch, separation, missed tackles, and YAC. However, he is small, can have gator arms on more vertical throws. There's also the really puzzling canyon between his 2016 (awful) and 2017 (sneaky good) seasons which honestly are hard to explain. Best guess is he can be pretty solid with help around him and pick up the pieces. Had a 77 grade I believe this past year. If his market stays under 5M, this seems like a pretty likely Bears target to me. Some real risk here, unfortunately. The contract would be a tolerable risk for this team given he is 25. If it pans out, you have a great value.

Pretty much just a gadget guy. Not that interesting. Already guys that can give you WR snaps and give window dressing if you really wanted to.

No.

I like his routerunning, but meh. He didn't ever move the needle with the Chargers and he won't here either. He's filler until you find younger and more talented WR's.

I would check this guy out as he does have a 1000 yard year under his belt. Might be some value here. Would depend on how much he wants.

Meh, he's been pretty bad until he kinda sorta came to life towards the very end of his Denver tenure. Not much there to get excited about.

I'd poke around to see what he wants, but this very muchso a ham and egg guy as a WR2.

Yes, just yes. Merely a question of how much you want to pay him and if he'd bite. Would be a WR1 the Bears need while leaving plenty of room in the mid rounds to grab a WR2. This is of course before Meredith, but there's plenty of incentive to be aggressive with surrounding Trubisky with weapons at this point in time.

Another bunch of nope.
I like your run down on these wrs. If I recall, you were a KC fan last year (I could be wrong) so you have probably seen Wilson play a lot. I’d like to get Wilson as a slot guy 3/4th wr. I would also slightly overpay for a guy like Watkins. I think that guy can be a solid 1. If we play the FA WR right, we could address that position and have a lot more freedom in the draft. Getting Watkins and someone like Wilson at a slightly overpaid price makes our WRs look good enough for this team to compete. We don’t need the best WRs, just ones that get open.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Another bunch of nope.

Solid rundown, though to me a ton depends on price of guys...

One of your runs of guys you wouldn't consider contains a few I would at the right amount...

Campanaro is one I'd keep an eye on. He basically is an Amendola/Welker/Edelman type WR... In the right offense I could see him being very impactful...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like the Bears might not agree with me about Landry...

I would be a bit disappointed if we dealt for Landry. However, if it is simply a trade back to 11 and one of our 4th's. That wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd be more disappointed that we have to dole him out a #1 WR contract.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the combine results come in, I am starting to lose interest in Calvin Ridley. His 40 time was a 4.44, which isn’t bad, but it isn’t quite good either. He’s got smaller hands and is known for dropping passes. He’s not necessarily big either. I’d rather take a flyer on someone later on in the draft and address our front line of WRs via free agency. I guess that puts me on the Nelson bandwagon for now. If he doesn’t slip to us, we should take the best defensive player available. I like Ward and Fitzpatrick too.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there is a WR in the draft worthy of the pick. Not a huge fan of WRs in the top 10 anyway, but this year particularly.

I'm thinking Tremaine Edmunds or Denzel Ward.

I think the top priority right now is securing Kyle Fuller. I will be very disappointed if they don't lock him up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there is a WR in the draft worthy of the pick. Not a huge fan of WRs in the top 10 anyway, but this year particularly.

I'm thinking Tremaine Edmunds or Denzel Ward.

I think the top priority right now is securing Kyle Fuller. I will be very disappointed if they don't lock him up.

I did a mock draft on another forum and had the Bears. I took Edmunds in the first.

Was going to take Courtland Sutton in the 2nd, but the Colts guy took him right in front of me. Then, I was going to take that St. Brown kid from ND. However, Donte Jackson (LSU CB) fell all the way from his mid-late 1st round projection to us in the 2nd. So, I couldn't lay off. I took him instead of reaching for St. Brown, which would have been a reach at WR just for the sake of taking one.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they only have 5 WR under contract.
Markus Wheaton
Kevin White
Demarcus Ayers
Tanner Gentry
MeKale McKay
Maybe most of these free agent WR don't impress, but they still may be better than what we have.

The Bears may have cap space, but they are in a world of hurt.
Plus we also have other holes to fill on both sides of the ball.
If I counted right, we have 42 players on contract.
Many of whom are not even starters.

If Pace is gonna play miser and not overpay, I think there are some undervalued guys available. (Or guys who were buried on other depth charts.)

I'd prefer we stay away from John Brown.
He's got good hands and is quick.
But he seems to miss a lot of games. We already have guys like that.
That said, if everyone else shies away from him for the same reason and we can get him cheap...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they only have 5 WR under contract.
Markus Wheaton
Kevin White
Demarcus Ayers
Tanner Gentry
MeKale McKay
Maybe most of these free agent WR don't impress, but they still may be better than what we have.

The Bears may have cap space, but they are in a world of hurt.
Plus we also have other holes to fill on both sides of the ball.
If I counted right, we have 42 players on contract.
Many of whom are not even starters.

If Pace is gonna play miser and not overpay, I think there are some undervalued guys available. (Or guys who were buried on other depth charts.)

I'd prefer we stay away from John Brown.
He's got good hands and is quick.
But he seems to miss a lot of games. We already have guys like that.
That said, if everyone else shies away from him for the same reason and we can get him cheap...

Who do they bring back, if any?

Cameron Meredith
Dontrelle Inman
Kendall Wright
Josh Bellamy

I was subtlety getting excited about Meredith before he went down. Inman was clearly the No. 1 after his late-arrival. Bellamy is cheap and plays special teams, so I could see him staying. I think Wright may be out with the potential addition of Albert Wilson.

I would like to see what Trubisky can do with Meredith, Inman and I know I'll get killed for this, but even Kevin White. Maybe a good QB, (which I believe Mitch is and will be) can resuscitate a career.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cameron Meredith
Dontrelle Inman
Kendall Wright
Josh Bellamy

I was subtlety getting excited about Meredith before he went down. Inman was clearly the No. 1 after his late-arrival. Bellamy is cheap and plays special teams, so I could see him staying. I think Wright may be out with the potential addition of Albert Wilson.

I would like to see what Trubisky can do with Meredith, Inman and I know I'll get killed for this, but even Kevin White. Maybe a good QB, (which I believe Mitch is and will be) can resuscitate a career.
Kevin white is playing for his career this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a good year or if he just sat out the whole year and anywhere in between.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cameron Meredith
Dontrelle Inman
Kendall Wright
Josh Bellamy

Kevin white is playing for his career this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a good year or if he just sat out the whole year and anywhere in between.

I'm with BF..............I still have hopes for White........He has not had a chance to showcase his skills yet and like to see him give it a go this year.......So know,i wouldn`t kill you for that.....lol

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a mock draft on another forum and had the Bears. I took Edmunds in the first.

Was going to take Courtland Sutton in the 2nd, but the Colts guy took him right in front of me. Then, I was going to take that St. Brown kid from ND. However, Donte Jackson (LSU CB) fell all the way from his mid-late 1st round projection to us in the 2nd. So, I couldn't lay off. I took him instead of reaching for St. Brown, which would have been a reach at WR just for the sake of taking one.

Auden Tate in the 3rd!!! :D

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916194/article/dez-bryant-jordy-nelson-among-nfc-cut-candidates

2) Jordy Nelson OR Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers: This is shaping up as an either/or scenario. Green Bay handed receiver Davante Adams a big extension in December, and it would surprising to see the Packers bring back their top three receivers for more than $35 million. Nelson, who caught 53 passes for 482 yards in his 10th NFL season, might best be used out of the slot at this stage of his career -- but that's where Cobb lines up. Nelson could be open to taking a pay cut, which might be required for either player to return. Of course, Aaron Rodgers' head might explode if the Packers get rid of both Nelson and Cobb.

I`m not on the Ridley bandwagon either......too short and does not weigh enough to take any bonafide NFL hits in my opinion......

But I had read awhile back of Jordy nelson may get cut........I don`t think GB wil do that,but the article also said Cobb could be a candidate.........now if this were to happen,I`d take either one of these two..............I would love to give back to GB what they have done to us.......And who wouldn`t wanna see ARs head explode.........:D