• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Free Agents WR

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's his deal? He seemed to fall out of favor in record fashion? For all intents and purposes, he seems like he should be a decent depth chart guy at worst, but he barely cracked the field en shit. Nary a word about him from camp talking heads.

He always underwhemled as a Steeler. Guess he's the type to underachieve :noidea:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always underwhemled as a Steeler. Guess he's the type to underachieve :noidea:

The Bears were as desperate as a team could be for WRs, and he sat idly by for some unknown reason, 'til late in the season???

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears were as desperate as a team could be for WRs, and he sat idly by for some unknown reason, 'til late in the season???

Believe me, Steelers fans were more than happy to see him hit the road

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me Ridley and Kirk are a little on the short side for my likings.........Ridley at 6-1 and 188 lbs would get killed out there.And Kirk is 5-11 200........I just don`t like his height.........

I like the taller wrs and Sutton at 6-4 and 216 sounds like a big target.............If it were up to me He`d be my guy if we take wr as our no.1.
EDIT: @beardown07 i meant to quote you too.
I used to be a height nazi too (The League reference if you don’t understand). But when you have WRs like Antonio Brown, ODBj, Landry, Tyreik Hill, and TY Hilton being as successful as they are, I think it’s safe to pick the smaller speedsters early. Kirk looks like what you’d expect Odell Beckham Jr to look like in college if you never saw him play. If his speed is for real, he could be that type of elite talent. Cutler loved big physical WRs. I think Trubisky might prefer the faster guys. He does force as many throws. Both players excel at getting open. That’s what Trubisky needs. I don’t see him throwing too many jump balls unless it is necessary. Then you have to realize that this offense most likely caters more towards fast WRs and I think its a pick that could easily turn into a slam dunk.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT: @beardown07 i meant to quote you too.
I used to be a height nazi too (The League reference if you don’t understand). But when you have WRs like Antonio Brown, ODBj, Landry, Tyreik Hill, and TY Hilton being as successful as they are, I think it’s safe to pick the smaller speedsters early. Kirk looks like what you’d expect Odell Beckham Jr to look like in college if you never saw him play. If his speed is for real, he could be that type of elite talent. Cutler loved big physical WRs. I think Trubisky might prefer the faster guys. He does force as many throws. Both players excel at getting open. That’s what Trubisky needs. I don’t see him throwing too many jump balls unless it is necessary. Then you have to realize that this offense most likely caters more towards fast WRs and I think its a pick that could easily turn into a slam dunk.

My point was mostly geared towards the concept of not really liking the idea of a WR in the top ten of the draft.

If they are to do that, it needs to be a slam dunk. They cannot afford another White scenario.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None... Why do you ask?

Because we are talking about the number 8 pick.

As stated above, I'm not super-keen on the idea of WR in the top 10. If they do decide that, I want him to be beastly af. Maybe that doesn't necessarily mean he's 6'4", but he better be the next Antonio Brown, if not.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we are talking about the number 8 pick.

As stated above, I'm not super-keen on the idea of WR in the top 10. If they do decide that, I want him to be beastly af. Maybe that doesn't necessarily mean he's 6'4", but he better be the next Antonio Brown, if not.
Antonio Brown is only 5' 11".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. I said he doesn't have to be 6'4", but if he's not, he better be the next Antonio Brown.

What in the holy fuck are you rolling eyes about?
I don't believe there are any WR's nearly as good as Antonio Brown in the 2018 draft.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was mostly geared towards the concept of not really liking the idea of a WR in the top ten of the draft.

If they are to do that, it needs to be a slam dunk. They cannot afford another White scenario.
Kirk is the most intriguing wr in this draft to me so far. If he has a terrible combine, I might lose confidence in him. If any one of Sutton, Ridley, or Washington impresses during the combine, I would gain interest. Outside of those four guys, I’m not interested in any WR with our first pick. I haven’t been too terribly impressed with any oline guys either and I think we need to address the offense in this draft. I’m eager to see what pace does.