• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Free Agents WR

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the FAs, I don’t think we bring in a big time guy. We will bring back a few guys, get a low cost FA or two, and then draft a promising WR. I don’t think Pace wants to pay for Landry, and as great as ACL surgery is, I don’t think Pace wants to double down on ACL tears. We need WR help, but there just aren’t many good FAs. It’s not the year to need WR help.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the FAs, I don’t think we bring in a big time guy. We will bring back a few guys, get a low cost FA or two, and then draft a promising WR. I don’t think Pace wants to pay for Landry, and as great as ACL surgery is, I don’t think Pace wants to double down on ACL tears. We need WR help, but there just aren’t many good FAs. It’s not the year to need WR help.

Christian Kirk with our 1st maybe?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Kirk with our 1st maybe?
Maybe. Or Ridley. I think Kirk fits this style of offense better. You have to ask yourself if we already have what Kirk would provide in Cohen. Would having a second smaller speedster be what this teams needs or more of a traditional number 1 guy. I think Kirk and Cohen on the field at the same time would drive Defenses mad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Or Ridley. I think Kirk fits this style of offense better. You have to ask yourself if we already have what Kirk would provide in Cohen. Would having a second smaller speedster be what this teams needs or more of a traditional number 1 guy. I think Kirk and Cohen on the field at the same time would drive Defenses mad.

Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk receives 4th-round projection from NFL draft analyst

Maybe he has a huge combine, but he still wouldn't sniff top 10. Most have him 2nd-4th round.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agents?? Pfff! No need! You have Markus Wheaton!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk receives 4th-round projection from NFL draft analyst

Maybe he has a huge combine, but he still wouldn't sniff top 10. Most have him 2nd-4th round.
I’ve heard him going in the first in some projections, too. It’s still way too early to tell with a player like him. Outside of Ridley, WR is a crap shoot right now. If we can get Kirk in the second, I would take him though. Even if we took Ridley wih our first pick. That duo could turn one of the teams biggest weaknesses into a huge strength. I’m eager to see who is actually there when we pick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard him going in the first in some projections, too. It’s still way too early to tell with a player like him. Outside of Ridley, WR is a crap shoot right now. If we can get Kirk in the second, I would take him though. Even if we took Ridley wih our first pick. That duo could turn one of the teams biggest weaknesses into a huge strength. I’m eager to see who is actually there when we pick.

I think we can get him in the 2nd. Which would be perfect. I don't like any WR enough to roll the dice on at #8 overall. Maybe if we traded down, but I don't know... Ridley looks good, but far from a slam-dunk. IMO

I agree Kirk has the potential to have a big combine and up his stock. I get the feeling he'll be there after the 1st, but obviously someone could reach... or a number of different things could happen.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can get him in the 2nd. Which would be perfect. I don't like any WR enough to roll the dice on at #8 overall. Maybe if we traded down, but I don't know... Ridley looks good, but far from a slam-dunk. IMO

I agree Kirk has the potential to have a big combine and up his stock. I get the feeling he'll be there after the 1st, but obviously someone could reach... or a number of different things could happen.
Other names mentioned in the 1st/2nd are Washington and Sutton. Washington looks like a speedster and Sutton looks like a big wr. I doubt they have the potential to be top ten like Kirk and Ridley do. I kind of agree wih your assessment here, but I’m a little higher on Ridley. Ridley is a jack of all trades. He will be useful in the nfl. He may even be a star if he can keep improving. A lot of what I heard held him back last year was Hurts missing him or not throwing to him when he was open. Watching hurts a few times, I could see this being the case.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other names mentioned in the 1st/2nd are Washington and Sutton. Washington looks like a speedster and Sutton looks like a big wr. I doubt they have the potential to be top ten like Kirk and Ridley do. I kind of agree wih your assessment here, but I’m a little higher on Ridley. Ridley is a jack of all trades. He will be useful in the nfl. He may even be a star if he can keep improving. A lot of what I heard held him back last year was Hurts missing him or not throwing to him when he was open. Watching hurts a few times, I could see this being the case.

I agree that Ridley does a lot of good things. However, I get worried about taking a WR this early who isn't that 6'4 225 prototype. I know Nagy's offense is more built around speed guys on the outside, but I just think those guys are typically there in the 2nd/3rd.

It is a good class for O-line and we just brought in Hiestand who has a couple of his boys coming out from ND. We have talent up front, but Sitton and Long are far from sure things going forward. Might be good to protect our investment in Trubisky first, and hope a guy like Kirk is there in the 2nd.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Ridley does a lot of good things. However, I get worried about taking a WR this early who isn't that 6'4 225 prototype. I know Nagy's offense is more built around speed guys on the outside, but I just think those guys are typically there in the 2nd/3rd.

It is a good class for O-line and we just brought in Hiestand who has a couple of his boys coming out from ND. We have talent up front, but Sitton and Long are far from sure things going forward. Might be good to protect our investment in Trubisky first, and hope a guy like Kirk is there in the 2nd.
What Oline guys are you liking? The only guy I’ve seen sniff the top ten is McGlinchey and he’s a guard going top 5. That doesn’t bode well for us getting him. I’d consider oline, but I just don’t see the top end talent there either. From what I have seen, this is not the draft to need WRs or olinemen. I am curious as to who you would want out of this draft at oline.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always want big uglies in the first round. Either side of the line is fine, but they need to be ugly af, so there's that built-in anger.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always want big uglies in the first round. Either side of the line is fine, but they need to be ugly af, so there's that built-in anger.
I always want individuals that BSgenious thinks are bad... Guaranteed HoF!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No take-backs!
:nono:
What's his deal? He seemed to fall out of favor in record fashion? For all intents and purposes, he seems like he should be a decent depth chart guy at worst, but he barely cracked the field en shit. Nary a word about him from camp talking heads.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me Ridley and Kirk are a little on the short side for my likings.........Ridley at 6-1 and 188 lbs would get killed out there.And Kirk is 5-11 200........I just don`t like his height.........

I like the taller wrs and Sutton at 6-4 and 216 sounds like a big target.............If it were up to me He`d be my guy if we take wr as our no.1.