• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about guys like Teddy Bridgewater or Josh McCown? They are projected free agents. Plenty of risk with both, but I like the upside. Teddy is still young and eager to re-establish himself, and McCown has been playing fairly well (mixed bag really). Both would benefit from having an established group with all of the pieces in place.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about guys like Teddy Bridgewater or Josh McCown? They are projected free agents. Plenty of risk with both, but I like the upside. Teddy is still young and eager to re-establish himself, and McCown has been playing fairly well (mixed bag really). Both would benefit from having an established group with all of the pieces in place.
IMO it would depend on the cost to get either of them. I could see the Vikes asking way too much for Teddy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it would depend on the cost to get either of them. I could see the Vikes asking way too much for Teddy.
IIRC Bridgewater is a FA. Can't imagine his asking price is that high with the amount of risk he carries.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MIN is in a interesting spot with Bridgewater/Keenum and Bradford...I'd love to take a flyer on Bridgewater. McGown is obviously a stopgap option...I'm not too excited about him.

There are some obvious needs, but one thing you mentioned earlier I was having a conversation about last night.

Dupree...what do they do here? Going into his final season of the rookie deal. He'd been underwhelming as a sack guy, but solid overall.

Clearly Bud hasn't done enough to lock up his 5th yr, but he's been a decent player. I think you let him play his final yr and see how the chips fall after that. That does kinda put OLB in the conversation, maybe a little higher than a depth look.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk this for sure, but I think all 3 MIN QBs are FAs...on some level.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk this for sure, but I think all 3 MIN QBs are FAs...on some level.
Oh I was thinking Teddy was restricted. I guess Min could franchise, tender or transition tag Teddy or any of the 3 QBs if those all still exist??? Although I can't see them paying the franchise tag price for anybody but Teddy PROVIDED he's all the way back from his knee injury!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIN is in a interesting spot with Bridgewater/Keenum and Bradford...I'd love to take a flyer on Bridgewater. McGown is obviously a stopgap option...I'm not too excited about him.

There are some obvious needs, but one thing you mentioned earlier I was having a conversation about last night.

Dupree...what do they do here? Going into his final season of the rookie deal. He'd been underwhelming as a sack guy, but solid overall.

Clearly Bud hasn't done enough to lock up his 5th yr, but he's been a decent player. I think you let him play his final yr and see how the chips fall after that. That does kinda put OLB in the conversation, maybe a little higher than a depth look.
I think Teddy B is worth a look but I'd be very hesitant to pay much for him. I'd view him as a QB3 with upside to become a starter and base my salary cap off that.

Dupree... I might be too harsh on the kid given the history of the position. Its not exactly fair to judge him based on sacks or pressure given the nature of the position in Butler's defense and how it has evolved from simply setting the edge & rushing the passer. He has been solid. His athleticism covers a lot of ground. But I still can't seem to shake all the images of him getting stiff-armed straight into the turf when trying to tackle RBs in space. That kind of stuff shouldn't happen for a OLB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was thinking Teddy was restricted. I guess Min could franchise, tender or transition tag Teddy or any of the 3 QBs if those all still exist??? Although I can't see them paying the franchise tag price for anybody but Teddy PROVIDED he's all the way back from his knee injury!
He's back from knee injury. They let him take a few snaps on Dec 17th. Granted he didn't complete any passes, but it was very limited exposure. The game was well in-hand and they were trying to run out the clock. His first pass was an interception because the RB tipped the ball straight up into the air. I think the Vikes would be wise to plan on franchising Keenum until they know what he wants.

Teddy B's future in MIN is very uncertain.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He might be...I'm not sure, but I did read where the 3 main QBs are FAs.

If I had to guess, they will franchise Keenum if they can't sign him long term. Teddy...I think they would like to keep him even in a QB2 role, but if they franchise Keenum, I don't think they will have the money to sign TB also unless he takes a big hometown discount.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Teddy B is worth a look but I'd be very hesitant to pay much for him. I'd view him as a QB3 with upside to become a starter and base my salary cap off that.

Dupree... I might be too harsh on the kid given the history of the position. Its not exactly fair to judge him based on sacks or pressure given the nature of the position in Butler's defense and how it has evolved from simply setting the edge & rushing the passer. He has been solid. His athleticism covers a lot of ground. But I still can't seem to shake all the images of him getting stiff-armed straight into the turf when trying to tackle RBs in space. That kind of stuff shouldn't happen for a OLB.

Dupree...yep, it's getting harder it seems to land studs at OLB for Colbert, (that's why it feels so good to see TJ performing well out the gates)...but our expectations are still pretty high for OLBs in PIT.

I would love to have a legit dbl digit edge guy, but I'm starting to like pressure by committee. I wonder if they can sustain it, but it gives Butler some options.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dupree...yep, it's getting harder it seems to land studs at OLB for Colbert, (that's why it feels so good to see TJ performing well out the gates)...but our expectations are still pretty high for OLBs in PIT.

I would love to have a legit dbl digit edge guy, but I'm starting to like pressure by committee. I wonder if they can sustain it, but it gives Butler some options.
Agreed. The athleticism of both Watt & Dupree have allowed Butler to do a lot more with his defense. Its ridiculous to think about all the different schemes & looks that he can deploy given that amount of athleticism on the field. Especially when he had Shazier in there.

Probably why we see Hilton blitzing from the slot a lot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The athleticism of both Watt & Dupree have allowed Butler to do a lot more with his defense. Its ridiculous to think about all the different schemes & looks that he can deploy given that amount of athleticism on the field. Especially when he had Shazier in there.

Probably why we see Hilton blitzing from the slot a lot.

They have locked up the stud DEs...Idt we can count on 12 sacks from Heyward every yr, but when you have 3 guys (TJ, BUD, and Tuitt) all capable of 6 to 8 sacks each, plus the ILB/DB blitz packages...they should be in the upper tier of pressure DEFs.

Hilton has a nose for the QB when he's in blitz mode...really seems to thrive on it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have locked up the stud DEs...Idt we can count on 12 sacks from Heyward every yr, but when you have 3 guys (TJ, BUD, and Tuitt) all capable of 6 to 8 sacks each, plus the ILB/DB blitz packages...they should be in the upper tier of pressure DEFs.

Hilton has a nose for the QB when he's in blitz mode...really seems to thrive on it.
True. I think everyone is going to expect a big year from Watt in 2018. That could really push Dupree to excel. But that's wishful thinking.

Hilton really made the "hard swing & miss" on Golsen that much easier to forget... Ole Miss product, rinse & repeat.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ...I'm pleased...of course I'd like to see him in the 9-10 sack range every yr, but as long as the collective DEF is north of 50 on the sack total I think they will be a top 10ish type DEF.

The pass rush guru (Chuck Smith local ATL guy) that Dupree worked with thought he was going to have a break out year this yr....it didn't turn out like that, solid season, but I'm still glass half full on Dupree.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ...I'm pleased...of course I'd like to see him in the 9-10 sack range every yr, but as long as the collective DEF is north of 50 on the sack total I think they will be a top 10ish type DEF.

The pass rush guru (Chuck Smith local ATL guy) that Dupree worked with thought he was going to have a break out year this yr....it didn't turn out like that, solid season, but I'm still glass half full on Dupree.
Chuck Smith must not have gotten the "football in shorts" memo from Coach T.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's not too early. We need to get some CBs. I'm sick and tired of this goddamn secondary. We need some more linebackers. I'm sick and tired of this goddamn team forgetting how to tackle on gameday. And please, for heaven's sake....WILL SOMEONE FIRE TODD HALEY!!!!!!!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's not too early. We need to get some CBs. I'm sick and tired of this goddamn secondary. We need some more linebackers. I'm sick and tired of this goddamn team forgetting how to tackle on gameday. And please, for heaven's sake....WILL SOMEONE FIRE TODD HALEY!!!!!!!

Good news they just don't have to renew his contract. Or in terms of the movie OfficeSpace from the immortal "The Bobs" just fix the glitch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Haley should be as good as gone now. Tomlin will need a guinea pig to publicly hang after that embarrassment to cover his own ass even though he deserves every bit of the criticism that Haley does for that game.

If they can somehow manage to keep this team intact (killer B's), then I would focus on the defense as well. Goodbye Mitchell, wish I didn't know you. Axe Gay, Sens & Wilcox since they weren't really contributors anyways. Draft a FS, CB & ILB. And pray they make quick-studies out of at least 2 of them.

This unit will be remembered as paper champions... lead the league in sacks and yet registered 0 sacks today. They were ranked 5th against the pass and somehow got gashed by none other than Blake fucking Bortles on numerous possession downs. And they were 10th against the run but got dismantled for 4 rushing TDs today. Nobody's job is safe IMO, except for maybe Heyward.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Haley should be as good as gone now. Tomlin will need a guinea pig to publicly hang after that embarrassment to cover his own ass even though he deserves every bit of the criticism that Haley does for that game.

If they can somehow manage to keep this team intact (killer B's), then I would focus on the defense as well. Goodbye Mitchell, wish I didn't know you. Axe Gay, Sens & Wilcox since they weren't really contributors anyways. Draft a FS, CB & ILB. And pray they make quick-studies out of at least 2 of them.

This unit will be remembered as paper champions... lead the league in sacks and yet registered 0 sacks today. They were ranked 5th against the pass and somehow got gashed by none other than Blake fucking Bortles on numerous possession downs. And they were 10th against the run but got dismantled for 4 rushing TDs today. Nobody's job is safe IMO, except for maybe Heyward.

Axe fucking Haden. That huge pass play that led to that last TD, Haden doesn't bother jumping up to defend that pass? Come on now!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated draft needs:

CB
SS/FS
LB
QB
WR
RB

If we don't keep Bell, RB goes ahead of LB.