• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely the FA money for a FS or ILB went with Bell's tag so I think we can expect them to go with LB or FS at 28. Bell puts them over the cap, so whenever this deal officially hits the books, we can expect to see some cuts around that same time...I expect a slew of cuts.

They have met with Guice, but I think 60 would be where they would pick RB...if asked this before but if Guice, Evans, LVE, and Reid are all on the board...what do they do? I think they would go FS...I would.
Justin Reid is my #1 pick right now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FS in free agency are pretty scarce. Tre Boston and Jarius Byrd might be the best options and Byrd is over 30. Boston would be the best bet. For RB, Dion Lewis is at the top of my list. Followed by Jeremy Hill and Jerick McKinnon. McKinnon would be the cheapest. Lewis would probably cost about $4-5M to sign him. There are a plethora of ILBs in free agency. Zach Brown, Navarro Bowman, Jon Bostic, Demario Davis. Davis and Bostic would be cheap as well.

Warning: Opinions may lie ahead. You may or may not agree with them. Viewer discretion is advised.

I think we should sign an ILB in FA, draft a CB at 28, draft another ILB in the 2nd and possibly get a RB in the 3rd. But the team has to act like Bell really will sit the season after being tagged.
I doubt they will have much of a shot at any of those FAs without lowering Bell's cap hit or selling the farm sotospeak. The likelihood of anyone being signed via FA with Bell's caphit is slim.

IMO there are way more safety options that fit our needs than there are ILBs. Almost all of the FA ILBs are run stuffers with suspect coverage abilities. And those that have shown decent coverage abilities are either old AF, or injured AF. If they are looking at ILBs in FA then it most likely means they are looking at upgrading Vince Williams or simply for depth purposes. That "Shazier replacement" will most likely come from the draft.

At RB there are certainly a number of contingency plans out there. But again, Bell's situation would need to be determined prior to taking action.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? The Rams just shipped Alex Ogletree to the Giants for 4th & 6th round picks?

If I were Colbert I would have easily made that trade!!! :gaah:

What's the story there? Ogletree go into rapid decline in the course of 1 season?

@ATL96Steeler @Terry Rode

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? The Rams just shipped Alex Ogletree to the Giants for 4th & 6th round picks?

What's the story there? Ogletree go into rapid decline in the course of 1 season?

I heard that on the drive home... sounds like a salary dump to sign Donald maybe...stunned.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This pisses me off. Telling me we couldn’t package a 3rd and one of our 5ths? What is this FO doing? Are we trying to do anything in FA?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't think they have the cap space...he's carrying a $10 mil cap hit for the next two seasons, but it seems like there's a soft landing in '19 if he doesn't make the roster for whatever reason...so technically the Giants are on the hook for the '18 season it looks like.

He's always been one of my favorite Dawgs...could've easily transferred his skills to a 34 ILB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of UGA LBs...Lorenzo Carter...almost a splitting imagine of Leonard Floyd, a '16 CHI 1st rd pick. Had a solid combine.

They didn't blitz him much so his sack numbers are not impressive, but he's got a nice frame, great athletic ability...sounds like Dupree (LOL), but he has great upside...might be gone by 92 with this combine, and 60 feels too high for him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think they have the cap space...he's carrying a $10 mil cap hit for the next two seasons, but it seems like there's a soft landing in '19 if he doesn't make the roster for whatever reason...so technically the Giants are on the hook for the '18 season it looks like.

He's always been one of my favorite Dawgs...could've easily transferred his skills to a 34 ILB.
Was thinkin about that too. Heard he was due a $7mil roster bonus this season too and wasn't fitting into Wade Phillips' schemes very well. Rams made the right move if thats the case. Especially since they are trying to ink Donald long term.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinkin about that too. Heard he was due a $7mil roster bonus this season too and wasn't fitting into Wade Phillips' schemes very well. Rams made the right move if thats the case. Especially since they are trying to ink Donald long term.

It's always quirky getting a 43 OLB to switch inside in a 34, but he played well in his 1st yr of the transition. I think it was the money...Quinn I think may have been a misfit as well, and also expensive.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they will have much of a shot at any of those FAs without lowering Bell's cap hit or selling the farm sotospeak. The likelihood of anyone being signed via FA with Bell's caphit is slim.

IMO there are way more safety options that fit our needs than there are ILBs. Almost all of the FA ILBs are run stuffers with suspect coverage abilities. And those that have shown decent coverage abilities are either old AF, or injured AF. If they are looking at ILBs in FA then it most likely means they are looking at upgrading Vince Williams or simply for depth purposes. That "Shazier replacement" will most likely come from the draft.
dont think they take a rb in FA at all, and why would u want some of those guys, they arent what we need

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Formal/Informal Meetings so far:

QBs:
Louisville - Lamar Jackson
Oklahoma St - Mason Rudolph

RBs:
Auburn - Kerryon Johnson
LSU - Derrius Guice

TEs:
Indiana - Ian Thomas
ND - Durham Smythe
Penn State - Mike Gesicki
South Dakota St - Dallas Goedert
Washington - Will Dissly
Wisconsin - Troy Fumagalli

WRs:
Oklahoma St - James Washington

LBs:
Alabama - ILB Rashaan Evans
Alabama - ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton
BSU - ILB Leighton Vander Esch

OSU - ILB Jerome Baker
Stanford - Harrison Phillips
Texas - ILB Malik Jefferson

DL:
Alabama - DT Da'Ron Payne
Alabama - DT Joshua Frazier
FSU - DT Derrick Nnadi
SFU - DT Deadrin Senat
Stanford - DT Harrison Phillips

S:

Alabama - SS Ronnie Harrison
Alabama - FS Minkah Fitzpatrick
Stanford - Justin Reid

Wake Forest - Jessie Bates

I'll try to update this list to include all meetings from combine, pro-days, and pre-draft visits.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Formal/Informal Meetings so far:

QBs:
Louisville - Lamar Jackson
Oklahoma St - Mason Rudolph

RBs:
Auburn - Kerryon Johnson
LSU - Derrius Guice

TEs:
Indiana - Ian Thomas
ND - Durham Smythe
Penn State - Mike Gesicki
South Dakota St - Dallas Goedert
Washington - Will Dissly
Wisconsin - Troy Fumagalli

WRs:
Oklahoma St - James Washington

LBs:
Alabama - ILB Rashaan Evans
Alabama - ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton
BSU - ILB Leighton Vander Esch

OSU - ILB Jerome Baker
Stanford - Harrison Phillips
Texas - ILB Malik Jefferson

DL:
Alabama - DT Da'Ron Payne
Alabama - DT Joshua Frazier
FSU - DT Derrick Nnadi
SFU - DT Deadrin Senat
Stanford - DT Harrison Phillips

S:

Alabama - SS Ronnie Harrison
Alabama - FS Minkah Fitzpatrick
Stanford - Justin Reid
Wake Forest - Jessie Bates

I'll try to update this list to include all meetings from combine, pro-days, and pre-draft visits.
QBs:
Washington St - Luke Falk

WRs:

Washington - Dante Pettis

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Steelers place second round tender on kicker Chris Boswell

Decent price for a reliable kicker. 2nd Rd tender is steep. Kickers are finicky personnel. A change of scenery often does more harm than good. Doubt anyone touches him. Steelers will be on the hook for just shy of $3mil. It would be more ideal to get the long term deal done, but the Steelers are simply too cap strapped right now and they clearly have an agenda to get the bigger moves accomplished.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class.

He returned to PIT a better player, won't be remembered as the best CB in Steeler history but he bridged the gap to the current crop.

I hear he's done well, says he wants to play one more, but I think he'll be fine if he doesn't...either way, wish him well.